I Called In Sick Today

Which one is which?

Gary Larson poops on your Calvin and Hobbes guy

He doesn't really. I think they sit in stalls next to each other while both toilets drain into the mouth of the creator of Hi and Lois.

• Like 1
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Like a year or two ago Nike came out with all these prototype uni's that were super sweet and stuff, but then basically just kept them the same when they took over from reebok.

Well, if you look at Seattle, you can see what is possible. They have a Mohawk check pattern on the helmet, loud colors. And that was just a test run for them. I hear the dolphins are gonna get a makeover after this season.

I love the gloves and shoes.

And you guys know I love the pink, at least I did. Pink phone case, IPad cover, 6 or 7 shirts, etc, but even I think that the NFL should only do one week of pink cleats, gloves, chin straps, etc. a month is ridiculous. It actually makes me giggle that Cutler isn't wearing anything pink. Neither is Marshall. It's like they're saying, eff you, we like cancer and shit.

Seattle's uniforms are....different. I don't like the weird, awful green pattern down the leg on their home uniforms but they are different.

I agree on the pink. Way too distracting as much as the players are wearing tonight.

No...no I won't. But you can imagine what'd it'd be like if I did though, right? Right??

I love Chris Farley.

Oh, I quote Billy Madison the other day and I'm old. Napa does it and he's all cool.

I see how it is

I'm tired, can't sleep and have to be up in 6 hours.

I have a dilemma. I have a 4 day weekend this weekend. I told my parents, who I've seen once this year that I would come up to ATL. 7:15 min drive, approx. I don't want to do that, I'm feeling lazy. I know they are looking forward to our visit. But the thing is, they will never visit me. So it's on me to visit them. What do I do? Lazy time weekend for me or suck it up? Argghhh.

Oh, I quote Billy Madison the other day and I'm old. Napa does it and he's all cool.

What are you talking about!? I was the only one who complimented you on your reference earlier.

Okay, forgot to quote.

Someone's moving to LA, right? Working in Northeast LA, but willing to drive long distances to and from...

Well, assuming Northeast LA is code for Highland Park, Mt. Washington, Atwater Village, etc. I don't think you need to live that far. I mean, no matter where you live in southern California, you'll be living near at least three different gangs.

I'm white, aspire to back into middle class, and I feel safe walking and driving around.

I'm starting to apply for jobs, and have a quasi-interview set up.

Here's a question--there's a job I want, and I happen to know the guy who's responsible for doing the hiring. He and I have been emailing back and forth. He knows I want the job, and he's even asked me what my desired salary is.

Should I pay for lunch?

Okay, forgot to quote.

Someone's moving to LA, right? Working in Northeast LA, but willing to drive long distances to and from...

Well, assuming Northeast LA is code for Highland Park, Mt. Washington, Atwater Village, etc. I don't think you need to live that far. I mean, no matter where you live in southern California, you'll be living near at least three different gangs.

I'm white, aspire to back into middle class, and I feel safe walking and driving around.

Here's a question--there's a job I want, and I happen to know the guy who's responsible for doing the hiring. He and I have been emailing back and forth. He knows I want the job, and he's even asked me what my desired salary is.

Should I pay for lunch?

You should offer to. He should insist.

she told me I looked just like her first boyfriend in Okinawa.

pool.jpg

wondering what Bill Watterson has been up to the past 17 years

Also, I haven't been following what you all have been talking about. Let me guess. Looking for accounting jobs and not getting laid?

Lately hes been calling psychics and asking questions about their upbringing and blood types. Totally convinced that an undiscovered magnetic particle found only in certain types of blood is behind their abilities. Growing tomatoes and squash in a small garden protected from pollution by a super expensive tarp made with technology developed by the same folks that do R&D for a popular water filter company....

In other words, as close to Howard Hughes as our generation has seen

I know much more but I am promised a top spot in his will

I have a dilemma. I told my parents, who I've seen once this year that I would come up to ATL. 7:15 min drive, approx. I don't want to do that, I'm feeling lazy. I know they are looking forward to our visit. But the thing is, they will never visit me. So it's on me to visit them. What do I do? Lazy time weekend for me or suck it up? Argghhh.

Lets see... she changed your filthy stinking rotten diapers for years. At least two....maybe six. Show up with flowers in hand. If you dont Ill send them

She move with all five cats or has the pack thinned out in the last couple years?

In other news....

Ive been tweeting the shit outta things for the last several days and just now found out that they have been going to my junk folder instead of to twit pic

Brace yourselves for a barage of nonesense in the next day or so...

