I really enjoy michael moores movies and this one is definately no different.It really opens your eyes as to how backwards certain things are. If i was an american watching this movie i would be sick to my stomache, in fact i am canadian and i felt sick to my stomache for you.In this one he deals with the health care system and how rediculous it is in america.Really is a must see!!I want to move to france that is just sick!Anyways it hasnt come out in the States yet, but it is in canada. If you really want to see it PM me and maybe we can work somthing out as i got a really good copy on here!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really enjoy michael moores movies and this one is definately no different.It really opens your eyes as to how backwards certain things are. If i was an american watching this movie i would be sick to my stomache, in fact i am canadian and i felt sick to my stomache for you.In this one he deals with the health care system and how rediculous it is in america.Really is a must see!!I want to move to france that is just sick!Anyways it hasnt come out in the States yet, but it is in canada. If you really want to see it PM me and maybe we can work somthing out as i got a really good copy on here!
Wait, let me get this straight. You're a canadian, making fun of/agreeing that the health care system in the states is screwed up?Now that is hilarious. If you blindly believe what MM says in his documentary propaganda, I feel sorry for you. I'm in the healthcare industry, and have only heard excerpts of this, and I can't begin to tell you how off base he is. Much like the propaganda he calls his other work, he cherry picks different facts and takes things out of context, just to try and prove a point.Would you care to discuss any of the points that he makes? On a related note, what did you think of "Bowling for Columbine" and "Fahrenheit 9/11"?FWIW, you shouldn't really be dissing the healthcare system of the US being in canada and all. Just sayin'
Wait, let me get this straight. You're a canadian, making fun of/agreeing that the health care system in the states is screwed up?Now that is hilarious. If you blindly believe what MM says in his documentary propaganda, I feel sorry for you. I'm in the healthcare industry, and have only heard excerpts of this, and I can't begin to tell you how off base he is. Much like the propaganda he calls his other work, he cherry picks different facts and takes things out of context, just to try and prove a point.Would you care to discuss any of the points that he makes? On a related note, what did you think of "Bowling for Columbine" and "Fahrenheit 9/11"?FWIW, you shouldn't really be dissing the healthcare system of the US being in canada and all. Just sayin'
Where did anyone "make fun of" anything? Patriotism is all fine and dandy but you are overly sensitive when it comes to the USA. No country is perfect and that includes the USA. I suggest you pop a couple of Midol and check out the film before you labal it propoganda.And I'd love to hear your thoughts on why the Canadian health care system is so bad.

I liked Bowling For Columbine... until he went to Charlton Heston's house at the end which made me hate him.Farenheit 9/11 made me hate him more.Now it seems like his goal is to make an a_ss of himself to prove a point. I'll probably give in and see this movie, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be really angry after watching it.

The guy has destroyed his reputation as an objective film maker.Sicko could be spot on accurate with no propaganda or POV mixed in, but Moore himself has tainted it with his previous "documentaries". You reap what you sow, Mr Moore.

true, canada's healthcare system is so horrible, screwed-up, expensive and exclusionary that canadian citizens should not be able to discuss the system of other countries.lollerskates.moore makes a lot of terrible arguments, and often makes contentious points using cherry-picked statistics. many of his strongest points in previous movies are nearly meaningless considering how superficially he discusses them. but he also points out important issues and addresses points and areas that are often ignored. don't ignore him just because he's easy to argue against and disagrees with you.

I have had mostly Republican views for most of my life. I actually liked most of Bowling for Columbine. While it was obviously biased towards his anti-gun viewpoint, he presented his views in a fairly logical and witty manner. Like a previous poster said, I thought he was out of line going to Heston's house, that just made him seem Petty and childish.I had to watch Fahrenheit 9/11 for a paper I did for my English class last year. If it was treated for what it was, a blatant anti-Bush propaganda film then I would be fine with it. The fact that it was touted as a documentary was appalling. A documentary is supposed to have a somewhat objective filmmaker. I actually timed it out and Michael Moore was talking for something like 35% of Fahrenheit 9/11. He had over 10 members of Congress do interviews for him, one of them was a Republican, and as he spoke (for 12 seconds) Moore put text on the screen mocking what he was saying.If you support his viewpoints, you can watch his movies and probably feel more reason behind your cause. However, if you think that he can provide objective information about American society, you are dead wrong.

