Whats Your Biggest Weakness?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing when winning.I don't have winner tilt, or even loser tilt, but I always find more motivation to play when I'm stuck big than when I'm ahead by a lot. It's been a gradual process in both respects. I used to quit early when I dropped a lot of money, but now I can stand to lose a lot more before I take a break. Unfortunately, my motivation to play when winning hasn't improved as much. Because of this, I could easily see myself playing through a 150-200 BB downswing, but I'd probably quit if I found out at any point I was up 100 BB or so.

Playing when winning.I don't have winner tilt, or even loser tilt, but I always find more motivation to play when I'm stuck big than when I'm ahead by a lot. It's been a gradual process in both respects. I used to quit early when I dropped a lot of money, but now I can stand to lose a lot more before I take a break. Unfortunately, my motivation to play when winning hasn't improved as much. Because of this, I could easily see myself playing through a 150-200 BB downswing, but I'd probably quit if I found out at any point I was up 100 BB or so.
Same here. I have a big urge to get back to even, while I know I shouldn't.
Mine is that I try to steal too many pots and when I get called I have trouble checking the next street
I share that weakness. I'm actually going to start writing down each time I decide to donk off my chips with TPTK to demonstratively show myself it's a losing play.More along the lines of your post I play very aggressively. I "double tap" a lot, meaning I fire twice when I sense weakness/draw from my opponent. I'm still on the fence as to whether or not this is profitable longterm.

Not giving away my winnings - I always seem to forget exactly how hard I worked to get " Up " & I am less patient, I guess looser, when I'm winning than when I'm just starting off or down a little ... tending to give back a lot of my winnings at the end of a long stretch

Paying off flush draws and quads, why is it I have to see it to believe that they hit?

Paying off quads is rarley a weakness, unless you are calling with nothing.
I have resolved that unless I'm in a ridiculous position -- eg: with like 5+ buyins sitting in front of me faced with a massively tight player who's gone all in -- I'm just going to pay off quads with my boats, as well as straight flushes with A-high flushes. More often than not, if you find yourself in those positions, some idiot is choosing a bad time to bluff you off a pot.

I've killed the "not quitting till even" weakness a while ago.Emotionally/mentally I'm much more stable than I ever was.I don't really tilt as I used to. I guess the last time I did was when I dropped 2k in a night playing outta my bankroll. That was two months ago now.I guess a weakness could be playing when I should be doing something else but I play anyways. Yea. That's it.I need to go read a book.- Jordan

- reading the forum while playing- reading the forum while at work- playing when depressed.- not going to sleep when in bad streak

Mine is big boobs and blonde hair.
mine's a perky ass on a spinner

Self Confidence...pure and simple. When I hit a bad run I have a tendency to get down on myself and that can't be helping my game. I also have trouble staying focused at times and end up donking off my stack in tourneys. One of the reasons I'm also not all that successful at NL cash games, I'm very susceptible to that one really stupid hand where I give away a bunch of chips. Oh, and I also get FPS when trying to defend blinds and stuff in limit sometimes (especially against good players), I can't even imagine how much that one has cost me. Let's face it, I suck.

My weaknesses:1) I suck at poker. (The rest don't matter after this.)2) Too many distractions. When I'm focused I clean up, when I'm distracted, well, you know.3) Multi-tabling to earn a bonus faster. Tried it this month, it cost me more than the bonus. I play too ... oh, frantic, I guess. Every hand seems urgent because there is another table demanding my attention, so I unthinkingly try to win *this* hand so I can get to my other table, on hands that on one table I could easily let go.4) I'm mostly over this one, but Playing Sheriff. If someone is pushing the table around, TP/TK is not the time to make a stand.

I would have to say for online play is getting a read on someone. In live play I have a lot less trouble putting people on hands. I feel like I have my hands tied when I play online. I see a lot of people making sick calls I just couldn't do.

Paying off flush draws and quads, why is it I have to see it to believe that they hit?
I know exactly what you mean. I always pay off a flush draw on the river.If they hung in there w/me i don't know why i don't believe them. When it's so obvious they hit.
I know exactly what you mean. I always pay off a flush draw on the river.If they hung in there w/me i don't know why i don't believe them. When it's so obvious they hit.
I think it's ok to pay them off..if you have bet enough along the way to make it profitable long term.If you bet too small and still pay off, then that's bad.Simply, if the final bet is small enough such that they never had the implied odds..I pay off, and smile.Also, if you'r ever against a weak wanna be TAG, and a FD comes in..but you don't have it..just play the hand as if that's what you're going for. And bet river accordingly. Hmm..maybe I should try that before recommending it.If you never payoff..you'll get moved off too many hands.