Full Tilt Poker Game #3176649056: $1K Monday (22774535), Table 22 - 250/500 Ante 50 - No Limit Hold'em - 0:04:42 ET - 2007/08/07Seat 1: ducka (6,721)Seat 2: hafizzle (13,634)Seat 3: pbdrunks (40,050)Seat 5: jclark9001 (13,370)Seat 6: Frowns1022 (10,544)Seat 7: looshle (10,650)Seat 8: Sasha Rosewood (22,621)Seat 9: HitUR2outer (15,341)ducka antes 50hafizzle antes 50pbdrunks antes 50jclark9001 antes 50Frowns1022 antes 50looshle antes 50Sasha Rosewood antes 50HitUR2outer antes 50ducka posts the small blind of 250hafizzle posts the big blind of 500The button is in seat #9*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to looshle [Jh Jd]tpbdrunks raises to 1,400jclark9001 foldsFrowns1022 foldslooshle has 15 seconds left to actjclark9001 has been disconnectedlooshle has requested TIMEWhat does everyone do here?

I would first need some kind of information on the playing who raised. Has he been raising UTG? Has he been fairly LAG preflop? Have you looked on OPR to see if he satellited into the tourney? Based on that information if he had been raising often especially UTG, I would come with a re-raise (especially since your M is down to around 10). If he has been a rock, I would probably call and take a flop before committing my chips. I also like the call because it often stimulates someone behind you to make a squeeze play. If there are a few LAG's behind who you know are capable of a squeeze with a variety of hands I would be more inclined to limp and push a re-raise as long as UTG folds to it.

PBdrunks is a fairly well known player and is pretty lag from what I can tell from his play. I don't play online enough to know all the big named players. He has been raising mroe than his fair share but this is the first time hes come from utg

I would definitely make my decision based on a read of the villain. Is he using his big stack to raise very frequently? I don't like the idea of a call, as the villain will take a shot at most flops and what if an overcard comes? If he has been aggressive I push, if he has been very very tight I may fold.

it really depends for me on how wide you estimate his calling range of a re-raise to be...if you think he's going to call a lot of times, then i would prefer just calling and taking a flop rather than playing a big pot here...if you think he's going to be willing to fold oftentimes, then i would pop it to about 4200, that way if one of the big stacks behind you finds a hand then you have the option of possibly folding

Yeh, I prolly flat call, then vomit on my keyboard when someone from LP instashoves.You're probably a coinflip to overs, at best. I'm hoping to see a flop. If it's all unders, I have no problem getting it in.

Are all the converters broken? This is getting out of hand.
Anyone who has lifetime earnigs of over 500k can chose to not use the damned converters if they so choose. OK? But back to the point...Yikes Loosh.Sucks to call off 15% of the stack to a solid player for nothing more than set value. If you call, you're approaching the death stack, and if you shove, he's got more than enough to warrant the call with a wade range of hands. Personally, I'm a passive donk so I'd probably call and based on flop texture make a further decision there.The problem is, if the flop comes 9 high rainbow and he leads out with a pot sized bet there isn't a hand you can take him off of. This is gross. You're right, I'm going to go puke now.
Anyone who has lifetime earnigs of over 500k can chose to not use the damned converters if they so choose. OK?
I don't remember reading that in the Forum Rules....Wow this spot is really tough. I might smooth-call and re-evaluate on the flop, but that invites others to come into the pot. In that case you're only REALLY happy if you flop a set. I think re-raising is the best play, but to what? And what if he over-shoves? The answers to those questions, well, I do not have. However, I really think re-raising is the best play here. Specifics of what to do in this hand I need more time to think about.
Full Tilt Poker Game #3176649056: $1K Monday (22774535), Table 22 - 250/500 Ante 50 - No Limit Hold'em - 0:04:42 ET - 2007/08/07Seat 1: ducka (6,721)Seat 2: hafizzle (13,634)Seat 3: pbdrunks (40,050)Seat 5: jclark9001 (13,370)Seat 6: Frowns1022 (10,544)Seat 7: looshle (10,650)Seat 8: Sasha Rosewood (22,621)Seat 9: HitUR2outer (15,341)ducka antes 50hafizzle antes 50pbdrunks antes 50jclark9001 antes 50Frowns1022 antes 50looshle antes 50Sasha Rosewood antes 50HitUR2outer antes 50ducka posts the small blind of 250hafizzle posts the big blind of 500The button is in seat #9*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to looshle [Jh Jd]tpbdrunks raises to 1,400jclark9001 foldsFrowns1022 foldslooshle has 15 seconds left to actjclark9001 has been disconnectedlooshle has requested TIMEWhat does everyone do here?
I hate this situation, for the past weeks I have found myself in the almost exact spot. Twice I've shoved with 10/10 and twice the player has had QQ and AA. It would take a very nitty person to fold here. The conservative side says to just call and take a flop, the aggressive side says, "Screw it, I'm all in!" I'm leaning towards the just calling side and taking a flop. If it's not a good flop and you fold, you still have an ok stack in which to shove with the next time you grab a good hand.

I just call with position - a raise puts over 40% of our stack preflop and I don't like shoving since we're only getting called if we're crushed or by AK at best. Folding seems too weak on the button. The fact that PBDrunks is the opponent here would tend to increase his hand range in my mind as he played fairly LAG in the tourneys that I've seen him in.And as an aside, I think that giving some leeway on using the converter for some of the big MTT players on FCP would be beneficial to this board. I, for one, would like to see more big hands from some of the big tourneys on this board.

I just call with position - a raise puts over 40% of our stack preflop and I don't like shoving since we're only getting called if we're crushed or by AK at best. Folding seems too weak on the button. The fact that PBDrunks is the opponent here would tend to increase his hand range in my mind as he played fairly LAG in the tourneys that I've seen him in.And as an aside, I think that giving some leeway on using the converter for some of the big MTT players on FCP would be beneficial to this board. I, for one, would like to see more big hands from some of the big tourneys on this board.
Seconded.

I shove, I guess I'm missing something but I think it's a standard shove.There's $2600 in the pot right now, it's substantial. That accounts for 22%ish of our stack, we have JJ. I'm assuming our shove gets called by 1010+ and AK, not a great range to be called by but it's bigger than his opening range and pb is pretty loose and very solid.More importantly we are never folding the flop if it brings unders and he is never not c-betting this flop at us OOP and showing strength with the UTG raise. So we aren't winning more hands by calling and we are surely going to lose some we wouldn't if we are folding when an A hits or something.I wouldn't hate just calling with JJ if we were guaranteed to be the only caller and to try and induce a committing c-bet from pbdrunks, basically slowplaying JJ which is kinda weird, but I'd only call if we knew it would be heads up and we never folded to his bet on the flop.Since we are inviting calls by lesser hands if we call I don't like the call option as we are making our JJ much more like 22.

• 1 month later...

No read on the big stack at this point? Has he been a bully with the big stack? Does the size of the raise tell you anything? With an M of 10 can you afford to fold a hand as strong as JJ? My inclination with no reads is to push. Its a pretty steep payout structure so accumulating some chips should be more important than trying to nurse your way up a few spots. Lots of replies to this one..interesting to see what everyone else says.