I Called In Sick Today

Last post of August.  I miss you guys!

I'm looking forward to football season, unless we pull a Nebraska in our first game.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Seriously.  I've been nervous all summer about this season.  Hawk fans will be insufferable if we don't win 9 games minimum.  Do you have tickets to the Hawk game?

14 hours ago, brvheart said:

Seriously.  I've been nervous all summer about this season.  Hawk fans will be insufferable if we don't win 9 games minimum.  Do you have tickets to the Hawk game?

No, I have no tickets to games. I think I’ve been to maybe 2 games since i had to give up my season tickets when they bowled in the south end zone?  

my friends and I always talk about picking a game and getting tickets and then never end up doing so. We discussed going to the UNLV game until it came out you had to buy UNLV season tickets and plus with the ‘rona and all. Might try to make it to the WVU game since I’ll probably be back in Iowa for thanksgiving but I doubt it. 

On 9/5/2021 at 10:16 AM, Napa_Don said:

Welp. 

Horrible.  I feel like crying and it's not even Saturday yet.  Come on, Matt Campbell.  Do your thing.

On 9/8/2021 at 9:31 AM, Napa_Don said:

I do not understand how not only did we open as favorites against Iowa, the number is still going up. If I had access to a bookie I I would probably put some money on Iowa and hate myself. 

I was just talking to a buddy about this last night.  I think I'm going to put some money on the Hawks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/20/2021 at 9:44 AM, CobaltBlue said:

Bitcoin new all-time high.

How high do you think it will go?

I have 1 Ethereum and 3000 doge.  That's it.  I'm not a speculator with investing.

On 10/28/2021 at 10:30 AM, brvheart said:

I have 1 Ethereum and 3000 doge.  That's it.  I'm not a speculator with investing.

You could have some free Nano if you download and play around with WeNano. (Free geocaching with crypto.)

Have we talked about Ted Lasso in here?  (haha, we haven't been "talking" about anything)

I really enjoy it.  Coach Beard is great and I love how everyone genuinely apologizes.

My favorite thing ever, now that Suited has died, is imagining just talking to myself in here every week for years.  Me in this thread, Fritz in the happy birthday thread, never talking to each other, but both doing our part separately to keep this place going for the occasional drop in. 

It's just you an me now Fritz!  Ride or die.

• Like 1

Yes, coach beard is great and his response to the leak about ted’s panic attack was hilarious. He consistently makes me laugh.   

i also think Isaac is underrated. 

and I was shocked to see that the actor who plays the African billionaire played Richard in VEEP. His accent and lack of glasses really through me off. 

nate is such a little bitch. If it wasn’t for Ted he’d still be washing jocks and getting bullied by the players.  He should be worshiping the ground Ted walks on. I hope Rupert ****s him over next season. 

• Like 2

Fun fact…the Xmas and coach beard at night episodes were filmed after the first 10 because apple ordered a 12 episode season after they already had them story lined out and maybe even in the can. Which is why they didn’t really advance the plot at all. 

• Like 1

My three favorite beard moments from s01

- when they tell them it’s been 60 years since they won at Everton and he goes “Jesus Christ” 

- after the man city game when the new Nate tries to give Ted a bottle of water and he looks at beard and he has a “**** if I know” look on his face 

- “RONALD REAGAN?! THE ACTOR!?”