What Do The Following Players Have In Common?

Daniel NegreanuMike SextonChip Reese Phil IveyDoyle BrunsonTodd BrunsonBarry GreensteinJennifer HarmanMark SeifJohn Juanda I'm looking for a specific answer, take your best guess.
Who has not been in my kitchen?
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the seven of them are going to stand there in open court and try to prove damages. Financial damages. That means revealing all of your finances from all sources and then trying to prove that it should have been more but because of the WPT it wasn't.How many people who make their living from gambling and endorsements are willing to disclose their full financial portfolio in open court? Do you think that it is going to match with what they claim with the IRS? Do you think all the money from all the cash games gets declared? So now these 7 disclose and the court finds not only did they not suffer damages, but in fact made a whole sh*tpot full of money that maybe they did declare and maybe they didn't. What do you think the goverment is going to do next? Assume that it ends with these 7 players? Nooooooo.... they are going to look at all the pros.Hundreds of professional gamblers are going to be at risk of having to disclose their full financial portfolio's and all of thier sources of income. That is how it is bad for poker. Poker made these people millions and they are willing to allow the government to stick a microscope up their asses for a few bucks more.
It has nothing to do with the IRS whatsoever. It is about exposing the fact that these players and others (including Daniel) live in the U.S. and profit from illegal betting by U.S. residents from online poker sites. Contrary to what many believe due to current legislation, it is already illegal to gamble on the internet. Granted it is in the gray area, and poker even more so, it is still illegal.BTW, I am sure the 7 players are quite prepared to disclose their financials. And do you really think the IRS is not already looking at high profile poker players like the 7, and Daniel!?
Daniel NegreanuMike SextonChip Reese Phil IveyDoyle BrunsonTodd BrunsonBarry GreensteinJennifer HarmanMark SeifJohn Juanda I'm looking for a specific answer, take your best guess.
All have caught the herp from one, Liz Lieu? Ship the prize.
I'll settle for the Hockey Jersey with the name 'Fun Buns' and the number '74'. PM Me for my shipping address, k, thanks.

STACKED team? They must be included too right?This saga will be interesting, the UNG7 (ungrateful7) seem to be outnumbered. All the big time pro's don't have their back.Surprised to see DN actuallly name names. (permission?)Can't really picture how the UNG7 can continue with this. It will get ugly. :club:

Who has not been in my kitchen?
Correct, for $300, next category?If they wanna make money in poker tournaments, why don't they just, I don't know, do what pros do.... WIN!!!!The extra money they would have made from advertising for their pokersite won't mean jacksht if they simply win a WPT event.. or get to the FT.... or just go deep in it.
They will all be featured in the 64 player only pros tournament you have been hinting at the last couple of weeks?
Please stop posting. You are mentally crippled.
4 posts in and your gonna flame a post that had SW written all over it? picked the wrong spot bud.Sir, you are the one who is mentally crippled, please remove your sig until you are worthy.
what "damage" do most of us even have wrapped up in this? what do we care? i can't see how most players here aside from DN and maybe a few other high stakes pros would even care. so what if DN can't make money off FCP's poker room? what do you care? all it probably means is that if you want to chunk off your money in $25-$100 increments, you'll just have to find another way to do it.there are so many people on this board who say the lawsuit is bad when it's clear they're only doing so because DN says so. it's a joke.
Ummm...no. There are definite consequences for every poker player. Do you report your winning to the IRS? The WPT is going to drag their financial records through the courts to prove that they haven't suffered because of the agreement, and while doing so, these players are going to have to divulge EVERYTHING to the courts. It will hurt them unless they all have never not reported a days worth of poker winnings and eventually it will affect the rest of us. Once they start going after gamblers for not reporting their winnings, we will all be affected. In a day in age, where the goverment is making every effort it legally can to shut down internet gaming, this is not a time to be giving them ammunition. The lawsuit will do more harm than good.
No.......not........them.......too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!untitled.jpg
Ummm...no. There are definite consequences for every poker player. Do you report your winning to the IRS? The WPT is going to drag their financial records through the courts to prove that they haven't suffered because of the agreement, and while doing so, these players are going to have to divulge EVERYTHING to the courts. It will hurt them unless they all have never not reported a days worth of poker winnings and eventually it will affect the rest of us. Once they start going after gamblers for not reporting their winnings, we will all be affected. In a day in age, where the goverment is making every effort it legally can to shut down internet gaming, this is not a time to be giving them ammunition. The lawsuit will do more harm than good.
with all due respect, this is idiotic reasoning. foremost, there are no guarantees that these players' financial records will ever become public knowledge. the courts have the power to keep private matters like that under seal, and any good lawyer will ask to have that happen before they are ever produced. second, very few of the "gamblers" that read and post in these forums make the kind of money the IRS is ever going to care about. also on that note, any gambler who does make that kind of money has already been told that cheating on their taxes is the #1 way to ruin a good thing--most top pros are, by my understanding, very honest in their reporting. thirdly, i fail to see how you make this logical leap:
It will hurt them unless they all have never not reported a days worth of poker winnings and eventually it will affect the rest of us.
how? what are you talking about? your post reads like some junior high schooler who tells one of their nerdy friends to stop talking about how all the "cool kids" have started smoking, because if they do, it'll "ruin it for the rest of us." it just makes no sense that this lawsuit would ever end up being some watershed that would bring down the poker world as we know it, nor how any regular/amature/hobbyist player could really be affected by this lawsuit. you keep saying we could be, but you've never said how.

