Since 9/11 Is Fast Approaching...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did you find out about 9/11?What were you doing at the time?Where were you?
I was in the middle of morning sex with my girlfriend when one of my roommates yelled something up the stairs about the end of the world. I finished.

my b-day is on the 14ths, and some friends of mine kidnnaped me , and we drove to canada, to some hippy lil town in the middle of no where brittish columbia ( which is, btw, about the most beautiful place I've ever been to... Every part of BC I've ever seen is amazingly beatiful..) I forget the name of the town, but it's like due north of spokane. Anyway, I was super hung over when I woke up, and I was with a couple of girls, and one of the girl's douchebag boy friend. At the time I was in my post college what am I going to did with my life existential crisis, and had a short firtation with extreme leftist politics (the flirtation of which pretty much died that day, and elolved into my current nilistic politics/world view/philosophy). This guy was a douchebag anarchist, and he was ****ing cheer when he was watching the replays of it. I was shocked and disgusted by the guy. Iwasn't even agry at him, because I was too freaked out. I seriouly thought things were going to get so much worse than that did after that, and I thought this guy is so ****ing dumb to be cheering.. doesn't he know what this meant? Doesn't he know how many peole just ****ing died? DOn't you know our economy's about to colaplse, and that things re going to go insane. So I speant the day walking around this town. Cannucks bought me drinks just 'cause I was amercian that day ( ah, the short brief time the US had the world's sympathy.. hard to believe that time even exsisted in the aftermath of that day). I talked with abunch of freaked out hippy/anarchist cannucks, who were terrified about what the US was going to do ( and I could do nothing to diswaude their fears) I heard abunch of hippy assholes wax philosophic about bullshit. I tried hard to get laid, as all I wanted to do was fuk for some strange reason.. I wanted to feel somethign, as I was just numb. The next day 9/12, we went back into the US and had to endure like a 2 hour search of our car ( thankfully we had no pot in it). I also got a ticket for not wearing my seat belt in the back seat of the car, which I can happily say I've never paid.

I was a Senior or 1st Classman at one of the federal military academies and standing a watch post. I'll never forget that my phone was ringing off the hook as reports came in and I had no idea what was happening. Terrified, everyone began to assemble and fear the worst. There were few words, mostly nervous looks. The gates were fortified and protection in force, measures, while logical, are none to reassuring.When my post was relieved, I found that classes had been cancelled and the midshipmen ordered to remain in the barracks and follow the news and await further instruction. Both upper and lower classmen, not a normal practice, piled into the ward rooms as there were few televisions around, to watch the horror unfold. It was mostly silent, but by the time I'd gotten there the towers had come down and speculation as to whether the attack was actually complete had begun. In those horrifying moments, there was some talk and thoughts of what tomorrow would be. We were actually considering an end to the American way of life we came to know. And wondered if war had really come to our land. Shock had certainly set in.

I was at work, in the tallest office building in Toronto, which is where some of the initial flights were rerouted. I kept looking out at the CN Tower to see if it was in danger and wondering if any of the rerouted planes were piloted by hijackers. They told everyone to go home about an hour or so later, so I walked home with a friend of mine and we had a couple of beers while we watched the replays in near silence. A sad, sad day.FYI, a guy who worked for our company died in the WTC, not sure which tower (I work for the brokerage end of a large bank).

i was watching chocolat in a french cinema class (i think the point of watching it was to differentiate between real french cinema and bastardized american french cinema) i had when somebody came in and gave the news to the professor, who then relayed it to the class.

i was watching chocolat in a french cinema class (i think the point of watching it was to differentiate between real french cinema and bastardized american french cinema) i had when somebody came in and gave the news to the professor, who then relayed it to the class.
did it go like this?L'Amérique est attaquée par des terroristes. Vont à la maison et vous restent sûr les idiots
i actually just found out about it last month. I was playing poker with friends and someone pulled out a 9/11 twin towers memorial card deck, it had crazy pics of airplanes hitting the sides of the towers
I didn't even know I had a market in Canada. Now you'll never forget.

I woke up late for work that morning. I was rushing to get ready and never turned the TV on. As I opened the apartment door to leave the phone rang. I picked it up and it was my wife (girlfriend at the time) asking me if I just saw what happened. I said no, I am late for work what is going on. She said a plane hit the WTC. I thought that was weird but didn't make too much of it. I was just wanting to get to work. So I hang up with her and start to leave and then it hit me. WTC hit by a plane.....WTF? So i turn the TV on and there it was. Not minutes later the second plane hit. I never left the couch that day.

did it go like this?L'Amérique est attaquée par des terroristes. Vont à la maison et vous restent sûr les idiots
i think you nailed it verbatim

I watched it happen on the TV. I was getting ready for class and all of a sudden I hear my roomate yelling. I asked him what happened and he said that a plane hit the south tower. We knew people that lived in that area so we were wondering wtf was up. We thought that it had to be an accident of some sort, so I turned on the TV to see wtf was going on and thats when the other plane went into the north tower and everything just was way too surreal. Obviously classes were cancled that day because a lot of teachers lived in nyc and some student commuted from NYC

I was in class, (was my sophomore year of HS)It's also my buddy's birthday, He'll be celebrating the weekend before, for obvious reason.And to think, I almost tried to hijack this thread -via- conspiracy theories.We'll save that for another day, or another thread.

