Prtypsux's Wpt Ft Is On Tonight!

that is true, I am still playing but my college days are over.
Yeah, I now play with over 30 men and women who most have never played. Makes me look like a superstar (age 5 thru senior year in HS, then indoor leagues through 6 yrs of college)!
  • Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I now play with over 30 men and women who most have never played. Makes me look like a superstar (age 5 thru senior year in HS, then indoor leagues through 6 yrs of college)!
Yea i started playing when i was 4 club when i was 8. Then college, quit after 2 years cause I wanted to party. Playing in a open mens league that is fun, cause u have a few 50 year old guys out there that are fun to mess with.
Yea i started playing when i was 4 club when i was 8. Then college, quit after 2 years cause I wanted to party. Playing in a open mens league that is fun, cause u have a few 50 year old guys out there that are fun to mess with.
played from 4 till senior year of high school. Coach and I got in a big arguement, and I quit. I regret that decision to this day. I had started since my sophmore here (only 3 soph's on varsity). Didn't play again until 10 years later...

too lazy to go through the comments, but pokerbay has the torrent up i believe.http://tracker.thepokerbay.org/details.php?id=1784EDIT: wow, just watched it and i am so impressed with JC tran's 3 barrel bluff. i don't think he could have made that move if ANY other card, but an ace came on the river.i always have a lot of respect for people who play with instincts (smartly). he felt that pham had some sort of pair and that the ace did not help pham. when the 2nd ace dropped, even if pham had the jack, it would have been a tough tournament life call. (tran was the preflop raiser, at least a little likely to have an ace).

mom....looks..... goood
I apologize if this was offensive to you JC.I did not see gmanshades comment before hitting send; re-reading the thread, I feel a bit gross.It was a kneee jerk re-action.I'm old and married and she is pretty. that is all.******************I played Goalie spring and fall for 8 yrs.A dislocated shoulder slowed me down.*********************

Hey JC, you're the man. I thought it was great. I loved how you didn't fire again at David when he made trip 7's. Great instincts bro. yeeeeeeeeeer my herrrrrrrro

yea I didn't like the food...or the fact that the beer is warm there, and ice is seemingly non existant.
So why do u wanna live there again?

Caption as you'd like:wpc.jpgFrom left to right, bottom to top: Tmay, Hoosier, Evan, looshle, JC's mom, Mike, some old guy that wasn't with us, Tmay's brother, two guys that I forget their names, me (not pictured)

Lol...damn, now I'm really insecure about my ability as a poker player. I mean, when Nam, Jc, Wasika, Sebok and a bunch of other feared circuit pro's said I was sick I thought I was probably pretty good...but now that tpir and dima2000 say I suck, I don't know anymore, I guess I do suck.
lmao.nh. :club:

Sick FT!!, wp JC amazing to watch..

EDIT: wow, just watched it and i am so impressed with JC tran's 3 barrel bluff. i don't think he could have made that move if ANY other card, but an ace came on the river.
Actually an ace is pretty much the worst card to bluff, if your opponent didnt believe you had an ace on the turn he definatly doesn't believe u on the river, thing is calling all in in an online tourney is one thing, I dont think too many people can do that at a wpt ft with a pair of nines for fear of looking stupid to say the least. JC rightly knew there was a highh chance David could fold his pair.Sick hand tho, props to JC for being able to pull it off..
Sick FT!!, wp JC amazing to watch..Actually an ace is pretty much the worst card to bluff, if your opponent didnt believe you had an ace on the turn he definatly doesn't believe u on the river, thing is calling all in in an online tourney is one thing, I dont think too many people can do that at a wpt ft with a pair of nines for fear of looking stupid to say the least. JC rightly knew there was a highh chance David could fold his pair.Sick hand tho, props to JC for being able to pull it off..
Tran played that hand weird I thought.., he did get the Dragon to fold which seemed to be hard as it looked like he made some sick calls and plays.
Sick FT!!, wp JC amazing to watch..Actually an ace is pretty much the worst card to bluff, if your opponent didnt believe you had an ace on the turn he definatly doesn't believe u on the river, thing is calling all in in an online tourney is one thing, I dont think too many people can do that at a wpt ft with a pair of nines for fear of looking stupid to say the least. JC rightly knew there was a highh chance David could fold his pair.Sick hand tho, props to JC for being able to pull it off..
you're seeing it from david's perspective. i'm talking about from jc's. jc knew that the ace didn't help david. he knew this because david almost surely would have reraised all in if the ace helped his hand and not merely call. (no point slow playing at that point with that many chips in the pot relative to their stack size and that ace couldn't really have made any monster hands, at most 2p, which means push).so the ace is the ONLY card jc knew wouldn't help david if it hit again on the river. for example, if the board paired in any other way, that might have given david trips, or if any other card came other than the ace, that might have given david 2 pair. the ace is the only card out of all the cards that jc felt fairly confident that david did not have, so when it came again he pushed because of what you stated earlier. it would be a very very tough call to make.

