Who Died Today?

Sure it is not a good thing MJ, Farrah, and Ed died this week.
The other good one way people saying in the status that "They say deaths come in 3s!". A lot more than 3 people died this week, sorry to break it to you.
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's colder than that, now.

When DFW died, Chorozzo made a disrespectful comment, and I slowly willed him into the grave over it. I didn't love Prince less than I loved DFW.

jesus would somebody fucking just die already so we can get a break in the music snobbery here?

Posted Images

The other good one way people saying in the status that "They say deaths come in 3s!". A lot more than 3 people died this week, sorry to break it to you.
OMG, I'm glad that phrase is tilting someone else. People will say " these things come in three's " and then nod their heads solemnly, like their passing on some hidden knowledge of the universe.
Yeah, how many soldiers died this week? Policeman? Firefighters? Grandparents, children, dogs, cats?
I have been waiting patiently for someone to liken this to Kurt Cobain. That one I really didnt understand. At least with Michael Jackson, he really was the most recognizable face on the planet (or close to it) for a while. So I can understand the outpouring of emotion.....but it is always going to be over the top in some places.
To counter point this, at least Cobain was in his artistic prime. He was still putting out albums, there were still teenagers ( who tend to be emotional) who loved him, to whom his music meant so much ( not really to me, but to many in my peer group). If MJ had died in like 1986 or something, I'd understand the emotional outpouring alot more. But christ, Bad was his last good album and that came out in 1987.
What really really bothers me about this most, is that everyone who says it is acting like they're the first fucking person to say it!I'm pretty sure I saw more than once FB udpate saying something like.... "You know, it always comes in 3's" Like they're teaching me something!
What really really bothers me about this most, is that everyone who says it is acting like they're the first fucking person to say it!I'm pretty sure I saw more than once FB udpate saying something like.... "You know, it always comes in 3's" Like they're teaching me something!
Or when 2 famous people have died, and someone will look at me conspiratorialy and say " I wonder who will be the 3rd", but instead of giving them the reaction they hope for, I just stand there, and give them a blank, annoyed stare.So they wait a few beats, for Me to give them a reaction, which I deny them.And then, inevitably they will say " because, you know what they say.. these things always happen in threes"To which this is pretty much the only good response....picard_facepalm.jpg
OMG, I'm glad that phrase is tilting someone else. People will say " these things come in three's " and then nod their heads solemnly, like their passing on some hidden knowledge of the universe.
I think people just find it easy to group things in 3's. 1 2 3... for example, is as simple as A B C.CPR, on the other hand, is clearly a lot more difficult.
I think people just find it easy to group things in 3's. 1 2 3... for example, is as simple as A B C.CPR, on the other hand, is clearly a lot more difficult.
Solid.
Hahahahahahaha

Farrah was a knock out in her day.farrah-fawcett-Anal-Cancer.jpgBut after seeing her wacked out demeaner in later years, it tainted her beauty.So I am going to stay in the Jacqueline Smith fan club33107918.jpg

a poster from NWP posted this about MJ, and it cracked me up.... isn't it coincidental... don't you think?

Strangely, I found myself at a charity happy hour event for the Chicago Children's Advocacy Center last night...with Michael Jackson playing on the TV, and the DJ playing non-stop MJ tunes. It was almost awkward...The bathroom attendant was chatting me up about MJ and actually said "man..he sure touched a lot of people". I had to chuckle at that one, given the circumstances and event I was at.

This is the first time I've heard of this "these things come in 3's" thing. You guys are talking about it like you've heard it quite a bit.I guess I don't surround myself with stupid ass superstitious types as much as you lot.

This is the first time I've heard of this "these things come in 3's" thing. You guys are talking about it like you've heard it quite a bit.I guess I don't surround myself with stupid ass superstitious types as much as you lot.
OMG YOUR POST HAD THREE LINES
yeah, the US military has none of those I imagine.
What's your problem with it. It happened again in this case: MJ, Farrah, and my ex-coworker's dad.It always happens that way.

Often it's those who have been left behind who we tend to forget at times like these... I know we have quite a few animal lovers on this forum and after seeing this I thought I'd share it with you.'Urgent SPCA announcement: Wanted! A good home for an abandoned Monkey, very friendly, likes being wanked off with a white glove.'Please... do the right thing.

Here's what tilts me. For at least 20 hours after his death, CNN was still headlining "breaking news: MJ dead." It's not breaking news anymore, and no news of any sort has actually occurred for twenty hours now. Yet they've wasted a solid day and night bloviating about it. They do the same thing for every surprise celebrity death. It makes me sound like a cranky old woman, but back in my day, Walter Cronkite would have said, "MJ dead. We'll have more details for you as the story develops." What happened to kill that phrase? [Never mind. I know what killed it -- 24-hour news channels.]I like "potentially fatal dose ... right before his death." I'd say the potential was achieved.CNN.com did have one good headline: "Jackson dies, almost takes internet with him."

"Jackson dies, almost takes internet with him."
When I die, I want my ashes to be injected into the tubes of the internet. Then I can haunt it. Oooooooooooo! [said like a ghost]