I can't decide what to do...Just two weeks ago I took a very extended break from work. I wasn't in the mood to go, so I said my Grandpa died. I used up all of my Paid Time Off, as well as my three days of bereavement leave :club: I have zero chance of being fired because my team is so small and they can't afford to lose anybody. I'm also looking to get promoted, which won't be helped by my frequent absence. It's nice outside, and I want to go golfing. Do you think I should say screw it and just leave despite having missed tons of time recently?First one to 10 wins. Oh the power you have over my life......EDIT: I FORGOT TO ADD A POLL....PLEASE TYPE IN YOUR VOTE BELOW WHATEVER ELSE YOU HAVE TO SAYYES- 1NO- 1Useless comment- 1

If you had my boss this wouldn't be a question. He'd say why are you even considering this? Of course golf is more important!Life is short, golf is eternal. Or something like that.

I can't decide what to do...Just two weeks ago I took a very extended break from work. I wasn't in the mood to go, so I said my Grandpa died. I used up all of my Paid Time Off, as well as my three days of bereavement leave :club: I have zero chance of being fired because my team is so small and they can't afford to lose anybody. I'm also looking to get promoted, which won't be helped by my frequent absence. It's nice outside, and I want to go golfing. Do you think I should say screw it and just leave despite having missed tons of time recently?First one to 10 wins. Oh the power you have over my life......EDIT: I FORGOT TO ADD A POLL....PLEASE TYPE IN YOUR VOTE BELOW WHATEVER ELSE YOU HAVE TO SAY
You don't have to quit, just don't show up.I'd suggest watching office space and smoking a doobie rather than depend on FCPers to help you.
Okay....seeing as how I can't get at least ten people to vote one way or the other, i'll just head to the bathroom and see what I can cum up with :club:
Go golfing, if ur not gona get fired, who cares. So long as theres no long term concequences............. :D

Office Space is the answer to everything work related.....--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Joanna: So, where do you work, Peter? Peter Gibbons: Initech. Joanna: In... yeah, what do you do there? Peter Gibbons: I sit in a cubicle and I update bank software for the 2000 switch. Joanna: What's that? Peter Gibbons: Well see, they wrote all this bank software, and, uh, to save space, they used two digits instead of four. So, like, 98 instead of 1998? Uh, so I go through these thousands of lines of code and, uh... it doesn't really matter. I uh, I don't like my job, and, uh, I don't think I'm gonna go anymore. Joanna: You're just not gonna go? Peter Gibbons: Yeah. Joanna: Won't you get fired? Peter Gibbons: I don't know, but I really don't like it, and, uh, I'm not gonna go. Joanna: So you're gonna quit? Peter Gibbons: Nuh-uh. Not really. Uh... I'm just gonna stop going. Joanna: When did you decide all that? Peter Gibbons: About an hour ago. Joanna: An hour ago... so you're gonna get another job? Peter Gibbons: I don't think I'd like another job. Joanna: Well, what are you going to do about money and bills and... Peter Gibbons: You know, I've never really liked paying bills. I don't think I'm gonna do that, either.

Office Space is the answer to everything work related.....--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Joanna: So, where do you work, Peter? Peter Gibbons: Initech. Joanna: In... yeah, what do you do there? Peter Gibbons: I sit in a cubicle and I update bank software for the 2000 switch. Joanna: What's that? Peter Gibbons: Well see, they wrote all this bank software, and, uh, to save space, they used two digits instead of four. So, like, 98 instead of 1998? Uh, so I go through these thousands of lines of code and, uh... it doesn't really matter. I uh, I don't like my job, and, uh, I don't think I'm gonna go anymore. Joanna: You're just not gonna go? Peter Gibbons: Yeah. Joanna: Won't you get fired? Peter Gibbons: I don't know, but I really don't like it, and, uh, I'm not gonna go. Joanna: So you're gonna quit? Peter Gibbons: Nuh-uh. Not really. Uh... I'm just gonna stop going. Joanna: When did you decide all that? Peter Gibbons: About an hour ago. Joanna: An hour ago... so you're gonna get another job? Peter Gibbons: I don't think I'd like another job. Joanna: Well, what are you going to do about money and bills and... Peter Gibbons: You know, I've never really liked paying bills. I don't think I'm gonna do that, either.
This is pretty much how I've left most of my jobs too. JS.
I can't decide what to do...Just two weeks ago I took a very extended break from work. I wasn't in the mood to go, so I said my Grandpa died. I used up all of my Paid Time Off, as well as my three days of bereavement leave :club: I have zero chance of being fired because my team is so small and they can't afford to lose anybody. I'm also looking to get promoted, which won't be helped by my frequent absence. It's nice outside, and I want to go golfing. Do you think I should say screw it and just leave despite having missed tons of time recently?First one to 10 wins. Oh the power you have over my life......EDIT: I FORGOT TO ADD A POLL....PLEASE TYPE IN YOUR VOTE BELOW WHATEVER ELSE YOU HAVE TO SAYYES- 1NO- 1Useless comment- 1
LMAO! :D
How is this not 'off topic'? Also, you should say screw it, and go golfing, it's the fast track to promotion.
Bob: I see you have been missing a lot of work lately Peter.Peter Gibbons: Well, I wouldn't say that I miss it much Bob.
Dude, what are you going to do when you're grandpa DOES die? Besides, I like it when people have an "I'm irreplaceable" attitude at work. Makes the decision on 'who to fire' much easier.
Exactly what I was thinking.I had two "amazing" employees and I am a small business with only 4 full-time workers.They thought they were irreplacable and started making ridiculous demands.They are both gone now and guess what? I'm still in business and doing fine.On the other hand I just left work early yesterday to go golfing. :club:
I'll vote for whatever you want as long as you leave here and don't come back
QFT.That being said, Go golfing, get fired, than not be able to post because you can't afford a computer or the internet.