Lhe Challenge(?) Thread

Something I never understood- Why is it denoted as HUHU instead of just HU?
B/c you could be at a table with more then 1 person and you end up HU in a pot which is different then when you are at a HUHU table.
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How horrible is this? Since he raised the flop I'm not putting him on an A unless its AJ, so I took a stab when the A fell on the turn since my line would match up with an AK type hand. On the river I knew I was in a pretty bad situation, but since the pot was so large already its still worth one more try, right? If he calls its good for my image. lolVillain is 39/13/1.5 over 240 hands.PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $4.00 BB (10 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is SB with :D, :ts1 fold, UTG+1 raises, 6 folds, Hero 3-bets, 1 fold, UTG+1 callsFlop: (7 SB) :D, :5c, :club:(2 players)Hero bets, UTG+1 raises, Hero callsTurn: (5.5 BB) :4h(2 players)Hero checks, UTG+1 bets, Hero raises, UTG+1 callsRiver: (9.5 BB) :D(2 players)Hero bets

How horrible is this? Since he raised the flop I'm not putting him on an A unless its AJ, so I took a stab when the A fell on the turn since my line would match up with an AK type hand. On the river I knew I was in a pretty bad situation, but since the pot was so large already its still worth one more try, right? If he calls its good for my image. lolVillain is 39/13/1.5 over 240 hands.PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $4.00 BB (10 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is SB with :D, :ts1 fold, UTG+1 raises, 6 folds, Hero 3-bets, 1 fold, UTG+1 callsFlop: (7 SB) :D, :5c, :club:(2 players)Hero bets, UTG+1 raises, Hero callsTurn: (5.5 BB) :4h(2 players)Hero checks, UTG+1 bets, Hero raises, UTG+1 callsRiver: (9.5 BB) :D(2 players)Hero bets
c/fing the river does the same thing for your image, and doesn't cost as much :)oh, i guess he could have Q10 sometimes here. i suppose c/cing the river isn't super terrible. but the main point is that if he has a made hand, and he calls the turn raise, he's showing his hand down 90% of the time at least, imo.edit: i thought this was 6m, not full ring. he never has q10. go ahead and fold and get the same thing out of your image.also, god bless this guy :3h:Stage #1086008127: Holdem Normal $2/$4 - 2008-10-01 23:31:21 (ET)Table: ROCK ISLAND (Real Money) Seat #2 is the dealerSeat 2 - ANOSAJ ($68.25 in chips)Seat 4 - JUMBOJACK00 ($24 in chips)Seat 6 - CHECKERS1 ($187.50 in chips)Seat 7 - DEVILS_SPAWN ($208.50 in chips)Seat 8 - ROSSY23 ($68.50 in chips)Seat 9 - BIGDOGG9923 ($396.49 in chips)Seat 1 - CHECKYMCFOLD ($142.25 in chips)JUMBOJACK00 - Posts small blind $1CHECKERS1 - Posts big blind $2*** POCKET CARDS ***Dealt to CHECKYMCFOLD [10s Qs] DEVILS_SPAWN - FoldsROSSY23 - Calls $2BIGDOGG9923 - Calls $2CHECKYMCFOLD - Calls $2ANOSAJ - FoldsJUMBOJACK00 - Calls $1CHECKERS1 - Checks*** FLOP *** [Ad Qd 10c]JUMBOJACK00 - ChecksCHECKERS1 - ChecksROSSY23 - Bets $2BIGDOGG9923 - Raises $4 to $4CHECKYMCFOLD - Raises $6 to $6JUMBOJACK00 - FoldsCHECKERS1 - FoldsROSSY23 - Raises $6 to $8BIGDOGG9923 - FoldsCHECKYMCFOLD - Calls $2*** TURN *** [Ad Qd 10c] [Qc]ROSSY23 - Bets $4CHECKYMCFOLD - Raises $8 to $8ROSSY23 - Raises $8 to $12CHECKYMCFOLD - Raises $8 to $16ROSSY23 - Calls $4*** RIVER *** [Ad Qd 10c Qc] [4d]ROSSY23 - Bets $4CHECKYMCFOLD - Raises $8 to $8ROSSY23 - Raises $8 to $12CHECKYMCFOLD - Raises $8 to $16ROSSY23 - Calls $4*** SHOW DOWN ***CHECKYMCFOLD - Shows [10s Qs] (Full house, queens full of tens) ROSSY23 - MucksCHECKYMCFOLD Collects $91 from main pot*** SUMMARY ***Total Pot($94) | Rake ($3)Board [Ad Qd 10c Qc 4d]Seat 1: CHECKYMCFOLD won Total ($91) HI:($91) with Full house, queens full of tens [10s Qs - P:Qs,B:Qd,B:Qc,P:10s,B:10c] Seat 2: ANOSAJ (dealer) Folded on the POCKET CARDSSeat 4: JUMBOJACK00 (small blind) Folded on the FLOPSeat 6: CHECKERS1 (big blind) Folded on the FLOPSeat 7: DEVILS_SPAWN Folded on the POCKET CARDSSeat 8: ROSSY23 HI: [Mucked] [Ac 7c] Seat 9: BIGDOGG9923 Folded on the FLOPas a final note:september, **** you. october, we cool.
also, god bless this guy :club: :*** SHOW DOWN ***CHECKYMCFOLD - Shows [10s Qs] (Full house, queens full of tens) ROSSY23 - MucksCHECKYMCFOLD Collects $91 from main pot*** SUMMARY ***Total Pot($94) | Rake ($3)Board [Ad Qd 10c Qc 4d]Seat 1: CHECKYMCFOLD won Total ($91) HI:($91) with Full house, queens full of tens [10s Qs - P:Qs,B:Qd,B:Qc,P:10s,B:10c] Seat 2: ANOSAJ (dealer) Folded on the POCKET CARDSSeat 4: JUMBOJACK00 (small blind) Folded on the FLOPSeat 6: CHECKERS1 (big blind) Folded on the FLOPSeat 7: DEVILS_SPAWN Folded on the POCKET CARDSSeat 8: ROSSY23 HI: [Mucked] [Ac 7c] Seat 9: BIGDOGG9923 Folded on the FLOPas a final note:september, **** you. october, we cool.
It's been a while since I've been given a gift like that.
It's been a while since I've been given a gift like that.
word, i haven't seen that kind of fish in a couple months on ap. i got my 20BB off him before he left, and he's on smart buddy :club:.
word, i haven't seen that kind of fish in a couple months on ap. i got my 20BB off him before he left, and he's on smart buddy :club:.
Interpol is tight.
Interpol is tight.
your mom's tight OH SNAP :Dhonestly, though, although i used to be superfans of them, they did this super indie-masturbatory thing in chicago veiled as a secret show, with the dude from deerhunter and some other guys, and it was really, really terrible. like, just. so. bad. and they were acting like it was the type of music they had wanted to play their whole lives, which kinda makes me not like them anymore.

