Girlfriend Mad At Me

it's not like that at all. my thinking is i like poker and i'm a hellmuth fan; she has enjoyed poker at times, watches me play a lot, gives me encouragement. when stars banned my chat for 6 months i thought about quitting, but she gave me support to continue. i thought we could share poker rather than it being a problem between us.
  • Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have told her she was lucky it wasn't Slimfast, and that her fat a$$ needs to get to the gym. Or gave her a cheapshot in the side of the head. She'd learn not to judge on my gifts anymore. Got to go, my lawyers coming over with the divorce papers, apperantly da b!tch don't like to be threatened. IDK

one of the reasons the fight erupted so big is because i called her a hypocrite. she is always saying i am thinking of "I-I-I" instead of "we," and I told her that i thought "we" to buy the pro player drink because i figured one of us would drink it--hopefully her, but if not then me. I told her she was making it about "I", herself, but she didn't want to listen to that. she made dinner for our anniversary, got wine, and gave me a picture of the two of us on the beach in santo domingo for my desk at the office and two tickets (pretty good seats, actually) for me and a friend to a yankees game in late september. when i saw all of this i was thinking about giving her something in addition to the case--i was going to tell her the other gift was on the way and shipping was delayed--but once i gave her the drink all hell broke loose.
Idiot
For a two year anniversary? Man. That's worse than getting her a vacuum cleaner.
I gave my wife a super nice vacuum cleaner for her bday one year, and it still ranks as one of her favorite gifts ever.I'm not sure what that says about my gift giving or her taste????Mark

OP, you made a mistake. She put a lot of thought into that gift and was selfless in her actions. I almost guarantee that if you gave her even a good gift, not a great one, that she was most certainly planning on pleasuring you in all sorts of ways later that night.The reason she was upset was not only that the gift was not good (it definitely was not), but that you didn't put any real thought into it. Yes, you're reasoning is LOGICAL. She is a woman, women are not logical thinkers (not an insult, just a fact. Men are much more logical, women are just plain smarter most of the time.), so your reasoning is crap to her.She wanted a gift that showed that you care about the time you two have been together and that you care about HER. Not that you care about the hobby that you have that she has tried to enjoy (most likely she doesn't, she's just being a good girlfriend and trying to show an interest in something you love), and now you want to share YOUR hobby with her even more, but that you care about her and her hobbies.She said that you only think about yourself because at least in this instance, you did. The reasoning that you got it so you two could enjoy the game together was selfish. Most likely, she doesn't really care about poker. She isn't really interested in it, but she knows that you are so she does what she can. I'm sure she has other interests and hobbies.She was mad because you didn't put any thought into HER. You got her a gift that would make it easier for HER to adapt to your hobby. She doesn't want that, she wants something that says to her "I appreciate that you put up with me and think about me probably more than I think about you, and I love you." The other guys in this thread are saying that she should be happy with what you got her, and at least you didn't cheat on her, and all that ****. Not true. In a way, they're right, but they're right because what they're saying is that they don't want you to sell your soul to this girl and become just another whipped ***** of a boyfriend. If you give her an inch or two now, it will only snowball and pretty soon she has control of your whole life. This is true, believe me.It isn't too hard to get her a great gift that she cares about and will definitely make her day, but at the same time not metaphorically bend you over and tie you to the ****ing bed where you are her slave. You can be thoughtful and caring and amazing and still strong and in control.Having said that, don't try to trick her now by saying the real gift is on the way or that it was a joke, she's gonna see right through that no question. Don't make it worse. Suck it up and tell her why you did it. If you do understand truly why she got pissed (I already told you the reason), then tell her that. She'll at least appreciate that. Then, tell her you want to really show her how much you care and take her out to her favorite restaurant or watch her favorite movie or take her to a social event like a museum or gallery or whatever it is she's interested in. If she likes art, go to a gallery. If she's into flowers or something, go to a Botanical Gardens if you have one or something similar. You get what I'm saying. You can do this and not be signing your manhood over to her. Don't plead or beg or start trying to endlessly compliment her and turn into a *****, but at least show her you care (if you do). If you don't really care deep inside, then you shouldn't be with her in the first place and you might as well get her the dildo and tell her to **** herself, and then leave.If you care, this should be easy.

