Something Bad Is Gonna Happen To Ap

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if this was posted.Jenifear disects all HHLong read but worth it.
I didn't read through the whole thing, but here's a nice summary:
Re(2): Absolute Poker super-user reviewed and potripper's actions explained.by Jennifear on 10/14/2007 18:12 Please take the time to review the hand history.The evidence, summarized, is as follows:- Potripper's actions are inconsistent thoroughout the hand history.- He value bets correctly every time against his opponent's holdings on the river.- He never loses a dime when he is beat and can't make the other player fold.- He always raises 100% of the time when his remaining opponents have crap.- He always folds to an overpair preflop, and never raises into one.- He always limp/calls against any AK/AQ yet to act.- He never calls when behind on the river. - He never folds to overcards preflop unless the player with AK/AQ is shortstacked.- He makes crazy 3bets and 4bets with horrible hsnds that happen to be best, yet he never does this when he is beat.- Three times he bets into 4-way and 5-way flop pots without much of a hand, but only when all other players have nothing.- He makes ridiculous calls against big bluffs.- He never "guesses" wrong.
http://blog.absolutepokercheats.com/2007/1...f-outliers.htmlThis is pretty sick:"The blue dots in the graph [below] represent 5,251 players. From a multi-million hand database, I have selected only those players with over 500 hands recorded.It plots the VPIP (Percentage of Times the Player Voluntarily Put Money Into Pot) compared to the winrates.As you'll see, out of 5,000 players, around a dozen players were able to win during 500 hands with a VPIP of over 60.Out of 5,000 players, around 6 were able to win at just over 100 big bets per 100 hands. None were able to win anywhere close to the rate of the accused.The red dot in the far top-right is the accused players."vpipvbb.jpg
http://blog.absolutepokercheats.com/2007/1...f-outliers.htmlThis is pretty sick:"The blue dots in the graph [below] represent 5,251 players. From a multi-million hand database, I have selected only those players with over 500 hands recorded.It plots the VPIP (Percentage of Times the Player Voluntarily Put Money Into Pot) compared to the winrates.As you'll see, out of 5,000 players, around a dozen players were able to win during 500 hands with a VPIP of over 60.Out of 5,000 players, around 6 were able to win at just over 100 big bets per 100 hands. None were able to win anywhere close to the rate of the accused.The red dot in the far top-right is the accused players."vpipvbb.jpg
Wow, this graph is interesting for a number of reasons:1) It closes the door on any doubts. If anyone had even a .00000001% doubt in their head, this should eliminate it. Just sick.2) Win rates per 100 are very loosely correlated to VPIP. I would've expected that blob to lean left a little more than it does. I may have to re-examine my play.3) Someone should figure out who the dot on the left is, the guy who has a VPIP just over 20 and loses over 300 BB/100. Drunk? Hijacked account? Chip dumping? Or the biggest fish ever?
http://blog.absolutepokercheats.com/2007/1...f-outliers.htmlThis is pretty sick:"The blue dots in the graph [below] represent 5,251 players. From a multi-million hand database, I have selected only those players with over 500 hands recorded.It plots the VPIP (Percentage of Times the Player Voluntarily Put Money Into Pot) compared to the winrates.As you'll see, out of 5,000 players, around a dozen players were able to win during 500 hands with a VPIP of over 60.Out of 5,000 players, around 6 were able to win at just over 100 big bets per 100 hands. None were able to win anywhere close to the rate of the accused.The red dot in the far top-right is the accused players."
That graph makes me cry because I'm color blind so the blob in the middle looks all blue to me :club:(quick edit: My bad, blue dots are just all players, not just the losing players)For sure though, this is SUCH a great representation of how its impossible for this guy to be real without help.Mark
1) It closes the door on any doubts. If anyone had even a .00000001% doubt in their head, this should eliminate it. Just sick.
The only thing is, you don't hear people talk about BB/100 a lot with regard to tournaments. Obviously the graph still shows a massive anomaly, but is there someone here with some knowledge who can talk about bb/100 as it relates to tournament play, specifically the winrate that occurs within one tournament?
That graph makes me cry because I'm color blind so the blob in the middle looks all blue to me :club:
I'm not color blind, it looks blue to me too. The only colored dot is the one outlier on the right. So you're not missing anything.(If your post needed a s/w, excuse my lack of humor).
The only thing is, you don't hear people talk about BB/100 a lot with regard to tournaments. Obviously the graph still shows a massive anomaly, but is there someone here with some knowledge who can talk about bb/100 as it relates to tournament play, specifically the winrate that occurs within one tournament?
Interesting point, I forgot this was tournament cheating, not cash games. What is the BB/100 for the winner of a tournament? If this is compared to cash games, the graph is sort of irrelevant.
3) Someone should figure out who the dot on the left is, the guy who has a VPIP just over 20 and loses over 300 BB/100. Drunk? Hijacked account? Chip dumping? Or the biggest fish ever?
I don't play on AP so it can't be me...now FullTilt.......
LOL at this graph.....I mean, seriously. SOOOO condemning.Perfect snapshot of guilt.
I'm not color blind, it looks blue to me too. The only colored dot is the one outlier on the right. So you're not missing anything.(If your post needed a s/w, excuse my lack of humor).
No, I just assumed the red dots meant winning players overall, but I guess the red dot is just him/his accounts and the blue are everyone else because the X is BB/100.My bad :)Mark
Interesting point, I forgot this was tournament cheating, not cash games. What is the BB/100 for the winner of a tournament? If this is compared to cash games, the graph is sort of irrelevant.
I posted a comment on the blog post asking for more specifics about the data used to generate the graph. I'll let you all know if I get an update.