....or i could just finish today on a 60BB downswing, lol.at least i'm still up 40BB today, but guh.....or i could finish on a 40BB upswong. poker is so weird.

....or i could just finish today on a 60BB downswing, lol.at least i'm still up 40BB today, but guh.....or i could finish on a 40BB upswong. poker is so weird.
I was going to say at least the Red Sox won...but now I can say AND the Red Sox won.

Does it make any sense that I should play more tables when the players are bad and fewer tables when the players are tougher? Four tabling I get less reads and play more ABC poker, and it keeps me from trying to make stupid plays and bluffs against bad players who can't fold Queen high.Two tabling I get better reads and can make full use of my HUD, and now I think I make better decisions against various players.I don't know. I'm confused. Whatever works, right. I've been breaking even for a month now and it's starting to wear on me.

Once this hand gets to HU on the turn, should I be raising this vs a 73/8/1.8? Anything else you see wrong with this hand?PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is Button with 4heart.gif, Aheart.gifUTG calls, MP raises, 1 fold, Hero calls, SB calls, 1 fold, UTG callsFlop: (9 SB) 8heart.gif, 7heart.gif, 4diamond.gif(4 players)SB bets, UTG calls, MP calls, Hero raises, SB calls, UTG calls, MP callsTurn: (8.5 BB) 8spade.gif(4 players)SB bets, 2 folds, Hero callsRiver: (10.5 BB) 9spade.gif(2 players)SB bets, Hero callsTotal pot: $2.50 (12.5 BB) | Rake: $0.12Results in white below: Hero mucked 4heart.gif, Aheart.gif (two pair, eights and fours).SB had 7club.gif, Qclub.gif (two pair, eights and sevens).Outcome: SB won $2.38

