I Called In Sick Today

my hygienist texts me, asking when I'm going to schedule my next semiannual appointment. we discussed this at length during my last showing, after she said she would send a reminder postcard. I was chair-bound at the time, so I couldn't give her the full roster of gestures to illustrate the point. I improvised as best I could to explain that I wasn't on the company plan, and clarified that I planned to be on said plan after open enrollment (eight months).

"not to worry. just now, I gave my teeth an on-the-spot exhaustive examination, and concluded that their current state is virtually unbeatable."

• Like 2
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

My diet as of late consists exclusively of antipasto, tamales, creme soda and either macaroni & cheese and/or creamed spinach from the Boston Market down the street. Its sort of a modified Atkins only high carb.

• Like 1

I need a pair of tortoise shell glasses of some sort but it's hard finding glasses that both fit and look decent on my face.

I really like Persol.

http://www.persol.com/usa/sunglasses/suprema/PO3055S/108-58#b

http://www.persol.com/usa/sunglasses/suprema/PO0649/24-31#b

These are cheaper than Ray-Bans, btw.

• Like 1

You saying that means way more to me than it should.

Sunglasses just feel like you should spend $5 at the gas station or enough that people will know you spent some money on them. My go to sunglasses now are a pair of black oversized Rayban wayfarers and I don't just want the same exact pair in a different color.

Edit: Now you're overestimating my budget. Feel free to retract your declaration of pride. $300 is probably my max and they better be perfect.

• Like 1

I had to go get what I thought would just be a piece of paper at the DMV this morning to keep driving for Uber and so I didn't put much thought into my appearance because I was hoping to go straight to the golf course afterwards.

Well, they had to take a new picture for a new license and I knew it wouldn't be what I want for the next 5 years so I declined renewing my full license knowing I'll have to be back for this song and dance in 6 months so I can come fully prepared. Hair still looked great but I didn't get my face right and I have a bad second chin. Hopefully when I come back I'm down another 50 pounds and I'll be good to go. Just a little thing called hashtag brand management folks.

Ray-Bans/Persol/Warby are all about priced the same and are about the same quality. I think the distinction is that Warby is for girls, Ray-bans are for basics, and Persols are for hipsters who actively try to not be basic.

Obviously of those three, I endorse the Persols at that price point.

Interstate corporations with no actual presence can be complicated, you can run into foreign-agent requirements and S corp isn't a type of a corp, its a tax election that is available to standard corporate structures (LLC's, C Corps, etc) which have pros and cons depending on your business.

People want you to go bald, because they didn't go to college and can't afford to take advantage of the modern state of medicine. It's exactly like girls who slutshame.

Ray Bans are yet another good thing ruined by 'trend' (about 15 years ago)... but they still sucked me into a pair of Gray Gradient aviators.

ec933fc64b12182c6506c1f9d1e76ce7.jpg

I actually hated Ray-Bans, until I read one of those articles about how they saved the brand by raising the price by a literal order of magnitude and rolling it all into marketing, and I realized what Winners Luxottica are.