Well, this should affect their bottom line.....P5ers,The past 72 hours have been really difficult for us here at P5s as things have gotten out of hand quickly in regards to the AP super-user situation. We have never faced a situation quite like this before; one of our trusted partners has been accused of serious security vulnerabilities, and the accusations appear to have merit. In fact, when this situation first came to light, our inclination was to dismiss it as another “online poker is rigged” post. However, after careful examination of all the facts presented, it’s just not possible for us to do that anymore. Thereby, we have decided to indefinitely suspend any promotion of Absolute Poker, including site links, banners, and inclusion of future tournaments in the rankings. Please understand that this is not a conviction on our part; it's simply an acknowledgement that significant and meaningful questions have arisen about the security of their site, and until those questions can be resolved to our satisfaction, we don't feel comfortable encouraging our users to play there.We're in the process of removing links and promotional materials--most of them are down already. Please be patient while we get this all set.Looking ahead, we intend to work with Absolute Poker as closely as possible to get all the facts and decipher them from "Internet folk lore." In fact, we've been on several phone calls today with AP trying to find out what they know about this situation and how they’re dealing with it. We’ll continue to press them to try and find out more. They’ve also invited us to have full access to their office and systems, and we’re hoping to be able to use that access to find out more about what went wrong. Anything and everything we discover will be reported here on the site, and hopefully it will shed more light on the situation.In closing, I'd like to say that we all want what you want---for online poker games to be safe, fair, and trustworthy. We hope that our decision helps us all in realizing that goal.Best,--Adam

Well, this should affect their bottom line.....P5ers,The past 72 hours have been really difficult for us here at P5s as things have gotten out of hand quickly in regards to the AP super-user situation. We have never faced a situation quite like this before; one of our trusted partners has been accused of serious security vulnerabilities, and the accusations appear to have merit. In fact, when this situation first came to light, our inclination was to dismiss it as another “online poker is rigged” post. However, after careful examination of all the facts presented, it’s just not possible for us to do that anymore. Thereby, we have decided to indefinitely suspend any promotion of Absolute Poker, including site links, banners, and inclusion of future tournaments in the rankings. Please understand that this is not a conviction on our part; it's simply an acknowledgement that significant and meaningful questions have arisen about the security of their site, and until those questions can be resolved to our satisfaction, we don't feel comfortable encouraging our users to play there.We're in the process of removing links and promotional materials--most of them are down already. Please be patient while we get this all set.Looking ahead, we intend to work with Absolute Poker as closely as possible to get all the facts and decipher them from "Internet folk lore." In fact, we've been on several phone calls today with AP trying to find out what they know about this situation and how they’re dealing with it. We’ll continue to press them to try and find out more. They’ve also invited us to have full access to their office and systems, and we’re hoping to be able to use that access to find out more about what went wrong. Anything and everything we discover will be reported here on the site, and hopefully it will shed more light on the situation.In closing, I'd like to say that we all want what you want---for online poker games to be safe, fair, and trustworthy, which is kinda funny since 76% of our users multiaccount. We hope that our decision helps us all in realizing that goal.Best,--Adam
Effed His Pee. Interesting stuff.
Don't know if this has been posted here, but here it is:http://www.pocketfives.com/FB93FA8A-FCCF-4...37B61E265A.aspxPretty ****ing huge.
From the first post:I am making a new thread because this is very important info. I just found something else that I think is huge. This whole thing could run reallllly deep.Okay,so, the email of the 2nd guy connecting from the cheating IP address (ie, NOT user 363) is at the domain"rivieraltd.com" -- that is the domain registered with Domain Discreet.Idon't know why I didn't think of this earlier, but I pingedrivieraltd.com to get the IP at which it is hosted (going to thewebsite doesn't show anything except the email login). The IP addressis 66.212.244.147.I then ran a traceroute on 66.212.244.147 tosee where it is hosted. That IP address traces back to"po12.dr4.kdca.mohawk.ca" ... which is obviously connected to Kahnawake.Simple explanation for those who don't understand:The guy who was on the same IP as the user 363 had his email set to an email that is hosted by Kahnawake Gaming Commission.-----EDIT, IMPORTANT INFO:JACKBILEDUCT DISCOVERS LATER IN THIS THREAD THAT THIS IS ACTUALLY AN AP EMAIL, NOT A KAHNAWAKE EMAIL.Mark

That hand history that was sent out had to be on purpose. Someone wanted these guys to get caught. Thank god for that..who knows how long we've been in the dark!

I've sort of lost track of this scandal, I seemed to have missed a piece.Originally, there were some guys cheating in cash games, right? That was in the original thread.Now this latest one seems to have been kicked off by an email with a HH for a tournament? (I think that's the part I missed). And there are all sorts of IP addresses and email accounts, and somehow people are getting access to AP's internet log histories? It almost seems like a lot of this information could only come from insiders at Absolute? How many different people are involved in this latest one.... it doesn't seem very clear to me. How are people finding out so much unless they are leaking it from inside AP? Why are they sending out hand histories for the world to discover?