Was Joe Hachem A Good Ambassador For Poker?

Joe's year  

211 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate Joe Hachem's efforts as a representative of poker

• Class act
    • Good job
    • Poor performance
    • Total embarassment
    • Didn't notice him at all

Seeing all the fuss about our new 'World Champ' I thought it might be a good time to reflect on the year's efforts by Joe Hachem.Did he do a good job?Do we care?Or do we just like to ***** about the new clown?

Many people fail to realise he didn't qualify on Pokerstars...he bought himself in for the full 10K........so he obviously had faith in his own poker abilities.I think he was good for poker...better than Moneymaker and he did a Raymer and got close to repeating.Fair play to Hachem...even though he is an Ozzy!!

I thought JG was part of Team Bodog...

at least he wasn't from Pokerstars !they cheated saying pokerstars won three in a row.! didn't they recruit him after he won ?
at least he wasn't from Pokerstars !they cheated saying pokerstars won three in a row.! didn't they recruit him after he won ?
Yes they recruited him after he won. They didn't really cheat as someone from "Team Pokerstars" won each year but no he wasn't an online qualifier. He did say he played a lot on pokerstars and all that practice allowed him to win the main event though.

I thought it was interesting that Kido Pham said to him that he (Hachem) was "no Moneymaker"...basically giving him respect for not being a perceived fluke.Hachem did a great job (infectious smile, usually upbeat)...let's see where Jamie "I really don't want to be famous" Gold goes in the next year.Man, I wish Cunningham had won it.

I heard Gold won his seat on a Bodog satalite.I heard Gold won his seat on a Bodog satalite.Hachem was a good ambassador. His personality and his skill made a great guy. I also wish Cunningham had won it. But I heart Howard Lederer said that Gold might make it interesting beacuse of his Hollywood connections.

Hachem did a fantastic job. He had been a semi pro before winning, and did unbelievable at this years WSOP with 2 final tables and a cash in the ME. Hachem was great for poker.

I thought it was interesting that Kido Pham said to him that he (Hachem) was "no Moneymaker"...basically giving him respect for not being a perceived fluke.
Ain't that the truth.I've only seen Joe play on a few televised events, but he seemed to carry himself well, have fun, and be respectful of the other players. Can't beat that.

I think he was average. He was no embarassment, and he had some character and flare.Talking to other pros, they seemed to love him. Raymer is well respected, but kind of boring, Hachem had more entertainment value to them.Based on that... I bet they'll love Gold. :PRay

Hachem did a fantastic job. He had been a semi pro before winning, and did unbelievable at this years WSOP with 2 final tables and a cash in the ME. Hachem was great for poker.
I agree, although as an Aussie I am a bit biased. He came equal fifth on the WSOP leaderboard which is impressive. Wonder what DN thinks given that he is one of the seven!

joe hachem out of the last 3 since the big explosion of popularity in my opinion was the best ambassador. and in my opinion he is the best out of the 3 players as well.

hmmmm, this is strange. I felt Hachem came accross as super arrogant, with almost a holyier than thou attitude. It seemed to me that he talked down to people, especially at his own table. He definately rubbed me the wrong way, and i thought it was pretty obvious. I thought Raymer was much better ambassador than Hachem. I can't believe everyone is on his nuts so bad.Oh well, thats just my opinion.

hmmmm, this is strange. I felt Hachem came accross as super arrogant, with almost a holyier than thou attitude. It seemed to me that he talked down to people, especially at his own table. He definately rubbed me the wrong way, and i thought it was pretty obvious. I thought Raymer was much better ambassador than Hachem. I can't believe everyone is on his nuts so bad.Oh well, thats just my opinion.
I agree personally. I was a HUGE fan of Raymer until the lawsuit. (let's however, not hajack this thread into yet another lawsuit thread).Ray

Both Raymer and Hachen have shown themselves to be pretty good players by following up their wins with good performances in later events. i think both of them did a fine job. Both players think they are pretty good (and they are) but have also shown respect for the game and other players.

Lemme tell ya somethin, Joe Hachem will look like Mike Sexton or Daniel Negreanu by the end of this year because of how horrible Gold is gonna be.
Well...Hachem skyrocketed up in my book after that beer commercial I saw just now on ESPN.Hachem owns

Can't complain about how Hachem did. He had his distinctive look and personality, both of which are important. It that regard, he did better than Raymer did.But what's more important to me is how Hachem, like Raymer, backed up his WSOP win and made himself a legitimate champion, something that I doubt Jamie Gold will be able to do.