Here is my opinion. Daniel, we get the idea that you and most pros are against the lawsuit, but do you need to keep making these threads bashing them and stating how their financial backrounds will be brought up and how they will lose and gets bashed. Sure, we are behind you, but we get the idea already.

AH HA!!!!!!!so THATS the reason its gonna mess with FCPs bottom linenow we all know the REAL reason your against it....ok ok ill stop with the jokes
I am sorry... I didnt read all the posts, but this one came to my attentionJust a simple question : Why cant you see the big picture, Guest ?Daniel Negreanu said "not for them, not for me, not for... ", but you bolded onle the "not for me" part. Of course its about Daniel Negreanu too, about his interests, about the FCP in this case, but we all think about ourself dont we ?This is human nature. But in this case Daniel Negreanu is thinking about "them" - the 7 players - too and about the whole poker world. Those 7 players are not seeing the big picture; if they'll win that just a little battle, thats just short term: win some money and thats it. But they may lose their online business - with the online banning law, their right to play in WPT, their image in the poker world. Its like at the poker table : you see only the big pot, you dont have to odds, the implied odds, but you still wanna go for it; you gamble, you may win, but it was a bad decision, a short-therm decision.Maybe it was a bad analogy... I dont know for sure.Baftă, Daniel! ;)Maybe you'll make them see what a bad thing they're doing.P.S.: I am sorry if my english was not very good.

What do the following FCP members have in Common?DanielNegreanuchyukunThaKidLiquorBeaverpokerlegend1kennyg1966aardhartcoleslawI_call_raise_foldaceydeuceyabout 6000000 other FCPers

-They're all associated with online poker websites.-They've all won at least one WSOP bracelet.-They're all regulars at the big game.
I guess that was easier than I thought. All of these players are against the players involved in the lawsuit. I bring this up, because in a radio interview Andy Bloch claimed that I was the only one opposed to it and everyone he talked to was supportive. Funny, because I haven't talked to anyone who supports this ridiculous and damaging lawsuit. It is so infuriating to me, that I'm not even sure I can look at these people without wanting to spit. There is a divide in the poker world due to this whether they want to admit it or not. I know that I'm on the right side. I look at the people on this list and see a group who really do care about poker's well being and they "get it." The other group's MAIN objective with this lawsuit is shameful- money. As Raymer what the primary goal is- they are looking to collect damages.
Do you have any proof that all of these players are opposed to it?It seems that you are the one that was publicly opposed to this.For all I know, you could just be dropping names.I'm not saying that you are lying to us. I'm just saying that there seems to be nothing to back that up.

I think it's unlikely DN is just dropping names here. He is in a position to have had conversations with each of these players. In the past, when discussing that many pros agree with him, DN has been questioned by the forum to name names on who agrees with him. Now he is doing that. Don't criticize him for giving the people what they want.Maybe these players agree with DN about the merits of the case or maybe they agree with him that this could bring negative attention to poker. Maybe they are not making public statements about this because they agree with me that DN seems to be bringing more attention to this lawsuit than the 7 themselves are.

I think it's unlikely DN is just dropping names here. He is in a position to have had conversations with each of these players. In the past, when discussing that many pros agree with him, DN has been questioned by the forum to name names on who agrees with him. Now he is doing that. Don't criticize him for giving the people what they want.Maybe these players agree with DN about the merits of the case or maybe they agree with him that this could bring negative attention to poker. Maybe they are not making public statements about this because they agree with me that DN seems to be bringing more attention to this lawsuit than the 7 themselves are.
Another thing I want to know is whether Daniel had consent to release their names if these players didn't want their opinions released publicly.I know that if I was a poker player and was against it, I'd keep quiet about my opinion since it holds no merit in any courtroom and will not stop the lawsuit from continuing.