Girlfriend Mad At Me

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, What did she get for you?
I vote that this is a joke thread, so I'm going to focus on this post. Girls somehow got this idea that every holiday is for them. They deserve diamonds, flowers, chocolate, expensive dinners, and anything else expensive that they can get you to buy them, and then you get no more than $50 worth of present. The boyfriend of a friend of mine bought her a nice iPod for Christmas (I forget which one, but whatever the $300 top of the line iPod was at the time), and she got him a card. He took the iPod back and kept it for himself...she got pissed, but it was the funniest thing ever.

one of the reasons the fight erupted so big is because i called her a hypocrite. she is always saying i am thinking of "I-I-I" instead of "we," and I told her that i thought "we" to buy the pro player drink because i figured one of us would drink it--hopefully her, but if not then me. I told her she was making it about "I", herself, but she didn't want to listen to that. she made dinner for our anniversary, got wine, and gave me a picture of the two of us on the beach in santo domingo for my desk at the office and two tickets (pretty good seats, actually) for me and a friend to a yankees game in late september. when i saw all of this i was thinking about giving her something in addition to the case--i was going to tell her the other gift was on the way and shipping was delayed--but once i gave her the drink all hell broke loose.

granted it wasnt the greatest gift. she overreacted. So my advice is find another chick. what 's gonna happen when you ACTUALLY do something wrong, for her to yell and scream and be pissed about it sounds a little psycho to me. Girls like that suck in bed anyways its all me me me and no you you you. And to every1 bad mouthing the guy he really did have good intentions she should realize that and chillout its not like he banged some next girl or something, she should be happy with his love sounds cliche but its true.

Should have just gotten her a bowling ball with your name enscribed on it.
I always thought Wilma overreacted to that one.
That was a Simpsons episode
Then Wilma REALLY overreacted.
SpiderGuard for the save.Best laugh all day.EDIT: I take it back; I just read something funnier. Better luck next time.
one of the reasons the fight erupted so big is because i called her a hypocrite. she is always saying i am thinking of "I-I-I" instead of "we," and I told her that i thought "we" to buy the pro player drink because i figured one of us would drink it--hopefully her, but if not then me. I told her she was making it about "I", herself, but she didn't want to listen to that. she made dinner for our anniversary, got wine, and gave me a picture of the two of us on the beach in santo domingo for my desk at the office and two tickets (pretty good seats, actually) for me and a friend to a yankees game in late september. when i saw all of this i was thinking about giving her something in addition to the case--i was going to tell her the other gift was on the way and shipping was delayed--but once i gave her the drink all hell broke loose.
take her to the yankee game instead of your friend. or atleast offer

Best case scenario: She drinks the drink and goes on to play like Phil and wins numerous WSOP bracelets and becomes rich beyond her wildest dreams.Worse case scenario: She starts to act like Phil and begins complaining about stupid sh-t that's beyond her control......oh wait......

She did set you up with a pretty sweet gift. If you two co-mingle your finances then all occasions that require a gift should have a money cap. Then you make sure you spend at least 1.5 times that cap on her. She showed you this was important to her by spending time cooking, spending time framing the picture, spending time on finding a gift that you would like. You should apologize. Let her know that you know WHY you were wrong and that you're an idiot and have no idea how you got her in the first place. Then you'll get the anniversary head that you were going to get before you screwed up.orLet it go and see what happens.
Best case scenario: She drinks the drink and goes on to play like Phil and wins numerous WSOP bracelets and becomes rich beyond her wildest dreams.Worse case scenario: She starts to act like Phil and begins complaining about stupid sh-t that's beyond her control......oh wait......
wp
one of the reasons the fight erupted so big is because i called her a hypocrite. she is always saying i am thinking of "I-I-I" instead of "we," and I told her that i thought "we" to buy the pro player drink because i figured one of us would drink it--hopefully her, but if not then me.
See, this is the problem here. It's not necessarily the expense that a girl cares about (I'm speaking from my perspective here, but I think it's common), but whether you put any thought into what she would like. I'm just guessing, but from her reaction, I'm doubting a case of energy drink fits the bill. I'm sure, being together two years, you could have thought of something better. It's not really a good gift if its merits are based on the fact that you can use it if she doesn't like it. But w/e, you did go to some trouble to get it, so that should be a point in your favor. It's not like you just stopped at Walgreen's on the way to see her (you didn't, did you?)calling your lady a hypocrite on the anniversary of your life together is really -ev.

talk to socapoo. He'd like a woman who can appreciate Hellmuth's greatness.

I cannot believe that this many dudes are siding with a chick who got this mad over being given a gift that she feels is beneath her. WTF? Seriously. Dude, drop her and move on. If this is what she is doing before she gets a ring on her finger, what will she be doing after. You might as well just sign over your checking account now cause it's not going to get any better. If she actually gave a shit about you she wouldn't care about the gift. Women want assholes in bed and ****in metrosexuals when its their anniversary. Give me a break.

my girlfriend works out a lot
Maybe she has a problem with all those empty sugar calories: a lot of health-conscious people think 180-240 calories in one sitting equals "small meal". If they had a sugar-free version like Monster Lo-Carb I'd try it-- but as far as I'm concerned, a drink with 240 calories needs to be rocking some serious protein... LOL
one of the reasons i thought of it is b/c she likes phil hellmuth, and when i get pissed off playing on stars she has laughed and said i reacted like him
Perhaps a case of these would have been a more thougthful gift: 68233.jpg