I Called In Sick Today

WHO MISSED ME??Hehehe, I cnat quit giggling. im a weeeeeeeeeeee bit drunk! I went over to my neighbors house and drank some "moonshine". God, that stuff is AWFUL! But it definitely does the job, thats for sure.Thanks to everyone for all the well wishes too. I appreciate it. A kind word goes a long way.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

FYP62 Things to Do After Sex: A Practical Guide For Any Sickie Situation16 - Tip Mai Ling the extra $25…Cdub/GoBears/Socal37 - Reload for round two…Cdub59 - Fluff up the coat pile and get back to the party…Cdub/Clint
I'm wondering about the bolded ones.Does #37 mean that I'm jerking off? or actually getting laid?Does #59 mean I'm having sex with the coats? or banging a girl at a house party?Either way I'm satisfied.

I posted this in the Challenge thread but would also like some advice from you guys as well.So advice time;In Australia there is an allowance called Youth allowance that you can get if you are studying full time. To get Youth Allowance your parents have to either earn under a certain amount of money a year or you have to be declared independant. Even though I live away from home, I wasn't considered independant, because you have to earn a certain amount of money. I have now earnt that amount. So next year when I go back to Uni I am quitting my job and living of Youth Allowance and supplementing any extra costs with poker. I would probably be quitting my job at the end of Febuary, beggining of March.I was planning on going away overseas this year to Japan for a couple of months, but decided against this for a variety of reasons, mostly because we have to move houses sometime during Febuary. So at the end of December when work asked for Holiday availability I didn't give any as I was unsure of my plans. My family has planned to go away for Christmas to holiday house and I would like to spend some time with them. However I now have no time off over Christmas/New Years. So I'm considering quitting my Job 2.5 months early and living of poker exclusivly. I can't get Youth Allowance until March because I'm not actually studying at the moment, having suspended my studies last semester.I have enough money in savings that if all went to shit I would have enough to survive until I could get Youth Allowance, or if really desperate a new Job, but obviously I don't want to be spending that money. I have a comfortable roll for nl100 at the moment. I'm a bit worried about doing it because so far all my profit has gone into building a roll and I don't know how I'd handle a breakeven month, or worse losing, if I was trying to survive off poker. Also I have been very unhappy with my Job for a couple of months now. It's a bit strange because it's almost better in every way than my old job, and while I made small complaints about it, I never actually hated my old Job. Old job was delivery driver on a scooter. New Job call centre. New Job has better pay and no nights past 8 pm, but sometimes the phones can drive me crazy. I've had the past week off work and it's been great, spending time with housmates/friends, and except for a few days with family I have not found it difficult to put in hands either.What advice can you give me, should I quit my job just before Christmas or should I work through the holidays and quit as planned next year?

