I Called In Sick Today

I would say Johnny becoming Sally at 15 and then dominating the sport is just as infrequent of 5 alpha reductive phraseology compartmentalizations syndrome, or whatever it was called. 

I’m not saying I agree that a “boy” can just flip to a girl and start winning track meets, but it’s more complicated than that.  And do you really think they are doing it just to win races?  You don’t think the grief they catch from society is greater than the joy from winning?

it’s all just so silly, but I don’t think there are many “boys” changing to girls and becoming gold medalists.  It’s just anecdotal bs to fire up the masses.  Same with the bathroom bs controversy. 

I ain’t want no burly man peeing with my little girl.  

It’s all just a smoke screen to rile people up.  Like there is effing security at all women’s bathrooms stopping men from going in and being bad regardless if they are wearing a dress or not. 

there is middle ground, but nobody wants to give an inch, especially on one side.  I refuse to do false equivalencies.  Not saying the left doesn’t have its share of kooks and unreasonable people, cuz they do, but it ain’t near as many as the right 

• Like 1
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I guess I chased Strat off with my comments?  

While that wasn’t my intention, and i like JeffyD, I won’t apologize for my stance.  I will apologize for maybe being overly harsh (I apologize) but you don’t frigging give dental tips to someone you barely know over a zoom convo because you think you are helping them and it’s something you don’t like about them.  That’s just not even a little cool.  

I hope he comes back by and shares more about his dating grind. 

15 hours ago, vbnautilus said:

therefore we shouldn't change our greenhouse emissions 

I know no one that takes this position.  I think everyone knows the Earth is in a warming cycle.  I also think that everyone hates pollution.  I think that, generally speaking, everyone likes the idea of electric cars, and it happy the technology is improving every year.

14 hours ago, Ron_Mexico said:

I’m just shocked that the earth is more than 5000 years old 

Big Science is lying about that.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ron_Mexico said:

it ain’t near as many as the right 

Hard disagree here.  You just don't hear about it.  But I agree with most of this post.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Ron_Mexico said:

I guess I chased Strat off with my comments?  

While that wasn’t my intention, and i like JeffyD, I won’t apologize for my stance.  I will apologize for maybe being overly harsh (I apologize) but you don’t frigging give dental tips to someone you barely know over a zoom convo because you think you are helping them and it’s something you don’t like about them.  That’s just not even a little cool.  

I hope he comes back by and shares more about his dating grind. 

I honestly don't think he was chased off anywhere.  Everyone is just sporadic in checking the board these days.  Strat knows you, he's not going to get offended by something so small.  He isn't Tilty.

2 hours ago, Ron_Mexico said:

I would say Johnny becoming Sally at 15 and then dominating the sport is just as infrequent of 5 alpha reductive phraseology compartmentalizations syndrome, or whatever it was called. 

I’m not saying I agree that a “boy” can just flip to a girl and start winning track meets, but it’s more complicated than that.  And do you really think they are doing it just to win races?  You don’t think the grief they catch from society is greater than the joy from winning?

it’s all just so silly, but I don’t think there are many “boys” changing to girls and becoming gold medalists.  It’s just anecdotal bs to fire up the masses.  Same with the bathroom bs controversy. 

I ain’t want no burly man peeing with my little girl.  

It’s all just a smoke screen to rile people up.  Like there is effing security at all women’s bathrooms stopping men from going in and being bad regardless if they are wearing a dress or not. 

there is middle ground, but nobody wants to give an inch, especially on one side.  I refuse to do false equivalencies.  Not saying the left doesn’t have its share of kooks and unreasonable people, cuz they do, but it ain’t near as many as the right 

i would agree, the occurence of either case is very rare, which is why the topic annoys me. it is being used to push a culture war and paint people like me as bad people. 

but as to why they do it, i don't really care. i dont think we need to base the rules around the outlier. i feel bad for transgender people, i really do. it must be insanely discomforting to feel so confused about who you are. but my sympathy ends when you start demanding i agree with your every viewpoint. 

I do agree wholeheartedly that the issue is completely overblown. we never needed bathroom laws or any of that shit. if some creep is doing it that law isn't going to prevent it or enhance it. and most likely the creep is gonna meet swift justice from a father anyways. we don't need congress to get involved.

but that is my feeling on most things. 

1 hour ago, brvheart said:

I honestly don't think he was chased off anywhere.  Everyone is just sporadic in checking the board these days.  Strat knows you, he's not going to get offended by something so small.  He isn't Tilty.

RIP TILTY. PRAYERS UP MY TO GUY IN HEAVEN.

2 hours ago, SuitedAces21 said:

i would agree, the occurence of either case is very rare, which is why the topic annoys me. it is being used to push a culture war and paint people like me as bad people. 

but as to why they do it, i don't really care. i dont think we need to base the rules around the outlier. i feel bad for transgender people, i really do. it must be insanely discomforting to feel so confused about who you are. but my sympathy ends when you start demanding i agree with your every viewpoint. 

I do agree wholeheartedly that the issue is completely overblown. we never needed bathroom laws or any of that shit. if some creep is doing it that law isn't going to prevent it or enhance it. and most likely the creep is gonna meet swift justice from a father anyways. we don't need congress to get involved.

but that is my feeling on most things. 

Right, and I mostly agree with what you wrote.  Mostly normal, non radicalized Trumper Q crazy people can find a lot of common ground where we are.  Sadly, there are vocal minorities that drive the car into a guard rail.  

that being said, the same stuff used to be said about gays, gay marriage, etc.  They didn’t want special treatment, they just wanted the same rights as you and I.  Not more, just equal.  Beyond that,  I honestly don’t know enough about what trans people are fighting for.  I always assumed it was just simple equality.  But much like blacks at the lunch counter 60 years ago, giving them any rights makes some people feel like they are losing their rights.  

being a bigot and hating a certain group aren’t rights anyone can fight for.  Eff those people.  But they try  

see, this is why we have a problem. i can acknowledge someone's right to be whatever they want so long as they aren't hurting anyone, but they don't get to tell me 2+2 = 5 and call me a bigot for stating a universal truth - men and women are the not the same, and one cannot simply become the other, no matter what they do to their bodies. cut off your dick for all you want, i don't give a ****. take hormones, wear dresses, be happy. but you aren't a woman in the way a born woman is a woman, and you never will be. no amount of PC bullshit is going to change that. 

me too, just do what you do and don't talk to me about it, i always say.

i tell you what though, it's a good thing i would never hurt myself or be suicidal as i fear death above all things and want to live forever, but every time i see PENN NATIONAL GAMING STOCK i want to ram my head into a brick wall. for the rest of my life there will never be another fvck up like this. if i just put in a market order for 10k instead of a limit order at 4.50 i probably get 2000 or so shares that day. it's trading at 120 plus today and i should punch myself in my useless dick and balls. 

• Like 1

Anh, you can’t do that.  Why didn’t you buy Amazon 10 years ago, or Apple, or any number of other stocks.  That type of stuff is a pointless exercise in frustration 

• Like 1

I'm thankful that I bought a measly 5000 shares of Doge last week.  That's one thing I've done right lately.  With Elon still tweeting about it yesterday, I'm hopeful it will keep going up.

On 2/2/2021 at 9:12 PM, SuitedAces21 said:

what is the prevalence of these truly gray area cases cause by genetic or biological from birth differences?  and how many of those cases are competing in sports and gaining advantage so serious the competition is disrupted?  

the controversy is not about the one in whatever number of people have 5-alpha-reductase deficiency, it's about preventing johnny who becomes sally at age 15 and starts dominating the races.  we shouldn't abandon women's sports in the name of being politically correct. 

the answer to this problem is easy - common sense. the people who are gaming the system, even if they are doing it because they truly believe they are a woman, have to be prevented from competing. sucks but that's life, you don't get special treatment because you think you were born in the wrong body. 

It really only takes one, doesn't it? Some one intersexed person to dominate an event and you have to deal with the issue.

It is happening with Caster Semenya right now.  She was assigned female at birth, so with your rules is a female, but is XY genetically and runs like a man. 

On 2/3/2021 at 8:02 PM, SuitedAces21 said:

see, this is why we have a problem. i can acknowledge someone's right to be whatever they want so long as they aren't hurting anyone, but they don't get to tell me 2+2 = 5 and call me a bigot for stating a universal truth - men and women are the not the same, and one cannot simply become the other, no matter what they do to their bodies. cut off your dick for all you want, i don't give a ****. take hormones, wear dresses, be happy. but you aren't a woman in the way a born woman is a woman, and you never will be. no amount of PC bullshit is going to change that. 

I agree with you that this is a well-intentioned mistake. 

The fact that categories have fuzzy boundaries does not make them useless or invalid as categories. The sun has a fuzzy boundary. 

But you also can't go so far the other way that you fail to have a compassionate system for those people within the fuzzy area. 

On 2/10/2021 at 2:00 PM, vbnautilus said:

But you also can't go so far the other way that you fail to have a compassionate system for those people within the fuzzy area. 

no system can result in perfect outcomes for everyone, so we must endeavor to design out systems to maximize good for the highest number of people. trans youth do not deserve preferential treatment at the expense of the 99.9 percent.  we could change the rules of every sport so that those with cerebral palsy are allowed to compete and penalize everyone else to make the game fair, but that isn't really the point of sports. and they certainly shouldn't allow me to compete in the special olympics because i can be OCD about color patterns and cleaning the kitchen counters. 

common sense needs to win the day. and these movements are lacking in common sense. 

On 2/5/2021 at 3:02 PM, brvheart said:

I'm thankful that I bought a measly 5000 shares of Doge last week.  That's one thing I've done right lately.  With Elon still tweeting about it yesterday, I'm hopeful it will keep going up.

If you want an actual legitimate crypto project, grab some Nano.

https://old.reddit.com/r/AltStreetBets/comments/ll0wif/why_im_so_enthusiastic_about_nano_and_why_you/

That seems really complex, Colby.  I'll look into it though.

I'm headed to Boston tomorrow.  I'll be there until Sunday.  Maybe I'll run into Thera!

I drove around Speedz old stomping ground, Tufts yesterday.  Medford is kinda crappy.  

On 2/23/2021 at 5:44 PM, brvheart said:

That seems really complex, Colby.

If you don't dig to deeply into understanding the underlying tech, it's actually about as easy as crypto goes. Download wallet...receive money almost instantly with no protocol fees.