I look forward to it as always

I have a dilemma. I have a 4 day weekend this weekend. I told my parents, who I've seen once this year that I would come up to ATL. 7:15 min drive, approx. I don't want to do that, I'm feeling lazy. I know they are looking forward to our visit. But the thing is, they will never visit me. So it's on me to visit them. What do I do? Lazy time weekend for me or suck it up? Argghhh.

well if it makes you feel any better I don't think I'm going to my parent's place for either thanksgiving or christmas. can't get the time off. well, I could for thanksgiving, but I've got a ton of shit I need to do around the house and we don't really give a shit about thanksgiving, but christmas is on a tuesday so I'd have to drive back on christmas, which is kind of pointless, so oh well.

It was already awesome, but when Chael Sonnen showed up, I lost it.

yeah he was the best part by far. so random. and how did candace cameron get hotter? weird.

In other words, as close to Howard Hughes as our generation has seen

I know much more but I am promised a top spot in his will

How many urine jars does the top spot get?

This personality test is such bullshit and I don't feel comfortable answering all the questions honestly. If I did it would come back that I think most people are idiots and bad at things, but I still only see myself as adequate at most things and nothing special. Hopefully I still have a chance at that other job because this is going to get me fired.

well if it makes you feel any better I don't think I'm going to my parent's place for either thanksgiving or christmas. can't get the time off. well, I could for thanksgiving, but I've got a ton of shit I need to do around the house and we don't really give a shit about thanksgiving, but christmas is on a tuesday so I'd have to drive back on christmas, which is kind of pointless, so oh well.

You have to work on the 26th?! Ugg.

yeah he was the best part by far. so random. and how did candace cameron get hotter? weird.

I know, right? I also love the "just to get a base" line. Haley Joel nailed Mac on that line. "Bingo!"

Okay, forgot to quote.

Should I pay for lunch?

I will be a district manager so won't be working at the same place every day. Mostly the stores are in E. L.A. and Huntington Park it turns out. When I was talking to the hiring manager about possible areas to live he mentioned Palmdale since housing cost is lower the further away from the city you get. I would really prefer not to be that far out. Or in the High Desert. I've had a couple other people suggest going East to the Chino Hills, Eastvale area. So I'm looking for relatively cheaper house rentals but still reasonable proximity to the city, ocean etc... for recreational purposes. Also, mostly I'm just trying to get ideas of areas to check out once I get down there. I grew up in Southern CA and still have relatives there but don't have much reference on best places to live.

This personality test is such bullshit and I don't feel comfortable answering all the questions honestly. If I did it would come back that I think most people are idiots and bad at things, but I still only see myself as adequate at most things and nothing special. Hopefully I still have a chance at that other job because this is going to get me fired.

Yes. I hate them with a passion. Unfortunately damn near every company I've applied to over the last year has you take one of these tests as part of the application process.

• Like 1

It's not even for a new place. It's my current job. And then were going to have a half day meeting where we go over these results and how we can all work together better or something. Don't like it. Just let me sit at my desk and pretend to work.

Personality tests would be fine, even helpful, if companies actually did anything with them. But HR people are retarded, and they only make people take them because its the 'thing to do'.

ol/dr

I was talking about as part of the hiring process.

It's not even for a new place. It's my current job. And then were going to have a half day meeting where we go over these results and how we can all work together better or something. Don't like it. Just let me sit at my desk and pretend to work.

I realize that. (unfortunately) Brvy is right. HR people, maybe more than anyone else in corporate positions, love to jump on the flavor of the month. And personality tests, employee engagement tests and the like are the latest feel good-justify my salary gimmicks out there. It would be one thing if they actually affected change or made things better but what are you going to learn about your existing employees that you don't already know in most cases?

The Alabama tea bag guy got 2 years in the joint. Thats crazy. But after watching that video, I felt like he deserved to be raped, so I guess its all gonna work out. All of the people in that video deserved to be shot in the leg, at the very least.

Did I just pull a Strat? Anyone have any idea what I'm referencing?

I decided to make the trip. I'll have a four day weeked on Veterens Day and maybe again on Christmas. I aint going anywhere.

I quoted some stuff on the ipad at home, so yeah, answers answers laughs comments

More than his parents do, probably.

Heh.

Maybe the greatest 30 second video on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUP7eqlp8-s

I'm so excited for next Thursday.

It was already awesome, but when Chael Sonnen showed up, I lost it.

Can't wait yo get home and check that out. Did Mac lose the weight?