Where did anyone "make fun of" anything? Patriotism is all fine and dandy but you are overly sensitive when it comes to the USA. No country is perfect and that includes the USA. I suggest you pop a couple of Midol and check out the film before you labal it propoganda. And I'd love to hear your thoughts on why the Canadian health care system is so bad.
The tone of the OP seems to criticize the healthcare system of the US, and even goes as far as calling it ridiculous. This is what I was referring to as 'making fun', and I stand by that. You are right in saying that I'm patriotic, but your reasoning is incorrect. No country is perfect, especially when talking about healthcare. The fact that the OP lives under a system of socialized medicine and says he feels sick to his stomach speaks volumes that (s)he doesn't really know much about either system. I'll post later about what I think of the Canadian system, but I need to confirm some references.
That's a ridiculous notion.
Canadians making fun of the healthcare system of the US while ignoring or not being educated about their own is ridiculous. Forgive me for not being more concise.
true, canada's healthcare system is so horrible, screwed-up, expensive and exclusionary that canadian citizens should not be able to discuss the system of other countries.lollerskates.moore makes a lot of terrible arguments, and often makes contentious points using cherry-picked statistics. many of his strongest points in previous movies are nearly meaningless considering how superficially he discusses them. but he also points out important issues and addresses points and areas that are often ignored. don't ignore him just because he's easy to argue against and disagrees with you.
I didn't say that canadians shouldn't be allowed to discuss this, but I certainly feel that they should have a firm grasp of their own system before criticizing ours. I completely agree with your last paragraph, except for the fact that 'he points out important issues and addresses points and areas that are often ignored'. I disagree that he brings up points that are often ignored. I ignore him for the reasons you gave, he cherry picks facts, takes things out of context, and is totally biased and one sided.

The only good thing Michael Moore has ever done is direct the video for Rage Against the Machine's "Sleep Now in the Fire". Even so, actually seeing his morbidly obese form in the video makes it less cool.

To be fair C-Dub, he did a great service to me and University of Michigan fans everywhere by wearing his Michigan State hat everywhere making them look worse than they already do.

General Poker Forum is really the only section of FCP I post in so hey...I just downloaded a DVD quality copy of 'Sicko'...Michael Moore's new movie outlining how jacked up the U.S. Health Care system is. (haven't watched it yet but I opened the file when it was done...crystal clear copy with perfect audio)Anyway, point is that I guess it's not out in theaters until June 29th but there are copies on the net already. All of the sudden it hit me.....I think Michael Moore knew full well that it would get leaked (ahead of its theatrical release date) and was probably behind getting it leaked in the first place. This guy is brilliant....he sure knows how to fire up a buzz on his movies. always inspiring controversy and forcing us all to discuss hard issues. what a great PR move if he actually said...'get it on the net two weeks before it comes out in theaters' LOL I honestly don't think he gives a flying f**k about profit. This guy is an activist in every sense of the word. Its a miracle the Bush administration hasn't dispatched a fleet of black Ford Explorers to his house in the middle of the night to wipe him out.As far as I am concerned Michael Moore is a true patriot. He has been accused of a lot of things, but the bottom line is the guy is all about free speech and exposing flaws in our society...he may have a 'spin' behind his views that could be considered leftist....but at the very least he steps up to the mic.This is a video of him essentially endorsing online piracyhttp://www.breitbart.tv/?p=1762

General Poker Forum is really only section I post in so hey...I just downloaded a DVD quality copy of 'Sicko'...Michael Moore's new movie outlining how jacked up the U.S. Health Care system is. (haven't watched it yet but I opened the file when it was done...crystal clear copy with perfect audio)Anyway, point is that I guess it's not out in theaters until June 29th but there are copies on the net already. All of the sudden it hit me.....I think Michael Moore knew full well that it would get leaked (ahead of its theatrical release date) and was probably behind getting it leaked in the first place. As far as I am concerned Michael Moore is a true patriot. He has been accused of a lot of things but the bottom line is the guy is all about free speech and exposing flaws in our society...he may have a 'spin' behind his views that could be considered leftist....but at the very least he steps up to the mic.This is a video of him essentially endorsing online piracyhttp://www.breitbart.tv/?p=1762
lmao.ya think???
That fat f*ck is all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$. Follow the money...he makes a ton off of his so called "films".
He has enough money. I think it is about him haveing a soap box to stand on and say his views.

just watch the video dorks. http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=1762 The theme of this thread is directed at the fact that I think its a good possibility that he leaked a copy to get on the net 2 weeks before the theatrical release to pump up the buzz on this movie even more before mister and mrs nuclear fat f**k in wichita kansas goes to the theater to see it.This is a great PR move any way you slice it.

I'm set on seeing this since I work with health insurance. I wouldn't be surprised if what most of the movie covered is true. Our health insurance situation is truly disgusting.

Michael Moore is a liar.
elaborate ? Please explain how he is a 'liar'. I'd be interested to discuss this if you have any facts to back up your thoughtful one word response with some measure of evidence/quotes/contradictions/documented perjury etc. Just flinging out 'he is a liar' doesn't hold much water unless you back it up with some substance...links....anything.and again the reason I posted this wasn't to put Michael Moore's politics/motivation on center stage. I just thought that its great that his movie is on the net 2 weeks before the theatrical release. Very very saavy ploy IMO and I don't think its money motivated.