I Called In Sick Today

TO: Uncle RandyCC: Et AlWas there discussion of a book talking about how you need 10,000 hours of practice to be considered an expert at it? I read an article about this subject and thought I remembered some mention of it here. If you could let me know what book that was that'd be great because I have to do an informative speech for a class and I think this would be an interesting topic to do it on. Thank you.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Let's not bring up that question.How 'bout this question instead: Over the weekend, did anyone:A) Poop in a bagB) Intentionally have sex with a hookerC) Receive oral sexD) Have sex with my wife
definitely didn't do D. absolutely not. I will deny it forever.(I had sex with your wife.)
TO: Uncle RandyCC: Et AlWas there discussion of a book talking about how you need 10,000 hours of practice to be considered an expert at it? I read an article about this subject and thought I remembered some mention of it here. If you could let me know what book that was that'd be great because I have to do an informative speech for a class and I think this would be an interesting topic to do it on. Thank you.
I don't know the book but it made me wonder if I am an expert at CoD4. I have 494 hours logged online with that game. So not even close. Now I am a sad panda for knowing I have spent that much time playing. Now I gotta figure out how many hours a day I have averaged.
Outliers.I think Randy was the only who didn't say anything about it.
Strat and mk were talking about in relation to how good the Beatles were in different aspects of the music industry.
Outliers is the best of the 3, imo.That's one of the main points of Outliers-after 10000 hours practice, you can become a master at basically anything, if there is some talent there to begin with.
No I haven't. It does sound interesting and is causing quite the stir here. It is definatelymy kind of book. It reminds me of FLOW-The pyschology of the optimal experience.In that book he described many people he studied over 20 years that super-exceled at their craft, like an assembly worker, an Olympian etc. One they they all had in commonwas the ability to blank out and focus, almost to the point of not remembering the event when it happened. I guess it's now called being in the zone.I disagree with him if that's his point. Someone that access everything auditorily will likely never be a great painter. Though it is obvious thatanyone who practiced anything that much would get better. If it is the wrong thing they would obviously be miserable doing it though.
That's why I thought of Randy first. I just assume Randy has read every book ever.

.8 hours a day. Whew not as bad as I thought.Nothing more wonderful than having a state cop come into your office looking for a tenant who you always thought was trouble and turn out to be trouble. I hope she isn't home when he comes back with the search warrant so I can let him in.

Bizzle started by asking if I read Blink, which I do own but haven't read.
That's why I thought of Randy first. I just assume Randy has read every book ever.
Well, I have except those two and well, Nora Roberts.

The cabin that we hung out at this weekend is the ex-husband of that couple I told you about that got divorced recently. Couple things:His son is 2, barely speaks, and has some fairly noticeable emotional issues. (this probably is directed at VB) How much permanent damage has been created by his mother who banged some dude that is not his dad for 4-5 months in the bedroom conjoining his while he was supposedly sleeping and who now only sees him from 8-5 while she is basically babysitting him while the dad is at work?alsoMy wife rented a scary movie for Sunday night, A Haunting in Connecticut, which was not scary. At all. How bad is it that this friend, when a scary part supposedly happened, jumped 3 feet in the air and screamed like a school girl at the top of his lungs, all the while watching the movie with a blanket tucked over his nose so he can hide his eyes whenever he gets too frightened? And, how much does that have to do with why the kid is messed up?

The cabin that we hung out at this weekend is the ex-husband of that couple I told you about that got divorced recently. Couple things:His son is 2, barely speaks, and has some fairly noticeable emotional issues. (this probably is directed at VB) How much permanent damage has been created by his mother who banged some dude that is not his dad for 4-5 months in the bedroom conjoining his while he was supposedly sleeping and who now only sees him from 8-5 while she is basically babysitting him while the dad is at work?alsoMy wife rented a scary movie for Sunday night, A Haunting in Connecticut, which was not scary. At all. How bad is it that this friend, when a scary part supposedly happened, jumped 3 feet in the air and screamed like a school girl at the top of his lungs, all the while watching the movie with a blanket tucked over his nose so he can hide his eyes whenever he gets too frightened? And, how much does that have to do with why the kid is messed up?
I don't see any connection between any of these circumstances. Just get the kid some Ritalin. That's how doctors work today, right?
Theres an eighty seven percent chance that Ill be at the air races this year....
Do you fly out of the airport at Minden? I worked there for a summer and a friend of mine still owns a glider business there.
I can think of a few things.
wonderful!
kinky
The cabin that we hung out at this weekend is the ex-husband of that couple I told you about that got divorced recently.
you hung out inside of another man for an entire weekend? way to one up all of us guap.
Didn't Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert do a segment on this a week or so ago? I feel like you would know this. And that's the only reason I knew that Fox News was the #1 rated news show. So you better answer "yes" to my question, otherwise I'm just going to tell you you are wrong. I can't remember if it was Stewart or Colbert. Maybe it was Conan...
I read one article today that was from 2/09 that FNC had been #1 for 86 consecutive months. That was surprising to me. I can't find any recent numbers though. The part of the country known as dumbfuckinstan must have this running 24/7 on their TV's.
I don't watch as much TV as you do. explain.
I hate people todayJust had the following conversation with an upcoming guest. picture the whiniest, most nasal voice ever: crazylady: "i'm coming to stay with you this weekend, and i want to make sure we can get FoxNews on our tv" Ouch8s: well i'm sorry, foxnews isn't really available in canada crazylady: "well it should be, it's the top rated news channel in america "Ouch8s: well we don't get it crazylady: "that's because you don't like teh conservative viewpoint "Ouch8s: umm Ouch8s: actually it's because the licensing isn't possible Ouch8s: because foxnews doesn't sell it to canada crazylady: "well i'm going to be there for the anniversary of 9/11 and i don't know what i'm going to do if i can't watch foxnews" Ouch8s: ...... crazylady: " i think i'm going to call them and see what i will be able to do with the internet then" Ouch8s: ok, you do that i was going to go to subway for lunch but i don't want to have to deal with the chips issue.
You should have offered to call Fox News and renegotiate an international deal with Canadian tv providers. No hospitality, these canadians.
My wife's Grandfather passed away a couple days ago. Her father lovingly texted this information to her.
...at least he told her?
His son is 2, barely speaks, and has some fairly noticeable emotional issues. (this probably is directed at VB) How much permanent damage has been created by his mother who banged some dude that is not his dad for 4-5 months in the bedroom conjoining his while he was supposedly sleeping and who now only sees him from 8-5 while she is basically babysitting him while the dad is at work?
This would be fine if they could teach the kid to just suck it up and not be a pussy.
My wife rented a scary movie for Sunday night, A Haunting in Connecticut, which was not scary. At all. How bad is it that this friend, when a scary part supposedly happened, jumped 3 feet in the air and screamed like a school girl at the top of his lungs, all the while watching the movie with a blanket tucked over his nose so he can hide his eyes whenever he gets too frightened? And, how much does that have to do with why the kid is messed up?
But this suggests that they won't, and this kid is indeed screwed.
I don't watch as much TV as you do. explain.
A) I don't watch much television. Unless you count having sportscenter on in the background while I do homework or play on the computer.B) I just kind of assumed that you casually watched The Daily Show and the Colbert Report.