Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

This morning I stopped at a convenience store for a drink and snacks before I headed up the hill to Reno. While I was grabbing my last item I noticed a young lady (mid 20's probably) come in and tell the cashier that her card didn't work at the pump and could he run the card for $10 in gas. He runs the card and its declined.

She says "I'm out of gas, need to get home, and my husband said there's $10 on the card" (I assume it was a pre paid card) the cashier runs the card again but no dice. The girl walks off towards the ATM machine while I go up to pay and when I'm done I notice she's standing by the door crying, so I walked over, handed her my change $12 and told her I hoped her day gets better. The look on her face was priceless.

• Like 3

Ha! Believe me, I've been played before and had a strict no cash handouts policy but this girl was legit. She walked straight to the cashier and handed him the cash then after getting in my car I got a phone call so I sat there and watched her pump the gas.

Don't be such a cynical prick SA. There are people out there struggling to get by from day to day. I've been there and now that I can I'll help out a legitimate need when I see one.

• Like 1

Ha! Believe me, I've been played before and had a strict no cash handy policy but this girl was legit! She walked straight to the cashier and handed him the cash then after getting in my car I got a "phone call" so I sat there and watched her pump "the gas".

Don't be such a cynical prick SA. There are people out there struggling to get by from day to day. I've been there and now that I can I'll help out a legitimate need when I see one.

There you go.

your mistake is assuming the cashier wasn't in on it. most likely they are degenerates conning easy marks like tilty day and night.

describe her outfit to us.

You make me laugh SA so kudos for that.

I'm heading down for dinner and to see what's happening at the poker room.

My roommate and I have decided to part ways when our lease ends in February.

Wait; its basically May.

You mean February 2016? You've already 'decided to party ways' yet you have 9 months left on the lease? You're in for a long 9 months...

I had a couple roommates when I was younger. They all suddenly fled without notice when I was at work, like battered women.

• Like 1

Wait; its basically May.

You mean February 2016? You've already 'decided to party ways' yet you have 9 months left on the lease? You're in for a long 9 months...

I had a couple roommates when I was younger. They all suddenly fled without notice when I was at work, like battered women.

Yes, Feb 2016. It's not a we don't get along issue it's a "I'm going to be 28 and he's going to be 30 and we've already lived together for two years and we both make good money and don't need to have a roommate but we're both really lazy and didn't bother looking for new places to live before our most recent lease ended and moving is a pain so, f it, lets just agree to resign for another year and be ready next year".

Yes, Feb 2016. It's not a we don't get along issue it's a "I'm going to be 28 and he's going to be 30 and we've already lived together for two years and we both make good money and don't need to have a roommate but we're both really lazy and didn't bother looking for new places to live before our most recent lease ended and moving is a pain so, f it, lets just agree to resign for another year and be ready next year".

what's the difference in rent/expenses if you lived alone? $300/mo+?

for my situation, I could easily see my expenses going up from $450/mo to averaging $1k/mo, if I bought a nice, tiny house somewhere near work. I now save about $1200/mo and don't really want to see that go away (but it will within two years, for sure).

Probably somewhere between $300-$600 depending on where I choose to live and if I go one or two bedroom and if I decide to get cable or not. Right now I pay around $600. I think our rent is $825 by itself. Another $80 for utilities. Cable is $150. Garage is $50.

I don't want to say how much I save a month.

Wait; its basically May.

The time frame struck me, too. Speaking of being struck, battered women stay. They really think they can help you.

Tilty will run good at poker tonight. Karma

I hope this is true, but in my experience, life always screws with you.

Well, you were sort of right. There was a list so I sat in the bar and had a couple beers while I waited and decided to play some video poker. Won $60 in about a half hour. I considered that the karma pay back. I was card dead the entire time I played poker save for a couple hands. Between those and bluffing/semi bluffing a couple others I managed to leave down $100. So, $40 loss for 4.5 hours of play. Plus 4 free beers. Not horrible.

• Like 1

Almost forgot, remember that show King of Queens? A guy at the table was a dead ringer for the dad, Jerry Stiller. Looked at him a half dozen times convincing myself it wasn't him.

Almost forgot, remember that show King of Queens? A guy at the table was a dead ringer for the dad, Jerry Stiller. Looked at him a half dozen times convincing myself it wasn't him.

There's this show I watch, called Seinfeld, not sure if anyone has heard of it, but one the character's dads on there looks almost identical to the dad from King of Queens too, pretty crazy imo

• Like 6

tilty, dont let these a holes get you down. Jerry stiller isnt famous enough to be referenced without show context. I would have gone dad from seinfeld, but hey, to each his own and what not.

It's true. I like to call people out for making little errors, or being sacks of shit in general, but you know what? I'm the real shitbag, hiding in the shadows like a coward, pouncing at opportune times, but never putting myself out there. Tilty, you're one of the many heroes in this forum, so don't let me, or any other shitbag, get you down.

(I'm under the impression that Tilty is the one most likely to literally murder somebody from the internet, so just doing a bit of damage control here lol k )

• Like 3