I posted this in the Challenge thread but would also like some advice from you guys as well.So advice time;In Australia there is an allowance called Youth allowance that you can get if you are studying full time. To get Youth Allowance your parents have to either earn under a certain amount of money a year or you have to be declared independant. Even though I live away from home, I wasn't considered independant, because you have to earn a certain amount of money. I have now earnt that amount. So next year when I go back to Uni I am quitting my job and living of Youth Allowance and supplementing any extra costs with poker. I would probably be quitting my job at the end of Febuary, beggining of March.I was planning on going away overseas this year to Japan for a couple of months, but decided against this for a variety of reasons, mostly because we have to move houses sometime during Febuary. So at the end of December when work asked for Holiday availability I didn't give any as I was unsure of my plans. My family has planned to go away for Christmas to holiday house and I would like to spend some time with them. However I now have no time off over Christmas/New Years. So I'm considering quitting my Job 2.5 months early and living of poker exclusivly. I can't get Youth Allowance until March because I'm not actually studying at the moment, having suspended my studies last semester.I have enough money in savings that if all went to shit I would have enough to survive until I could get Youth Allowance, or if really desperate a new Job, but obviously I don't want to be spending that money. I have a comfortable roll for nl100 at the moment. I'm a bit worried about doing it because so far all my profit has gone into building a roll and I don't know how I'd handle a breakeven month, or worse losing, if I was trying to survive off poker. Also I have been very unhappy with my Job for a couple of months now. It's a bit strange because it's almost better in every way than my old job, and while I made small complaints about it, I never actually hated my old Job. Old job was delivery driver on a scooter. New Job call centre. New Job has better pay and no nights past 8 pm, but sometimes the phones can drive me crazy. I've had the past week off work and it's been great, spending time with housmates/friends, and except for a few days with family I have not found it difficult to put in hands either.What advice can you give me, should I quit my job just before Christmas or should I work through the holidays and quit as planned next year?
Hmmm....Over the years Ive found that the moment you HAVE to do something its not near as easy as it was before...For example, if I HAD to work on cars for a living I sure wouldnt look forward to restoring my own at home after hours. I also probably wouldnt put forward the effort quality wise, either...Also a lax schedule is a recipe for disaster unless you can get motivated easily. I cant imagine playing cards for a living but Ive been self employed for most of my adult life and know for a fact that once you get used to the "lifestyle" its almost impossible to work for "the man" ever again.I would suggest moving forward with your intended studies and career path as soon as possible. Leave the card playing as a hobby/second "job" until youre settled in and comfortable in lifeHope that helps some...
Post with horrendous spelling and grammar but serious enough content to make speedz decide not to be overly agressive about mocking each error.
Quit before Christmas. It's extremely helpful to have a month or two of relaxation before you go back to school.I agree with beans...maybe live off of your savings and play poker more often, but not necessarily as a Job*.*Did any other AD fans read "Job" as "GOB" because of the capitalization?
Over the years Ive found that the moment you HAVE to do something its not near as easy as it was before...
sage advice. There's a ton of psychological research that supports the notion that people who do things for intrinsic value experience a huge decline in motivation/interest the minute value is shifted elsewhere. This held true for me. At almost the instant I decided to try to make some kind of a job out of poker, I stopped caring about learning and tried to sustain what I'd accomplished when I was using poker as a distraction from college. It wasn't long until I started to come up with excuses to NOT sit and play. I might have actually made something of myself at poker if I had kept that desire to learn.This is not to say that focusing on college was such a bad decision... I just wish I was at least competitive at the game I spent so much of my life playing. I am sad and embarrassed that bizzle is so much better than me these days.
WHO MISSED ME??Hehehe, I cnat quit giggling. im a weeeeeeeeeeee bit drunk! I went over to my neighbors house and drank some "moonshine". God, that stuff is AWFUL! But it definitely does the job, thats for sure.Thanks to everyone for all the well wishes too. I appreciate it. A kind word goes a long way.
you're getting bad moonshine. I had some this weekend that was delicious. peach I believe. man, it was good. you yankee faggots have no idea what you're missing here.
What advice can you give me, should I quit my job just before Christmas or should I work through the holidays and quit as planned next year?
you australians with your crazy "jobs" and "christmases." what will they come up with next?but really, my advice would be to keep the job and work until a couple of weeks before you start school again. 1st reason: like beans said, you won't enjoy playing poker for a living when you "have" to, more than likely, so that could end up sabotaging your income stream completely. (hehe, "stream") 2nd reason: quitting a job without notice and/or when they need you is never a good career move, even if it is a very early one in your career. you never know when you'll need a good review, and you never know who might help you on down the line. burning bridges is a bad idea. help them out now, give them plenty of notice when you leave, and write all their contact info down for references later. and the 3rd reason: after 2 weeks, not doing anything gets very boring. even for me, and I'm clinically lazy.
Quit before Christmas. It's extremely helpful to have a month or two of relaxation before you go back to school.I agree with beans...maybe live off of your savings and play poker more often, but not necessarily as a Job*.*Did any other AD fans read "Job" as "GOB" because of the capitalization?
but didn't you almost completely DISagree with beans? except for not playing cards, I assumed he meant to keep his job. maybe not. but you're still a faggot. beads.

