Poker And Sayings

i was thinking randomly (after reading something on some poker blog i cant remember the source of), about how truthful and helpful one saying this guy said when regarding tourney play can be. i think it was something along the lines of : i'll raise with anything if i think i have position or if i feel the urge to play a hand, but i will only call a raise with a good hand, making sure my kickers stand up and that my (flush) draws are to the nuts.sounds pretty obvious i know, but its a nice reminder now and then to keep your game together when in a tourney and not go crazy with A10 utg deep in a tourney lol.anyone else have any inspirational quotes?

You can't be knocked out of a tournament unless you're all in against a larger stack.In the poker game of life, women are the effing rake.Anything that begins with "Here's the thing..."

I'll weigh in with a couple that I made up on my own:One man's rags is another man's tuxedo.Puff, puff, pass the variance.You sunk my battleship! (oh, wait, that's not mine...)Wisdom? you want wisdom? Go see the fckn Dalai Lama. We're talkin' poker here.

I liked Ivey's "If you're not willing to light a $100 bill on fire then you shouldn't play poker." I think that's close.
Yah thats a bit extreme, but he also said somthing along the lines of the 100$ bill quote , If you take a hit and can't handle the swings, you shouldn't play poker.
Yah thats a bit extreme, but he also said somthing along the lines of the 100$ bill quote , If you take a hit and can't handle the swings, you shouldn't play poker.
I don't think it's extreme. It's all about being able to handle the emotional swings of poker. You need to have a certain lack of respect for money in order to be able play poker.

I think Im going to puke (allen cunningham on the last hand where gold busts him)I knew thats what you had (ricky zilemn after he called on the turn with a gutshot against max pescatori's trips and got there on the river)If it weren't for luck I'd win every one

I'm puking... (allen cunningham on the last hand where gold busts him)I knew thats what you had (ricky zilemn after he called on the turn with a gutshot against max pescatori's trips and got there on the river)If it weren't for luck I'd win every one
FYPament

I enjoy when bad players try to sound smart by rattling off incorrect math and odds. There was a kid in my MTT last weekend who had a Hellmuth hat, WSOP jacket, WSOP shirt, sunglasses, ipod and chip protector. I almost exploded by looking directly at him. It was a short stacked tourney and he was limping almost every hand and every pot he lost...I think it was most if not all of the ones he voluntarily entered....he would say "I was getting 2-1" even when that was blatently incorrect. So that's my addition to this thread."I was getting 2-1"