How did you find out about 9/11?What were you doing at the time?Where were you?
I was in my English class during my junior year. We were watching some gay video, when the Algebra teacher down the hall came in and told us to turn on the morning news. We flipped over to NBC just in time to see the second plane hit. I just remember my heart just absolutely sinking, and being freaked out like you wouldn't believe. Yeah, I was in a rural area, but jeez, seeing stuff like that still freaks you out. Then the pentagon got hit, and we were all freaking out, one girl especially, because her Grandfather was at the pentagon, so naturally, she's rushing to the office to try to find out if he's ok.Second period hit, and I was in American history class, and normally, this guy's a bore, and never slights his schedule at all. However, everyone was asking questions, and the whole hour was dedicated to this.Third period we had an assembly, which wasn't really much of one, it turned mostly into people huddling in the commons watching the news...just in time to see the people jumping to their deaths followed by the collapse of the towers. I honestly have never been so truly horrified in my life as I was when I watched that.I don't remember much of the day, and don't really remember doing hardly anything in any class.I remember going home and my mom being a total wreck. She knew I was naturally alright, but still, she was just a wreck at seeing the whole thing.One thing I'll mention that no one probably even knows, or if they do they don't remember. I was eagerly awaiting P.O.D.'s new CD that summer, and the due date was 8/21/2001, as they were my favorite band at the time. I went to Cornerstone Festival that year, and was front row at their concert when they announced that the CD had been pushed back to 9/11/2001. I actually got one of their promotional beach balls their for the album and got it autographed by the band, and the date on it does say 8/21/2001.Well needless to say, I got the album the day it came out. I just remember listening through it, and hearing so much that rang true throughout that whole day, that people absolutely needed to hear. It was just an absolutely incredible coincidence that this specific CD got pushed back to that specific date.Also, another one I should mention: another band at Cornerstone I heard was Squad Five-O, who had just blown up the scene the year before with an album titled "Bombs Over Broadway." The cover of said CD: Two planes flying toward the World Trade Center. The lyrics to the title track of the CD (not 100% accurate, mind you, to 9/11, but there's several key words in there that was just freaky upon reading):Midnight, New York City.Broadway, going up in flames.Ground zero, big city.Big Apple swallowed by the flames.Bombs away, we never saw it coming.Bombs away, til the bombs started falling.Down, to seal our fate.No time to run, now it's too late.Countdown 5-4-3-2-1.The end is near baby here it comes.The neon lights of the city burn.And the sirens warn: 'Bombs over Broadway!'Lady Liberty is laid to rest.'Give me liberty or give me death.'Her dream died with her last request.She didn't expect bombs over Broadway.So long Manhattan Island.Our pride in you had no end.New York, New York.Our pride has done you in.Lights out, New York City.You were the first, but you won't be the last.I forgot the cd cover:e2330071pvtek2.jpg

I was just starting my freshman year of college. I came back from my early *** class and rolled a blunt and ate some dunkin donuts when people started freaking out throughout my dorm. I could see the smoke in the far far distance from out my dorm window. A lot of ppl were really freaking bc they were either from NYC or had family that worked there. They cancelled classes for the rest of the day so we went to the liquor store and bought some 40s and got drunk and high. My mom was freaking out and wanting me to come home. Crazy that its been 5 years already

Ive never told this story before but here goes. I live in the pacific timezone so i ussually get up at what would be 10 in the east, but on this day i was awoke at 5:30 ampst 8:30est drenched in sweat after having a nightmare where all i remmeber was a horrible fire and people screaming. nightmares are a very rare occurence for me and i have not had one since. anyway i got up and downed like 2 litres of water then went to go back to bed but my bed was uncomfortable because of all the sweat. so i went to watch some tv for awile and while flipping i saw some **** going down on cnn so i immediatlty called into sick at work and was glued from about 6am that morning till about 2am the next day. the thing i will never forget is those people jumping from the building and how everyone was just waiting for more **** to go down. pretty scary stuff, hard to believe bin laden has never been captured or found, oh well at least we are all safe from the 5 scud missiles Iraq had left.