Top 5 Poker Related Lies

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I'm up around 30K for the year...""Yeah that reminds me of the time I was at the table with Huck Seed, Phil Hellmuth, Stu Ungar, Johnny Moss, and Jesus Christ..... I walked away up 4K and I earned a lot of respect""I'm about to quit school and start playing fulltime"

1) "Just a few more hands and I'll be done".
LOL....Im famous for this one.....4 hrs later I'm still sitting......hey, if the games good, why stop??!!!! 8)
"I just didn't get the cards tonight"
Holy crap, sidebar time!Played last night in a total 3/6 B&m fish tank. It was beyond belief. I knew this and turned into granite man. Everytime I had a big pair or AK, AQ I limped in. And I missed every F-ing flop! I was getting rivered constantly by horrible cards, 2 pairs 8-5's off, 10-7's off, crap like that. Lost over $150 after letting my ego (and a few Grey Goose martinit's) become my guide. I actually left laughing. Gotta love that variance.Point is, sometimes it's true..."I JUST DIDN'T GET THE CARDS!".Best...
My God exists.
oh yeah? well my god beat up your honor roll student.
Its not hard to beat up an honor student. We should leave that to those who need self confidance, something God has enough of. :club:
and holy wow... this thread was dug up from teh grave...... why?
i mentioned why in my post..... said i was bored and wanted to bump a very very old topic to the front again..... its gotten a lot of responses already lol
Poker players love bluffing so much that they can rarely stop once they leave the table. Some of the more common 'misrepresentations of reality':1) "Just a few more hands and I'll be done". 2) "I came out about even" 3) "I have no problem folding AK when it misses the flop." 4) [While watching poker on ESPN] "See that guy, the one in the hat? Like two tables behind this main table they're showing -- see the one who just kinda stretched? Yeah, that's me." 5) "I won"
"I think I played really well"
"I have you beat, you would be wise to fold instead of giving me your money"
Hey... i say that in truth... because most of the donks I play with try to over-think verbal shit, and end up calling me anyways saying "you told me to fold so I really thought you wanted a call hehehehE!!!"lol