I Called In Sick Today

yeah it did mention a discount if I got car insurance with them (think it was included in the price since I chose that option) and my insurance comes up in sept and I was thinking about shopping around. hell I don't know, could be the best $900 I ever spend really. can somebody give me $900?

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Fräulein,

I guess I'll take the bad dental luck. Just chew on the other side of your mouth or something.

As for clothes...the easy answer is "it depends". I have no idea what women's clothes cost because I feel like I'll have girl friends that will talk about how "like omg this dress was 93% off and cost me $3.40". So, $60? Oh, right, shoes, too. $100. Tops.

I spent around $800 for a wedding outfit last fall, but that was shoes, suit, shirt, tie. And I've gotten a lot more use out of it than just that wedding.

So, final answer...$1,050? Or how about 1/2 of your monthy income after any recurring expenses (rent, cell phone, cable, etc). Whichevers greater. Is that close enough to what you want the answer to be?

I'm going to need final approval before any purchases though. Or you could just tell me after what you bought.

Thank you, Boo. I appreciate the detailed answer. I'm still weighing my options.

• Like 1

I can't afford both.

and I can't really afford the land at my current salary (without some gnarly sacrafices) but if I don't buy it, it'll likely go up to auction and I'll lose it (while only getting a fraction of my half on the sale). it's got sentimental value too, plus it's like my favorite recreational spot. so the value plus all of that pretty much makes it a must buy.

Legit lol. Suited and Guapo already nailed it but JFC, you can't afford to insure all of your worldly belongings but you need 20 acres of usesless land? Can't afford both was funny. $900 a year vs $30k?

Well, it's official, Shake is the least responsible, financially speaking, on this thread. Took my title.

Strat probably threw up reading about shake's pendimg purchase.

• Like 5

Turns out a bunch of kids bought a stock that screws in the upper and makes it a "sliding bumpfire" doomaflauge. Worked quite well. Even looked like a well engineered and constructed item. Should be for four hundred dollar beers at the Plaza

Only a matter of time before BATF declares those to be MG's.

I'm well aware of what the eLawyer Internet Juris Doctorates say as to why they technically aren't but those people are naive. The real fun begins when they seize the customer list of the manufacturers and begin sending out letters and/or agents to 'collect them'. One letter ruling from the Tech Branch with their own 'interpretation' of why 'simulated auto fire' devices are NFA and that's that.

That's how the law works and that's what naive people and 'internet legal theorists' who've never seen the law in action don't understand. Bush wants to torture terrorists, he gets his council to write a letter that 'interprets' the statute in such a way that allows him to do it. Putin just shut down all the McDonalds in Moscow under 'cleanliness' violations, but its really just a swipe at the west.

Those bump-fire things are so gray area, tis only a matter of time.

I can't afford both.

and I can't really afford the land at my current salary (without some gnarly sacrafices) but if I don't buy it, it'll likely go up to auction and I'll lose it (while only getting a fraction of my half on the sale). it's got sentimental value too, plus it's like my favorite recreational spot. so the value plus all of that pretty much makes it a must buy.

so wait, if it goes up for auction, it'll go for less than what your relative is demanding to buy them out?

cool relative

Shake. My goodness. Insure your house. You should sell your car tomorrow and get a 1996 Geo Metro if you can't afford it. If your house burns down, what are you going to do?

Seriously. Don't even go to sleep (that shouldn't be a problem, amirite!?) until you have binding insurance on your current place.

• Like 1

Legit lol. Suited and Guapo already nailed it but JFC, you can't afford to insure all of your worldly belongings but you need 20 acres of usesless land? Can't afford both was funny. $900 a year vs $30k?

Well, it's official, Shake is the least responsible, financially speaking, on this thread. Took my title.

Strat probably threw up reading about shake's pendimg purchase.

This ,all of this, is gold.

Poor shake. At least the sex is free (for now) right?

I'm not sure why; it didn't help you figure out what 80% of $50k was.

80% LTV on the $100k, ass nugget. But your point is fair, like your sweet buttery Canadian skin. I did write it out incorrectly at a second glance.

You can do a loan or a line of credit. Before I go in with that, I'll give you the basics

Think about what your house is worth. $100k, then what you owe, $50k, subtract the two, $50k of equity, and the bank will lend you up to 80% of that. $30k

A loan is best for you because it's gonna be a fixed rate and you are making a bulk purchase. No need for you to have a line of credit with a variable rate, even though it's going to be lower right now. If prime rate ever goes up, so will your rate. You'd more than likely be able to lock it in but at a higher rate. Ask about that.

Do you have insurance on the house? You'll need that.

He owes $50k on a $100k piece of property. The bank will give him $30k, bringing the total lien to $80k, which is 80% loan to value

Phew, ok. I thought for sure my brain was turning to mush. Well, more mush.

I had a great ending to a mediocre day--my Gay BFF confirmed he's going to Chicago with me, and I got the wedding invite today.

Blah Blah wedding Blah Blah

"Dinner and Disco to Follow"

"FORMAL ATTIRE"

• Like 1

I thought Ron's explanation was great. I couldn't have done a better job myself (and understood less about it than he does). HELOC money is free as **** and enables an assload of increased economic activity. one of the main reasons why this last recession was so painful is the drop in home values and resulting decrease in HELOC availability.

but anyway, my dad is settling up my uncle's estate and I found out tonight what the number will likely be. no more cold dogs for this dude. moving up to fresh, hot hotdogs.

• Like 2