Thanks for the advice so far guys, its awesome. Sorry about the spelling Speedz, I was at work stuck on Iexplorer rather than Firefox. Grammar on the other hand I can only blame myself for. Sorry for being an idiot.Shake - quitting before Christmas allows me to give two weeks notice, which is all I need to leave on good terms and get a nice reference letter, since I'm a casual worker. I could also probably get another job there down the line since, when I'm on time, I'm a really good worker. Not that I would probably want a job there again down the line. I could theoretically quit tomorrow because I'm casual, but then I could expect fuck all from them down the line.Beans - I don't know how this relates to working for the man, but my life goals pretty much don't include ever working an "office" job. My plan is to actually become a firefighter, which, at least where I live, has a roster of four days working, four days break; with two of those days being night shifts. This creates a lot of free time, so I'm going back to Uni to finish my degree majoring in Computers so I can get part time/contract, software writing work. While I can only imagine that firefighting will require a certain amount of strictness, that combined with other stuff will be very different from a corporate, "for the man" lifestyle. I think. Speedz - Yeah, holidays are important. I wouldn't even be contemplating this except for the fact I'm getting no holidays at the most important holiday part of the year. That and I dislike my job.Strategy - Thats a big fear. I really didn't want to make this choice before making it to nl200 because I felt that was a level where I could comfortably sit for a while without feeling the need to move up.Edit: Goddamn Shake makes some good points, why did you have to be the voice of reason. I was really looking forward to saying fuck it, you're only young once. I'm off to bed, I'll give it some more thought tomorrow.

Edit: Goddamn Shake makes some good points, why did you have to be the voice of reason. I was really looking forward to saying fuck it, you're only young once. I'm off to bed, I'll give it some more thought tomorrow.
I win

FalconHead-As far as the members of this thread go, I believe I'm one of the few people that has actually done exactly what you're talking about. A few years ago I said "Fuck it," and decided poker was going to be my sole source of income. Within 2 months, I started really, really hating playing online poker. The first few weeks the routine was fine -- 40 hours of high-traffic play/week, 20ish minutes/day reviewing hands and futzing around in poker-tracker and excel -- but it started slipping. I started winning early, then quitting for the day. When poker became a job, I just didn't like it anymore. I don't like HAVING to be somewhere or do something, and the moment I HAD to play poker for a certain amount of time each day, the moment I started liking the game less.After a few years, I absolutely fucking hated playing poker. All forms of it. Just couldn't stand it. The game made me furious. In any given month, I'd play enough to make my rent payment, utility payments, and buy whatever odds and ends I wanted, then shut it down. I'm probably not representative of the average poker-player -- I'm lazy, I'm angry, I'm... lazy -- so take what I say with a grain of salt. I did, however, make really good money and put myself in a situation where I didn't have to do any kind of real work for a very long time. I traveled a bit, and lived a very free life.

five posts since i went to bed, and all about career advice?:lookingaroundhimselfconfusedface:where the hell am i?I may have to call in sick tomorrow out of protest.

Thanks for the advice so far guys, its awesome. Sorry about the spelling Speedz, I was at work stuck on Iexplorer rather than Firefox. Grammar on the other hand I can only blame myself for. Sorry for being an idiot.Shake - quitting before Christmas allows me to give two weeks notice, which is all I need to leave on good terms and get a nice reference letter, since I'm a casual worker. I could also probably get another job there down the line since, when I'm on time, I'm a really good worker. Not that I would probably want a job there again down the line. I could theoretically quit tomorrow because I'm casual, but then I could expect fuck all from them down the line.Beans - I don't know how this relates to working for the man, but my life goals pretty much don't include ever working an "office" job. My plan is to actually become a firefighter, which, at least where I live, has a roster of four days working, four days break; with two of those days being night shifts. This creates a lot of free time, so I'm going back to Uni to finish my degree majoring in Computers so I can get part time/contract, software writing work. While I can only imagine that firefighting will require a certain amount of strictness, that combined with other stuff will be very different from a corporate, "for the man" lifestyle. I think. Speedz - Yeah, holidays are important. I wouldn't even be contemplating this except for the fact I'm getting no holidays at the most important holiday part of the year. That and I dislike my job.Strategy - Thats a big fear. I really didn't want to make this choice before making it to nl200 because I felt that was a level where I could comfortably sit for a while without feeling the need to move up.Edit: Goddamn Shake makes some good points, why did you have to be the voice of reason. I was really looking forward to saying fuck it, you're only young once. I'm off to bed, I'll give it some more thought tomorrow.
I have no good advice to add that the guys haven't already said so this is me requesting pics of the Australian Firefighter.Australian Firefighter needs a place in the 2008 calendar, right JJJ?
Australian Firefighter needs a place in the 2008 calendar, right JJJ?
I had an idea for the 2008 calendar, but somebody stole it from me before I put it into place or told anyone about it. I don't know how he did it; he's very sneaky. I might still do it, but I won't be happy about it.Does anybody have any other projects for me?
I had an idea for the 2008 calendar, but somebody stole it from me before I put it into place or told anyone about it. I don't know how he did it; he's very sneaky. I might still do it, but I won't be happy about it.Does anybody have any other projects for me?
I would like to know what the idea was that was stolen. I'd imagine it was by speedz since you said that he's very sneaky, and he's jewish. but i haven't seen him come up with any worthwhile ideas in at least a year. what a loser.other projects:5 minutes pass...I don't know, thats your damn job

When I was walking home from class today I met a guy dressed as a chicken in the crosswalks. I asked him why he was crossing the road and he just kinda laughed.Also, some of you might remember that this spring my brother got me a job at the autobody shop that he works at emptying the garbages and sweeping and shit like that. Pretty easy work but it just sucked because I was always running out of things to do and I hate trying to look busy. Well, I quit at summer and got a much better job and then quit when school started to concentrate on school and because that job was in a different town and wouldn't be worth working for the few hours I could work. Well, today my brother called me and said the kid they had hired to take my bitch job is going to be in the hospital for a few months and that if I want I can come back and work because everybody loved me there because I actually did the job. The perks being I'd make at least $8.50 an hour for doing relatively easy mindless work which means more money for beer and that I could come and go whenever I wanted because they just want the garbages emptied and the place swept every once in awhile. The downside being that it's work, would really cut into my afternoon nap schedule, and that it's just crappy work. I don't really need the money but like I said could go towards beer money or maybe a spring break trip or something. I've also found myself really bored as of late because my classes don't require much studying so I have the time, I just don't know if I want to give up this lax schedule I've come to enjoy.

you're getting bad moonshine. I had some this weekend that was delicious. peach I believe. man, it was good. you yankee faggots have no idea what you're missing here.
Well you have to remember, I hate any hard liquor and am for the most part (until Im too drunk to know the difference) a beer drinker. Well, except vodka cause that has no taste. But thats besides the point.Im a yankee faggot who has no idea what Im missing there.
I have no good advice to add that the guys haven't already said so this is me requesting pics of the Australian Firefighter.
I second this request.
Does anybody have any other projects for me?
I thought of one last night, but I cant remember it now.
how rude!
I knooooooooooooooooow, right?? I mean, its not like I posted a pic of my one true love, did I? Sheesh!My one true love:5337.jpg
This is something less than helpful.
As if this surprises you.
how rude!
Good news/bad news for you, Shake. I saw that picture and immediately thought of posting the same thing. Speaking of Good news/Bad news, I had this conversation with my immature father the other day:Wang: "Ahoy hoy?"Father: "Hey, son."(pleasantries)Father: "Oh, I remember why I called you. I have some news."Wang: "Yeah?"Father: "Actually, it's a good news bad news kinda thing..."Wang: "Okay, hit me."Father: "Well, the good news is, I recently came into possession of 3 really nice hooded sweatshirts that you'd like, and next time I see you, they're yours."Wang: "Really? Swee-"Father: "Don't get too excited just yet. Bad news: They were owned and worn by a black person."Thanks, immature father.
Good news/bad news for you, Shake. I saw that picture and immediately thought of posting the same thing. Speaking of Good news/Bad news, I had this conversation with my immature father the other day:Wang: "Ahoy hoy?"Father: "Hey, son."(pleasantries)Father: "Oh, I remember why I called you. I have some news."Wang: "Yeah?"Father: "Actually, it's a good news bad news kinda thing..."Wang: "Okay, hit me."Father: "Well, the good news is, I recently came into possession of 3 really nice hooded sweatshirts that you'd like, and next time I see you, they're yours."Wang: "Really? Swee-"Father: "Don't get too excited just yet. Bad news: They were owned and worn by a black person."Thanks, immature father.
to be honest, the picture didn't come up for me at first, I was just giving a stephanie tanner quote. I used to and still do love stephanie tanner. pre and post meth addiction.good news/bad news. black people. man, thats great.