• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

I guess I am against fighting.
ok. just suprising considered your a fan of Cherry, and I thought for some reason you were a fan of fighting.I think fighting in hockey is stupid, and I wish it didnt exist. I have no problem with fighting being eliminated this instance.Also, when I look at that link, Im not disturbed by some guys celebration, Im disturbed by the fact that there's thousands of people cheering on one guy while he beats another guy to a state of unconsiousness. THATS DISTURBING! Seriously, Im embarrassed as a hockey fan. On a whole other point, I sure hope the NHL does something about those head shots though. Now those are dangerous.
ok. just suprising considered your a fan of Cherry, and I thought for some reason you were a fan of fighting.I think fighting in hockey is stupid, and I wish it didnt exist. I have no problem with fighting being eliminated this instance.Also, when I look at that link, Im not disturbed by some guys celebration, Im disturbed by the fact that there's thousands of people cheering on one guy while he beats another guy to a state of unconsiousness. THATS DISTURBING! Seriously, Im embarrassed as a hockey fan. On a whole other point, I sure hope the NHL does something about those head shots though. Now those are dangerous.
I think I am changing my stance on fighting as I have grown older and have a son that plays hockey. He is very impressionable and if he sees his hero Dion Phaneuf fight, he is going to fight..As a matter of fact him and his friends when they are playing , pretend fight all the time..Drop the gloves and go at it.I m really glad he didnt see that Asham fight..I dont like it as a parent.
We're just talking about his "go to sleep" gesture, right? Because isn't knocking a guy out kind of his job? Players scoring goals are allowed to celebrate, why can't you celebrate winning a fight? It's all part of hockey.Note: I think fighting in hockey is profoundly stupid.
Knocking a guy out is cool - gesturing after a fight is kind of frowned upon, but not as a general rule. This was more like a heavyweight knocking out a middleweight, the middleweight appearing to be severely hurt, and the heavyweight celebrating/mocking the injury.Presumably, the apology was for the gesturing afterwards, not for winning the fight, which is kind of his job.Disclosure: I see absolutely no reason why fighting should be a part of hockey.

Beagle was crushing him early in that scrap. Asham hit him exactly twice the whole fight.The taunt was stupid, but I agree with Serge that he probably didn't know the severity of the injury, not that it's an excuse. He apologized after, and you could see in his face immediately when he turned around and saw him lying there half dead that he regretted the whole thing.I'm indifferent on fighting in hockey, but it's certainly getting to a point where it's absurdly dangerous, and I'd have no problem removing it in the interest of player safety.

I think as a collective we are a great sample of great,knowledgeable hockey fans...If a majority of us think hockey can be played without fighting, it might be time to go.Bobby Mac wrote a great blog on this subject, check it out (lazy to link)If a martian came down from earth and saw the Wizniewski hit and we told him he got 8 games, then he saw what happened to Beagle and told him no thats part of the game, he would be dumbfounded..

I understand how fighting became a part of the game. And I really don't know how to get it out - even if you make it an automatic suspension, there will still be fighting. Which is ok, really, since that would be a different kind of fighting, and far more rare.So what do we do? Tomorrow, if fighting is an automatic 3-game suspension, will there be issues with people taking liberties with dangerous hits? What if a team sends out a Michael Haley, who starts picking fights and hurting people, and since there's no fighting, there's no Eric Godard on the ice to fight him and get them both out of the game. How big of an issue will that be?

I wish they would get rid of the guys who do nothing but fight. I'd love it if the only guys who fought were the Talbots, the Ashams, etc. They fight out of emotion, not the dumb staged fights. But I mean, if any fight comes down to serious injuries, just make it illegal to punch faces with huge suspensions and it'll end. Lots more slashing tho, i guess.

So what do we do? Tomorrow, if fighting is an automatic 3-game suspension, will there be issues with people taking liberties with dangerous hits? What if a team sends out a Michael Haley, who starts picking fights and hurting people, and since there's no fighting, there's no Eric Godard on the ice to fight him and get them both out of the game. How big of an issue will that be?
I've never played hockey; do people really not hit guys out of fear of retribution? This seems more like a talking point than a real issue. It would seem to me that all NHL players are tough guys who aren't going to shy away from something because they're worried they might get hit back. But even if that was the case, you just need to punish the dangerous hits. Same with any player who is going around picking fights. Suspend him. "That's not part of hockey anymore." I don't think it's something that will get fixed over night, but it could happen eventually.
I've never played hockey; do people really not hit guys out of fear of retribution? This seems more like a talking point than a real issue. It would seem to me that all NHL players are tough guys who aren't going to shy away from something because they're worried they might get hit back. But even if that was the case, you just need to punish the dangerous hits. Same with any player who is going around picking fights. Suspend him. "That's not part of hockey anymore." I don't think it's something that will get fixed over night, but it could happen eventually.
This used to be a much bigger thing in the old NHL, the Gretzky days. Back then, if anyone so much as looked at Gretzky the wrong way they could expect to be driven through the wall and then have the crap beat out of them by Marty McSorley. Superstars get hit just as much as anyone else anymore...that's why so many of them get hurt a lot. If you're a 100 point threat you have a big old target slapped on you. Retaliation is still out there but it isn't as much of a thing anymore.

Looks like Malkin wont be playing on the road trip.Not to piss the Penguinos off but I have set a line:Malkin + Crosby games played= 110

I mostly agree with you. First, I should clarify that the hits I'm referring to are dangerous ones, not just the everyday hit.It's always been a talking point that you can't take out fighting because guys could really go out and hurt someone, and not fear any retribution other than a suspension. That has lost a lot of weight recently, since oftentimes someone does something dangerous, and the response is that the team's fighters fight. Which means basically nothing to the guy originally hitting.With a really big hit (not only a dangerous/illegal one, but legal ones too), often the closest guy on the other team will come after the hitter, but usually in a way that just turns into a scrum, with the hitter avoiding a fight if he wants.
So what's the purpose of your post?
Just to amaze at the awesomeness of the Penguins.They can skate out half of Wilkes Barre and still win every game.

As if it wasnt enough to lose Sid,Geno,Free Candy the Pens have now lost Tanger(is that correct) to a two game suspension.This is a tough one for Zach as he was suspended for hitting his man crush Burmistrov.Sorry buddy, dont worry you guys still manage to compete.

Mehhhh, pretty indifferent on it. Looks a bit like Burmi turned, but not really conclusive either way. Thought Letang might get off with a fine.Gonna be a fun game tonight, lol.
I really like Letang's game.He has become a top tier dman..Maybe he was all these years, and I didnt notice..BUt I like the guy..

He always had potential to be it. Such a smooth skater, and he plays a lot bigger than he his. He'll start picking up a ton of points if the Penguins ever get to field a healthy team again. He was cruising along all season last year until Sid and Geno went down.

He always had potential to be it. Such a smooth skater, and he plays a lot bigger than he his. He'll start picking up a ton of points if the Penguins ever get to field a healthy team again. He was cruising along all season last year until Sid and Geno went down.
so, your saying if Yandle played on a healthy Pens team, he'd get 130 pts.