Does it make any sense that I should play more tables when the players are bad and fewer tables when the players are tougher? Four tabling I get less reads and play more ABC poker, and it keeps me from trying to make stupid plays and bluffs against bad players who can't fold Queen high.Two tabling I get better reads and can make full use of my HUD, and now I think I make better decisions against various players.I don't know. I'm confused. Whatever works, right. I've been breaking even for a month now and it's starting to wear on me.
i think so.
Once this hand gets to HU on the turn, should I be raising this vs a 73/8/1.8? Anything else you see wrong with this hand?PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is Button with 4heart.gif, Aheart.gifUTG calls, MP raises, 1 fold, Hero calls, SB calls, 1 fold, UTG callsFlop: (9 SB) 8heart.gif, 7heart.gif, 4diamond.gif(4 players)SB bets, UTG calls, MP calls, Hero raises, SB calls, UTG calls, MP callsTurn: (8.5 BB) 8spade.gif(4 players)SB bets, 2 folds, Hero callsRiver: (10.5 BB) 9spade.gif(2 players)SB bets, Hero callsTotal pot: $2.50 (12.5 BB) | Rake: $0.12Results in white below: Hero mucked 4heart.gif, Aheart.gif (two pair, eights and fours).SB had 7club.gif, Qclub.gif (two pair, eights and sevens).Outcome: SB won $2.38
i don't bother calling this river unless ive seen him make a few very crazy nonsensical bluffs.

Me too. And no I'm probably not raising the turn. By doing so, you would cut down on your implied odds, discouraging a river bluff, and opening yourself up to being 3bet by a better hand. Your line is perfect imo.P.S. Navybuttons your last sig was much more appealing.

Me too. And no I'm probably not raising the turn. By doing so, you would cut down on your implied odds, discouraging a river bluff, and opening yourself up to being 3bet by a better hand. Your line is perfect imo.P.S. Navybuttons your last sig was much more appealing.
I agree with everything you said here.

This is my new best friend...in about an hour he lost a good 80BB. I limped mainly b/c this guy was so very bad that I wanted to be in as many pots as possible with him. Full Tilt Poker Game #8321844963: Table Arizo (6 max) - $0.50/$1 - Limit Hold'em - 19:31:45 ET - 2008/10/02Seat 1: Smokinman3 ($58.70)Seat 2: Popp1987 ($44.75)Seat 3: Iceman1203 ($37.70)Seat 4: Mattnxtc ($33)Seat 5: Endstation123 ($46.35)Popp1987 posts the small blind of $0.25Iceman1203 posts the big blind of $0.50The button is in seat #1*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Mattnxtc [8c Jc]Mattnxtc calls $0.50Endstation123 foldsSmokinman3 calls $0.50Popp1987 foldsIceman1203 checks*** FLOP *** [7c 5h 6c]Iceman1203 checksMattnxtc checksSmokinman3 bets $0.50Iceman1203 foldsMattnxtc raises to $1Smokinman3 raises to $1.50Mattnxtc raises to $2Smokinman3 calls $0.50*** TURN *** [7c 5h 6c] [9d]Mattnxtc bets $1Smokinman3 raises to $2Mattnxtc raises to $3Smokinman3 raises to $4Mattnxtc calls $1*** RIVER *** [7c 5h 6c 9d] [Kc]Mattnxtc bets $1Smokinman3 raises to $2Mattnxtc raises to $3Smokinman3 raises to $4Mattnxtc calls $1*** SHOW DOWN ***Smokinman3 shows [8d 9c] a straight, Nine highMattnxtc shows [8c Jc] a flush, King highMattnxtc wins the pot ($21.25) with a flush, King high*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $21.75 | Rake $0.50Board: [7c 5h 6c 9d Kc]Seat 1: Smokinman3 (button) showed [8d 9c] and lost with a straight, Nine highSeat 2: Popp1987 (small blind) folded before the FlopSeat 3: Iceman1203 (big blind) folded on the FlopSeat 4: Mattnxtc showed [8c Jc] and won ($21.25) with a flush, King highSeat 5: Endstation123 didn't bet (folded)

i do.
i guess the pot is big enough where it cant be bad, but unless he just hits the bet button for amusement if his hand hit that flop at all that nine is really bad. the only thing that he could flip over that you beat is a smaller flush draw that didn't pair up (and thats not tj or 6t) or a complete crazy bluff.

dear october,will you marry me? (check one)[ ] yes :club:[ ] no :(love,checky(running at a fairly solid 15 BB/100 so far this month in my first couple thousand hands)

dear october,will you marry me? (check one)[ ] yes :club:[ ] no :(love,checky(running at a fairly solid 15 BB/100 so far this month in my first couple thousand hands)
Not to mention the solid finish in the $24 LHE donkament. That was me at the final table...
Not to mention the solid finish in the $24 LHE donkament. That was me at the final table...
congrats on the finish!i'm also running hot in tourneys--3/3 in cashes so far :club: