• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

We just want you to stay 5G capable brvy that's all.

I slept pretty much all day Friday, back to normal yesterday ~feeling dangerous~  I've never had a shot make me so sleepy. 

• Like 1

look at brvy, caving like a sheep.  

not me, boys. i know what to do here.

Hvz9.gif

seriously though i'll be getting my vaccine soon. though i do hate needles and im a little scared. 

• 2 weeks later...

well the attitude era was better than the golden era, but hogan and savage did do great work in their time. 

i wonder when strat will forgive ronny and come back. damn shame what ronny did to strat. 

On 3/12/2021 at 1:33 PM, Napa_Don said:

My dad died a little over a month ago from covid. I assure you he’d still be here today if he hadn’t caught it. I haven’t been able to stomach coming back here to just see more posts about how it’s not a big deal. So that’s where I’ve been. Consider me triggered. 

Very sorry to hear this, man.  Hope you're doing ok.

On 1/30/2013 at 11:26 AM, brvheart said:

Suited and I will still be here in 2023, and we'll make sure there isn't a drop off. Hell, with Suited as one of the two active members, there will be at least 50 accounts posting. It will make this place seem vibrant.

we're on track for this one. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

...not if you don't keep posting!  

Tell us about some interesting legal stuff that has happened at work.  Just change names and details.

On 5/13/2021 at 5:20 PM, brvheart said:

...not if you don't keep posting!  

Tell us about some interesting legal stuff that has happened at work.  Just change names and details.

i wouldn't use the word interesting. there was an argument over the transfer of a "special trustee" power provision to a beneficiary himself. I am on the side of the intent is clear that he cannot serve as his own "special trustee" based on the way it is written and the power granted to any then acting "Special trustee."  essentially being if there is a "special trustee" acting this special person can only approve or reject the recommendation of the independent trustee (me) on any distribution to the beneficiary. the "special trustee" cannot override me, or change my recommendation, only reject if they  should deem such a distribution imprudent. so i said to the beneficiary, the answer to your question is pointless because obviously you will not reject a distribution to you that i recommend. you asked for $5,000 i recommended $3,000, and any acting "special trustee" cannot overrule me, only cause you to get less by saying they won't even approve $3,000 - so the answer is quite clear, my judgment is the max and you are not harmed by no one acting in that capacity (his siblings all declined because he is a pain). 

talk about EXCITEMENT. 

• Like 1

Actually, that IS exciting and interesting.  I could read that stuff all day long and never get bored.

Your job actually seems pretty great.  You get to legally piss people off all day long.  Why didn't you just give him the 5k.  Why just shave 2k off?  Just being a dick?  What if he asked for 10k?  Do you still end up at 3?

did you give your kids an allowance? if you gave them 10 a week, why not 20?  

It's a combination of so many factors it would be hard to explain exactly why, but the basics are size of the trust, need of the beneficiary, prudence of providing the support. this particular person has a documented history of being bad with money, so my primary goal is preservation so that monthly support can last as long as possible.  3000 a month is around 3.6 percent of the trust per year. take fees and other costs and call it 5 percent a year spent. we should be able to maintain that level of distribution and preserve the principal in case of emergency.  the trust will last for his entire life, so i have to make sure money is still there in 35 years if at all possible.  not to mention a duty to the remaindermen.  

so while yes people often get mad at me, i have the responsibility to make sure they get money for life and i cant do that giving them whatever they want.  he said to me, this isn't what my father wanted.  i said if your father wanted you to get as much as you wanted the trust wouldnt exist. so i disagree. his father left the bank in charge for a reason. because he wanted the money to last as long as possible and so here i am, the jackass at the bank ruining people's lives. 

• Like 1

After being delayed due to overall circumstances last year, I got a raise yesterday...the amount that I should've gotten last year plus this new year. So that was a welcome surprise.

• Like 1
On 5/28/2021 at 10:41 AM, CobaltBlue said:

After being delayed due to overall circumstances last year, I got a raise yesterday...the amount that I should've gotten last year plus this new year. So that was a welcome surprise.

I got a pretty big COVID bonus this year, which was nice.  My raise was lower than I wanted, and I think I've decided to ask for more.  (I don't normally do that)

My year is basically done tomorrow afternoon.  I'm in Washington DC with the family next week and then I'll be in the office a few days.  On the week of the 14th I'm going to two Brewers games.  I have first row tickets to the Brewers/Reds on the 16th of June, which should be fun.  Then I'm in Utah the end of June and beginning of July.  We have a family reunion July 4th and then I'm free for several weeks.  I'm looking forward to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:  Washington DC was fun.  We also spent some time on the Outer Banks with the kids.  They are getting to the age that this feels like the last big trip we might have been on with just the kids and no spouses.

What are you guys up to this summer?

ps.  I got my J&J vaccine.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2021 at 6:02 PM, brvheart said:

I love you.

I love you to brvy. Was I The only one who couldn’t access the forum for the last 30 days? It kept telling me the connection wasn’t private and my browser wouldn’t let me visit the site. Weird shit. 

Only thing new for me is something is wrong with my shoulder. I woke up one morning and I couldn’t lift my arm at all. It’s gotten better, and I can move it but it’s weak. I can’t lift any weight. Getting old sucks. 

the second shot of the vaccine ****ed me up. I felt bad for like a week. Made me regret getting it to be honest with you bros. 

I had absolutely zero side effects from the shot, but that's probably because I had COVID.

I am dealing with Sciatica, which is like plantar fasciitis, but your entire leg.  It SUCKS.