Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

Is Orpik cleared for contact yet?Good news for the Croz. Not a significant change, since I know he was already getting bumped and stuff. Not sure I agree with what I've read elsewhere though, suggesting he's a long way off. I'm sure he's been keeping his endurance up for as long as he's been able, and it's not like it would take long for Sidney Crosby to get in good enough hockey shape to be the best player on the ice.I'm sure they want to give him plenty of time absorbing contact significantly in practice before they throw him out there, but I could see him back sooner than I think most are suggesting.
I really would like to be inside the opposition locker rooms and see what guys like Phaneuf and Pronger are thinking. Are they purposely gonna hit him hard? Are they gonna respectfully not hit him?They will not go head hunting obvious but im sure they are gonna want to play him physical.FWIW Crosby isnt gonna play anytime soon.
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

another bet? I bet Crosby is in the starting lineup at least once between now and (including) October 29th against the Leafs. That is 9 games from now.
No..I dont like my side in my Crosby bets as it is..Respectfully pass on the offer.
I really would like to be inside the opposition locker rooms and see what guys like Phaneuf and Pronger are thinking. Are they purposely gonna hit him hard? Are they gonna respectfully not hit him?They will not go head hunting obvious but im sure they are gonna want to play him physical.FWIW Crosby isnt gonna play anytime soon.
Here's one opinion:http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2011/10/13/w...pon-his-return/(Btw, new blog at the Score, led by Justin Bourne, former ECHLer who used to write amazing articles for Puck Daddy. You should all have it bookmarked by now.)
Here's one opinion:http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2011/10/13/w...pon-his-return/(Btw, new blog at the Score, led by Justin Bourne, former ECHLer who used to write amazing articles for Puck Daddy. You should all have it bookmarked by now.)
He has written some stuff I've really liked. I really like that he takes a different approach to articles than pretty much any other professional hockey writer. Having said that, I find most of his articles to be pointless, boring or both. I usually finish one and feel like I haven't read anything that isn't obvious and/or an editorial disguised as an article.
James Neal with the Pens...Last season: 2 goals in 27 games.This season: 4 goals in 5 games.
Somebody figured out the system. Or got Malkin back. Or both. Or all three.

James Neal:6 goals in 32 GP with the penguins.Not saying he isn't a great player, but this streak is no more statistically relevant than his 27 game slump last year. Most goal scorers are streaky.

Havent seen any discussion here about a play that is getting a lot of press today..Aaron Asham's gesture after knocking out Beagle.My take on it is, Asham had no idea Beagle was seriously hurt and kudos to him for apologizing after.I personally think Asham is a prick, but didnt really do much wrong in this..The showboating was a bit much, but he did apologize.The Capitals contention that "Asham should pick on someone his own calibre" doesnt carry much weight. Beagle could of chose to not get involved.

Havent seen any discussion here about a play that is getting a lot of press today..Aaron Asham's gesture after knocking out Beagle.My take on it is, Asham had no idea Beagle was seriously hurt and kudos to him for apologizing after.I personally think Asham is a prick, but didnt really do much wrong in this..The showboating was a bit much, but he did apologize.The Capitals contention that "Asham should pick on someone his own calibre" doesnt carry much weight. Beagle could of chose to not get involved.
I actually think he knew he was hurt since he did not just drop him on the ice face first. Why would he do the sleeping motion?What I hate hearing these days is the same old comment "I/he is not that type of person".
I actually think he knew he was hurt since he did not just drop him on the ice face first. Why would he do the sleeping motion?What I hate hearing these days is the same old comment "I/he is not that type of person".
I'm glad he apologized and stuff - and this doesn't sound like the tired old actor/athlete apology that is just instructions from his PR person.This might be an overreaction, but after the summer we had, Asham's actions concern me. He did some violent, full of testosterone, and appeared to sincerely regret it later. And he's 'not that type of person.' We had three 'not that type of person' enforcers commit suicide this summer. Is it not reasonable to be concerned about the consistency of someone's mental state that they could do something not that out of line with their every day job, and sincerely regret it later?That was terribly worded. Hope I got my point across.
I'm glad he apologized and stuff - and this doesn't sound like the tired old actor/athlete apology that is just instructions from his PR person.This might be an overreaction, but after the summer we had, Asham's actions concern me. He did some violent, full of testosterone, and appeared to sincerely regret it later. And he's 'not that type of person.' We had three 'not that type of person' enforcers commit suicide this summer. Is it not reasonable to be concerned about the consistency of someone's mental state that they could do something not that out of line with their every day job, and sincerely regret it later?That was terribly worded. Hope I got my point across.
I really like your point.After a while, an apology is good but at the end of the day you still did what you did.Im pretty sure a good percentage of people that commit violent crimes are sorry for what they have done after. Sure there are some pychopaths that arent sorry and they love what they do, but in general people are sorry..
I really like your point.After a while, an apology is good but at the end of the day you still did what you did.Im pretty sure a good percentage of people that commit violent crimes are sorry for what they have done after. Sure there are some pychopaths that arent sorry and they love what they do, but in general people are sorry..
Perfect. I think I have been watching too much A&E. Beyond Scared Straight has the inmates scaring the hell out of most of the kids. Hearing their stories is what I want to hear and all of them are sorry for what they did but are paying the price for it now.
We're just talking about his "go to sleep" gesture, right? Because isn't knocking a guy out kind of his job? Players scoring goals are allowed to celebrate, why can't you celebrate winning a fight? It's all part of hockey.Note: I think fighting in hockey is profoundly stupid.
We're just talking about his "go to sleep" gesture, right? Because isn't knocking a guy out kind of his job? Players scoring goals are allowed to celebrate, why can't you celebrate winning a fight? It's all part of hockey.Note: I think fighting in hockey is profoundly stupid.
When you score a goal, you didnt just nearly decapitate a guy..BTW What is going to happen when someone dies one day the result of a fight?As much as I hate to see that, its going to happen.
When you score a goal, you didnt just nearly decapitate a guy..BTW What is going to happen when someone dies one day the result of a fight?As much as I hate to see that, its going to happen.
so, your against fighting? Im confused.I havent seen a clip, but I dont get what the big deal is.
so, your against fighting? Im confused.I havent seen a clip, but I dont get what the big deal is.
I guess I am against fighting.
When you score a goal, you didnt just nearly decapitate a guy..
Which just proves that fighting is stupid I think. When your trying to do something that shouldn't be celebrated, maybe that something shouldn't be allowed.
I havent seen a clip, but I dont get what the big deal is.
Which just proves that fighting is stupid I think. When your trying to do something that shouldn't be celebrated, maybe that something shouldn't be allowed.
I agree with you .