I gave my wife a super nice vacuum cleaner for her bday one year, and it still ranks as one of her favorite gifts ever.I'm not sure what that says about my gift giving or her taste????Mark
hold on to her, she's cool as hell. She accepted the gift because she knew that maybe she needed a new vacuum so it was thoughtful. She didn't get insecure and interpret it as you saying you want her to clean more. Cool woman, if you guys ever have problems PM me!
hold on to her, she's cool as hell. She accepted the gift because she knew that maybe she needed a new vacuum so it was thoughtful. She didn't get insecure and interpret it as you saying you want her to clean more. Cool woman, if you guys ever have problems PM me!
TB17 has dibs on her first, but I'll keep you in mind. Yeah she's not bad. She let me quit my job and sell our house to become a professional poker player when I had never really played poker before. So you know, I'll probably hold on to her :)Mark

Short of having Ashton Kutcher hop out from behind your sofa and tell her she's been punk'd, you've pretty guaranteed this chick is going to fuck the living hell out of another man at some point in your relationship.Mozel Tov.

it's not like that at all. my thinking is i like poker and i'm a hellmuth fan; she has enjoyed poker at times, watches me play a lot, gives me encouragement. when stars banned my chat for 6 months i thought about quitting, but she gave me support to continue. i thought we could share poker rather than it being a problem between us.
And now I know this is a joke. Well played involving Hellmuth in it.
Short of having Ashton Kutcher hop out from behind your sofa and tell her she's been punk'd, you've pretty guaranteed this chick is going to fuck the living hell out of another man at some point in your relationship.Mozel Tov.
thanks dude, but i don't think so. seriously, i bet you that in a week things will be back to normal, and i may use this whole thing to get her more involved in poker. my dream would be to teach her to grind 1/2 and 2/4 limit and i'll play MTTs. i think there is no reason that couldn't happen..
FYP
thanks, I thought there was a typo or two
thanks dude, but i don't think so. seriously, i bet you that in a week things will be back to normal, and i may use this whole thing to get her more involved in poker. my dream would be to teach her to grind 1/2 and 2/4 limit and i'll play MTTs. i think there is no reason that couldn't happen..
I'll take that action, unless you're hiding the fact that this isn't the first time you've done something like this.And read the bolded part, anything dawning on you yet?
I vote that this is a joke thread, so I'm going to focus on this post. Girls somehow got this idea that every holiday is for them. They deserve diamonds, flowers, chocolate, expensive dinners, and anything else expensive that they can get you to buy them, and then you get no more than $50 worth of present. The boyfriend of a friend of mine bought her a nice iPod for Christmas (I forget which one, but whatever the $300 top of the line iPod was at the time), and she got him a card. He took the iPod back and kept it for himself...she got pissed, but it was the funniest thing ever.
It's funny till you're not getting any.Why is every holiday for women? Hmmmmm, oh yeah, I remember. BECAUSE WE OWN THE PUSSY. Get used to it and get over it. You'll be much happier.
It's funny till you're not getting any.Why is every holiday for women? Hmmmmm, oh yeah, I remember. BECAUSE WE OWN THE PUSSY. Get used to it and get over it. You'll be much happier.
My favorite divorce joke, She leaves and takes half the money, and all the pussy. True story.
one of the reasons the fight erupted so big is because i called her a hypocrite. she is always saying i am thinking of "I-I-I" instead of "we," and I told her that i thought "we" to buy the pro player drink because i figured one of us would drink it--hopefully her, but if not then me. I told her she was making it about "I", herself, but she didn't want to listen to that. she made dinner for our anniversary, got wine, and gave me a picture of the two of us on the beach in santo domingo for my desk at the office and two tickets (pretty good seats, actually) for me and a friend to a yankees game in late september. when i saw all of this i was thinking about giving her something in addition to the case--i was going to tell her the other gift was on the way and shipping was delayed--but once i gave her the drink all hell broke loose.
My husband just read this over my shoulder and even he agrees you don't deserve to get laid.Ever.
don't get uppity around me, woman :club: haha jk. Renae is coming off like a total B to us because we're guys, but she is indeed correct about owning the *****. Don't "get used to it and get over it", but definitely understand it and believe it, cuz there's not much you can do about it. Just learn how to be the man that she wants without also betraying the man that you are. There is a nice middle ground where you're still "keeping it real" and being a man, but also making your woman very happy. That in turn makes you happy, because while she owns it, she'll rent it out to you as often as you wish...if she's happy.and she owns the *****, once again
yea but we own everything else and only have to give up half if we **** up :club:
My wife's 26th birthday is this weekend and I'm taking her on a hot air balloon ride on Saturday morning, and then we'll have lunch at a very nice restaurant (not a chain), and then we'll spend the afternoon visiting some wineries and participating in some wine tastings. She'll be pleasuring me on her birthday later on that night...learn from me.
Exactly.And you know why this works, 12 year old? Because it demonstrates thinking about "we" not "I". He took the time to find and plan something she might like that they could do together. That's "we" thinking. "I" thinking says "here's something I like that if you don't I'll be glad to take it off your hands".