Remember When ......

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, McGee, this has to be my favorite Custom quote, from the rakeback thread:"Right, he took the money and ran off with it. Come on, show some common sense. "
LOL Priceless. Common sense was the one thing custom displayed exactly zero of in that thread. Sticking up for your friends is great and all, but Jweb's supporters acted like freaking retards till WRTO served them. I Just can't fathom how absurd Custom acted in this thread, how he could stick up for a guy for so long who was obviously ripping people off. I mean, this thread was MONTHS after the payments were supposed to get there, and custom ( and other regs) were acting like the inquirers were insensitive assholes for daring to ask for their payment because jweb had "personal problems" Turns out those problems were "degenerate gambler, liar and theif"
LOL Priceless. Common sense was the one thing custom displayed exactly zero of in that thread. Sticking up for your friends is great and all, but Jweb's supporters acted like freaking retards till WRTO served them. I Just can't fathom how absurd Custom acted in this thread, how he could stick up for a guy for so long who was obviously ripping people off. I mean, this thread was MONTHS after the payments were supposed to get there, and custom ( and other regs) were acting like the inquirers were insensitive assholes for daring to ask for their payment because jweb had "personal problems" Turns out those problems were "degenerate gambler, liar and theif"
Yeah, a little before that Custom was my favorite poster, and thought he was being a ******; JWeb taught me how to play LHE, and I realized he was pulling something, pretty early (I actually didn't figure out for sure that it'd happened, though, until like a year later, because I went MIA for a while, too). I just don't understand how he didn't just shut up after a month. I'm not saying call him a thief, but just stop defending him against every single post.

Speaking of terrible mods I clicked on Dutch's blog, to see if he had updated it ( Which he hasn't) and then I remembered " Hey, I had a lnik to my blog in my profile" it said something like this "Check out my new blog ( No, not another lame poker blog) bigdmcgee.blogspot.com or something to that effect. but it wasn't so much a link to my blog as it was a Rick Roll. And I had forgotten about it, but I Just noticed that my signature has been deleted, more proof that the mods here are the lamest.

this is a shot in the dark but a very long time ago there was a really long tread with two posters wanting to play heads up. was it iowa's finest and wrto??. i cant remember but i think i laughed at it for quit a while. if someone knows what i am talking about let me know and post a link

Speaking of terrible mods I clicked on Dutch's blog, to see if he had updated it ( Which he hasn't) and then I remembered " Hey, I had a lnik to my blog in my profile" it said something like this "Check out my new blog ( No, not another lame poker blog) bigdmcgee.blogspot.com or something to that effect. but it wasn't so much a link to my blog as it was a Rick Roll. And I had forgotten about it, but I Just noticed that my signature has been deleted, more proof that the mods here are the lamest.
So knowing that we thank rickroll's are for the humour impaired and stupid and don't want them in the forum you think we're going to let you keep one in your signature if we know about it ?I may be lame but I'm not a moron.
So knowing that we thank rickroll's are for the humour impaired and stupid and don't want them in the forum you think we're going to let you keep one in your signature if we know about it ?I may be lame but I'm not a moron.
Well if we are going on what is and isn't funny can you make sure noone ever mentions Dane Cook. EVER.
I actually think it's ridiculous that you have the power to remove something if you don't think it's funny. If it's not offensive in any way shape or form, who are you to decree certain jokes "stupid" and take away the freedom of expression from everyone here?
I actually think it's ridiculous that you have the power to remove something if you don't think it's funny. If it's not offensive in any way shape or form, who are you to decree certain jokes "stupid" and take away the freedom of expression from everyone here?
agree
Thirded. Always been that way around here though. Dictatorship>Democracy FTW
It's a moderated forum which means there are limits to your freedom of expression. If there was no moderation then there would be anarchy and the forum would be useless with all the crap that would be around.In general our level of moderation is pretty light other than against things like spam.In the case of rick rolls somebody went around posting them in about 30 different threads which was just stupid and annoying.Letting people post links that appear to be one thing but are something else is dangerous. This time it's a rickroll but it could just as easily be something malicious.There are times we have to set limits and we specifically don't want rick rolls and links being posted that aren't going to where they appear to be.

For a net-tard, wtf is a rick-roll?Fwiw - look at the way Bob replies to criticism, questions, etc as compared to the way that Custom used to do it. Niiiiiiiiight and day.

It's a moderated forum which means there are limits to your freedom of expression. If there was no moderation then there would be anarchy and the forum would be useless with all the crap that would be around.In general our level of moderation is pretty light other than against things like spam.In the case of rick rolls somebody went around posting them in about 30 different threads which was just stupid and annoying.Letting people post links that appear to be one thing but are something else is dangerous. This time it's a rickroll but it could just as easily be something malicious.There are times we have to set limits and we specifically don't want rick rolls and links being posted that aren't going to where they appear to be.
I understand that some people take jokes too far and overdo them but feel as though it's your job to moderate the people who are creating the problem and cluttering the forum.This time it's a rickroll but it could just as easily be something malicious.This doesn't make sense to me. I could understand if you guys had some program which stopped people from changing the name of the link, but I'm almost positive you look at each link on a case by case basis. If that's true, your bolded statement doesn't really apply here.

Yeah slippery slope is a common logical falacy, you need to come up with something better than that to show why having an unfunny link in your sig is something that needs to be stopped. He isn't creating new threads just to rick roll people.