Daniel Updates At The Main Event

Both of those are sucker bets at even odds. You needed at least 6:1 on Danny Boy having 50K+ to make it a sane bet, and probably 5:2 or so if you're betting on him having 180K+ by the end of day 2. Don't get me wrong - I'm a huge believer in DN's skills - there are just too many ways to lose a bet like that. Looking at yesterday's bet for instance. Only one person in five will ever have a stack over 50K, but that's by the end of the tournament. Many of the people, say 60%, will not reach that pinnacle by the end of day one, and of those who do, almost 50% will drop below 50K by the end of the day. This makes the odds of a random player having 50K+ by the end of the day at about 24:1 against. Edit: Actual results from Day 1a and 1b show it to 26:1 against No doubt, Daniel is much better than a random player, so you can maybe double, or very generously triple his odds to set the line at 8:1 against; They are still nowhere near even. A better bet you could make tomorrow would be that Daniel will reach 180K in chips at some point in time before he goes broke. This would be about 11:10 for a random player with his chip stack, but is probably 3:4 for Negreanu. If you insist on putting a time constraint on it, you should really ask for 2:1 odds or better. But if you do make this bet, I'll be rooting for you to win. Go DN!
remind me to never make a bet with you....EVER
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both of those are sucker bets at even odds. You needed at least 6:1 on Danny Boy having 50K+ to make it a sane bet, and probably 5:2 or so if you're betting on him having 180K+ by the end of day 2. Don't get me wrong - I'm a huge believer in DN's skills - there are just too many ways to lose a bet like that. Looking at yesterday's bet for instance. Only one person in five will ever have a stack over 50K, but that's by the end of the tournament. Many of the people, say 60%, will not reach that pinnacle by the end of day one, and of those who do, almost 50% will drop below 50K by the end of the day. This makes the odds of a random player having 50K+ by the end of the day at about 24:1 against. Edit: Actual results from Day 1a and 1b show it to 26:1 against No doubt, Daniel is much better than a random player, so you can maybe double, or very generously triple his odds to set the line at 8:1 against; They are still nowhere near even. A better bet you could make tomorrow would be that Daniel will reach 180K in chips at some point in time before he goes broke. This would be about 11:10 for a random player with his chip stack, but is probably 3:4 for Negreanu. If you insist on putting a time constraint on it, you should really ask for 2:1 odds or better. But if you do make this bet, I'll be rooting for you to win. Go DN!
I think, and I could be wrong here, that you have what they call in the industry: "A Gambling Problem".
I think, and I could be wrong here, that you have what they call in the industry: "A Gambling Problem".
no he actually looks at every bet rationally using math, logic, and common sense.he has gambling solutions not a gambling problem.

i'll write it again...Fid and DN, if you get hype watching rocky III. download the song "intro" by EPMD off their "out of business" CD. Trust me on this, it was good for an extra 4-inches on my high jumping, it will be good for a quick day 2 double up....

Well if you must know, I got 4:1 odds on the first bet.... so I would have only lost $25 bucks. My friend is a real DN hater for some reason, but I always have supported Daniel (Even though he now lives in Vegas, he still represents the T-Dot and Canada so he deserves our repect imo).We just agreeded on the final bet... $50 bucks, 2:1 odds. DN must finish 150k+ by Day 2. (I might be getting screwed over a bit, but I dont care)Go DN go!!!
nice work kid...can i borrow that copy of Rocky III?I'm at 11,750..card dead the final level....but still alive!
Not to worry, Brian...you're doing great and we're all behind you at home...I know those chips will start to build on Day 2. Congrats on making it past Day 1....that's the toughest part! Keep your focus and you will rise to the occasion. We'll be following you on Day 2 and wishing you the best of luck!!!Great work, Daniel, you are surely the pro! Keep it up.... Would love to see Brian at the final table with you!
Not to worry, Brian...you're doing great and we're all behind you at home...I know those chips will start to build on Day 2. Congrats on making it past Day 1....that's the toughest part! Keep your focus and you will rise to the occasion. We'll be following you on Day 2 and wishing you the best of luck!!!Great work, Daniel, you are surely the pro! Keep it up.... Would love to see Brian at the final table with you!
CoolestMomEver.

DANIELi saw your video about Day 1. don't give yourself up so easily. take advantage of bad playing donkey idiots, like i do online everyday. but to openly scream "my table plays so bad", surely someone has been on the phone home saying "DN" is at MY TABLE! and they might hear this stuff. again, TAKE ADVANTAGE, don't let the cat out of the bag...

no he actually looks at every bet rationally using math, logic, and common sense.he has gambling solutions not a gambling problem.
Yeah - I'm just a math nerd. I've never bet sports in my life.
Any updates for Day 2?
dn doesn't play until tomorrow i don't think. days 1A and 1B get put together in day 2A, while 1C and 1D play in 2B, which is tomorrow. at least i think. may have confused myself with my number/letter math logic.
dn doesn't play until tomorrow i don't think. days 1A and 1B get put together in day 2A, while 1C and 1D play in 2B, which is tomorrow. at least i think. may have confused myself with my number/letter math logic.
i think ur right, my bad thanks

DN,The dude at your table with the hat and all the chips is Adam Jones from South Dakota. He's never won anything of note but is a decent player. Don't confuse him with Adam Jones the guitarist from the band "Tool". GL tomorrow/today (i'm in a different timezone)

Daniel's Table for today..154.JPG

Awesome....."Go for it". Try watching the last 20 minutes of "Excalibur" or The Battle of Fallkirk in "Braveheart". Mel...Ive done stupid things when I'm drunk too: all is forgiven.
Yeah, you are probably one of the guys who loses a bet on fcp and calls me a Jew (or N.g..r), like thats supposed to be an insult. Anybody who forgives Mel Gibson is a bigot, himself. Congratulations on joining that club. And theres nothing you can say that will change the minds of me, or anyone else on this site. Maybe others felt the same way, but they arent stupid enough to write it.