Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Who said musician didn't count?

well then, you have my answer. i'll be elvis for a year....well maybe closer to half a year. figure a month or so to get my demo/youtube noticed. 2-3 months to get past negotiations, into studio, post-production etc. tour for 6 months or so then fake my death or pull a Brian Wilson.

they might even intentionally walk a run home just to avoid the grand slam. That would be amazing.

It's already been done. More than once. I believe it was the Rockies that did the intentional walking. The hitter was Barry Bonds.

If it rains tomorrow, I'm not going to work.

Heh. I can't tell you how many times I've heard that since I've been down here. At first I thought people were joking. This morning the news was reporting from Big Bear. They got 3 or 4 inches of snow by the looks of the video they showed but the roads were clear. Chains were required in the area. LOL So Cal.

well then, you have my answer. i'll be elvis for a year....well maybe closer to half a year. figure a month or so to get my demo/youtube noticed. 2-3 months to get past negotiations, into studio, post-production etc. tour for 6 months or so then fake my death or pull a Brian Wilson.

I thought about musician. I think I would take the first week to make 10 YouTube length videos to slowly release over the next few months. Then the next six months writing the most awesome songs ever, followed by a month or two straight in studio. Then slowly release albums over the next 20 years.

This plan would work for being an author also.

Heh. I can't tell you how many times I've heard that since I've been down here. At first I thought people were joking. This morning the news was reporting from Big Bear. They got 3 or 4 inches of snow by the looks of the video they showed but the roads were clear. Chains were required in the area. LOL So Cal.

It's mostly just that the place is not built to handle rain. The entire architecture of the city was built pretending that it never rains. If I go to get lunch on campus on a rainy day, since 90% of the seating is outdoors, there are a million people crammed inside with no place to sit. It's just a huge hassle everywhere.

I don't think it's ever occurred to me that there might be places on Earth with exclusively outdoor seating. I guess it makes sense, if it genuinely never rains. What about wind?

I thought about musician. I think I would take the first week to make 10 YouTube length videos to slowly release over the next few months. Then the next six months writing the most awesome songs ever, followed by a month or two straight in studio. Then slowly release albums over the next 20 years.

This plan would work for being an author also.

not a terrible plan. but I think the fatal flaw is that touring revenue is typically much greater than album sales revenue for an artist. of course, if your canned music is still top 10 relevant after a decade you can still pull millions so I guess that's nothing to sneeze at. but I doubt the shelf life on "new" unheard tunes unless you're making the most general and vanilla flavor of pop music.

You could start a whole new genre: be the Cobain of your time. Good point on the touring. Maybe fake your death?

I don't think it's ever occurred to me that there might be places on Earth with exclusively outdoor seating. I guess it makes sense, if it genuinely never rains. What about wind?

Yeah, we don't have that either.

Yeah writing 30 amazing novels in one year and the releasing them once a year shrouded in mystery, never doing an interview, and staying off the grid would be cool. You'd still get a lot of money and be really cool.

LA is so beautiful after it rains! It washes all of the smog out, and for 24-48 hours I am giddy with all of the mountains and ocean I can see.

Napa, without discussing BC, can you go over your wedding clothing and accessory choices?

Brvy

Then slowly release albums over the next 20 years.

So true, because music written now will be super relevant 20 years from now

Yes, look at the ocean after it rains, but don't touch.

How come?

I live in FL. It rains almost every day from May until September

So true, because music written now will be super relevant 20 years from now

How come?

I live in FL. It rains almost every day from May until September

look no further than depeche mode. their stuff mostly sounds the same as it did back in the early 90s. NIN could be thought of similarly. there are probably others too.

How come?

Because all of the storm runoff goes right into the ocean.

When I first moved out here I was so excited to be able to surf every day and I had no idea about this and got sick several times going in after a rain. Its pretty disgusting. You're supposed to wait at least 3 days after a rain go in.

LA is so beautiful after it rains! It washes all of the smog out, and for 24-48 hours I am giddy with all of the mountains and ocean I can see.

Napa, without discussing BC, can you go over your wedding clothing and accessory choices?

Can I!

Navy blue suit (tailored, flat fronts, no cuffs on pants)

a white/blue small striped shirt

the third pair on the right of these socks

http://www.sperrytopsider.com/store/SiteController/sperry/Men'sDressCrewSock3-Pack/7-143260/catId/cat90046DM/stockNumber/S5108-3/skuId/***7********S5108-300000/subCatId/cat5590014/showDefaultOption/true/productdetails

these shoes (walnut calf)

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF6215_1_40000000001_-1

a white faced watch with a leather strap similar in color to the shoes

a brown belt similar in color to watch/shoes

this tie

http://www.thetiebar.com/order_page.asp?pn=24505&orderPageReturn=%2FcategoryPages%2FAll_Ties%2Easp&pg=1&categoryIds=31,22,19&optionValueIds=

no pocket square

• Like 1

Hey Napster,

When you were at the wedding and BC was getting so drunk that she passed out before you could give her the D, did you see that coming? Could you tell she was passing the optimal drunken state and tried to slow it down? Or were you getting excited that things were going to happen and then all of a sudden she is immobile?

Love the shoes, don't like the tie at all. Not a paisley or crazy pattern guy. I've come to embrace the power combo look, clashing stripes, stuff life that. Or solid shirt and powerful tie. Doesn't mean it didnt work in you, just stating what I've gravitated towards.

You should be. I even qualified my opinion. Take it easy tough guy, you already beat me once this week

And lets be honest, you live in Iowa and vacation in Minnesota. Not real fashion hotbeds