I am loving the 2+2 thread.

lol I was not outplayed pretty badly, not even close....you're just probably a bad results oriented player, thats it. I actually thought I got outplayed pretty badly before I saw their cards. Truth is I saw a ton of flops in position, floated a ton of flops with small draws planning on taking the pot away if I sensed weakness at any point, and they kept boating up on the turn. It's not hard to get "outplayed pretty badly" when your best flop was an oesd and the other guy hits 2 pr+ flushdraw. I sucked out once with a bad play, won a coinflip, and then sucked out once when I was already heads up in a hand that I don't think I could have played differently other than raising preflop and having him fold, considering it was the first HU hand I think I'm justified limping a few to try and feel things out at first. Any other hand that I might have played terrible that you would like for me to discuss?
Tran played that hand weird I thought.., he did get the Dragon to fold which seemed to be hard as it looked like he made some sick calls and plays.
The sick part is that getting David to fold on the river is almost impossible, if there is one leak/strength to David's game (I havent figured out if it is a leak or a strength) is that he pays off almost everyone on the river (he did it like 3 times on the show when it was not very likely he was ahead). With that much money in the pot, Jc better be DAMN sure what Pham's intentions were on the turn. I think after watching it, it was clear to me that pham wanted to commit most of his stack on the turn kind of as a river call...this means, he probably thought that if he did have Jc beat he'd just give up on the river thinking that David doesn't fold rivers and most of his chips are already in the pot, if he didn't have Jc beat then he wouldnt get him to fold the turn anyway so shoving is pointless and if Jc fired the river he could just fold and leave himself with 10bb's and a shot at getting HU. Tran picked up on David's intentions of folding to a 3rd barrel and fired it giving him huge odds to call, it was sick, and the hard part is that not many people can analyze this sort of stuff that fast as a hand is being played out.
The sick part is that getting David to fold on the river is almost impossible, if there is one leak/strength to David's game (I havent figured out if it is a leak or a strength) is that he pays off almost everyone on the river (he did it like 3 times on the show when it was not very likely he was ahead). With that much money in the pot, Jc better be DAMN sure what Pham's intentions were on the turn. I think after watching it, it was clear to me that pham wanted to commit most of his stack on the turn kind of as a river call...this means, he probably thought that if he did have Jc beat he'd just give up on the river thinking that David doesn't fold rivers and most of his chips are already in the pot, if he didn't have Jc beat then he wouldnt get him to fold the turn anyway so shoving is pointless and if Jc fired the river he could just fold and leave himself with 10bb's and a shot at getting HU. Tran picked up on David's intentions of folding to a 3rd barrel and fired it giving him huge odds to call, it was sick, and the hard part is that not many people can analyze this sort of stuff that fast as a hand is being played out.
yah, amazing how he could analyze this quickly while in the spot light and be able to trust his quick analysis and go with it even though it was such a big risk if his analysis was wrong.

So I just downloaded and watched it, and it's friggin awesome. I don't really have anything else to add...I thought you played well, and it was pretty gross that every time you tried to buy a pot or whatever your opponent had like top full house. The only spot that really stood out to me was that I wish you had checked behind on the turn with your 86 oesd, but that's probably being fairly results-oriented. Can't wait til the next one!

eeeew...stuttgart is sick, I love germany...if I could learn the language I'd live there for sure.
Schlaufst du mit mir? (will you sleep with me). Ich habe einen resigen Schawanz (i have an enormous 'johnson'). That's all you need - soccer or not.Nutz
lol unfortunately I wasn't saying ball that much at the time, maybe I was but I didn't in the episode. I also didn't say "bacon cheesburgers" at all at the end of betting amounts. I promise I will do it all next time.Things to keep in mind for all of those that will watch:1- I was drunk2- I was nervous3- I NEVER had a hand preflop except the 3rd hand I had JJ, and hardly ever connected w/ the flop4- My friend Tom will be doing a lot of finger counts with his hand high in the air from the stands, ie. he counts from 1-4 then back down to 1. He did this for no reason at all so don't mistake it for signaling.5- It went from 6 handed to 3 handed in nearly 20 minutes. Then we played a couple hours 3 handed. 6- Hoosier will infact give Tran a passionate hug. Hope it airs.7- Remind me to discuss the KQ hand once you guys see it...it was probably the most interesting hand I played at the FT.8- David Pham owned me to the point where I got paranoid and thought I might be exposing my cards too much. That most likely wasn't the case but thats one of the thoughts that came to my head at the time, because of the absolute spanking I was getting...every move I tried he just shipped it on me, and since I never had a hand I kept mucking.9- Fluffdog's famous phrase "ship the boomsauce :club::D:D:):D:):D " might become a household celebratory yell, except the icons will be acted out by looshle. This will only happen if the cameras catch the crowds response to all of my suckouts.Enjoy the show.
I had to comment. I was on the road last week when this aired. I had been looking forward to it something serious. So, I timed my stop for the night to coincide with the start time. I got held up in traffic, but when I walked into the hotel lobby, the show was on the TV. I registered quickly and rushed up to my room. I flipped through the channels trying to find the show, but no luck. So I went to the guide channel, found the channel number and entered it manually... black screen. I head down to the lobby and ask the guy... "I saw you were watching the WPT a minute ago, why can't I get that channel in my room?" He proceeds to tell me that is the master account and the rooms don't get all the stations. I started to ask for a refund. So, Saturday... I catch the re-run but I have to leave around 1:00. The last hand I saw was when you shoved with like 87 and sucked out. I couldn't believe the push, and it looked like you couldn't believe you were called. Then when you caught the suckout, I figured you'd go crazy, but it looked almost like you were sorry you caught it.I've GOT to see the rest, I'll have to see when they show a re-run again. Or if anybody has a link, I'll hang out and watch it later.