I Called In Sick Today

Funny you say that, we have been watching Property Brothers on DIY channel. They show people a house that has everything on their wish list and it's always about $300k over their budget, then the show them fixed uppers that are cheaper, have a Reno budget and get what they want without going broke

Ya, that's pretty much the scenario here. We would have to buy a house that is about that much more than our costs, but we can increase the value tremendously. Although I am conscious of the value increase we will give, it's definitely not the driving reason.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

All the ribs at ribfest were crazy good even though they were all made in crockpots. I'm smoking ribs for next year and taking home the trophy. They also sent me home with a ton of leftovers. And my friends brought me a take and bake pizza from my favorite pizza place in the cities. Eating good today friends.

• Like 1

a lazy, fat sunday is a good sunday. wish i could do that myself. starting soon, though, we will have the greatest thing on earth to entertain us all weekend. FOOTBALL.

CANT WAIT GIF.

In the same week we e had ribs cooked in water baths and crockpots. Ugh. I get in in the winter time when you're craving ribs and it's too cold outside to smoke but using a crockpot in the summer is just lazy.

• Like 2

Some of the "judges" we're even complaining how you can't even find a place in town that DOESN'T smoke ribs except for Applebee's. I just wanted to say "ya, no shit they don't smoke, THEY MICROWAVE. WHY WOULD YOU WILLINGLY CHOOSE THAT!" but I refrained. Ribfest is really just an excuse for some friends to get together and drink some beers and eat some food. BUT STILL.

• Like 3

Your assumptions usually are.

I think the pilot was drunk cause we wobbled into that landing. Got my heart pumping. We kind landed, then got all the way landed, and the second bump caused a heart flutter. No Bueno.

Made it from my apartment to my gate in 38 minutes, and that was with the economy parking bus going dead and coasting to the very front of the terminal. Winners win, folks.

Winners don't park in economy parking and ride the bus to the terminal.

• Like 2

Some of the "judges" we're even complaining how you can't even find a place in town that DOESN'T smoke ribs except for Applebee's. I just wanted to say "ya, no shit they don't smoke, THEY MICROWAVE. WHY WOULD YOU WILLINGLY CHOOSE THAT!" but I refrained. Ribfest is really just an excuse for some friends to get together and drink some beers and eat some food. BUT STILL.

Heh. A lot of people think ribs aren't "perfect" unless they literally fall off the bone. They should be cooked low and slow so the meat is tender but still bites off the bone easily. I know you know this and I totally get the fun with friends thing.

Some people don't love smoke. Some things can be overly smokey, so I get different ways to prepare things

I like some smoke, but if it's too much, I don't love it

Cheeseburgers and Onion Rings

I had some cheese buns left over from the Egg Benedict (actually the buns were left over from garlic bread I made a couple nights ago, I didn't want to do a whole loaf for just Nick & I but they came in packs of six). I decided to make cheeseburgers for lunch.

Formed the patties in Heston Blumenthal's style - take the ground beef loose from the grinder and keep the "grain" of the grind vertical and loose in your burger to keep them moist and loose. It was easier than I expected. Season with a spicy pepper mix.

IMG_5133.jpg

I forgot to take a picture of the onion ring assembly line, but it's simple. Cut the rings, dip into a mixture of buttermilk and egg, dredge in flour seasoned with ancho, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper, back into the eggwash, then cover with breadcrumbs. Bake for 15 minutes at 425. I put the bacon in the oven with them a few minutes later; next time I'd put them in at the same time and remove the bacon early (it's done in about 10 minutes in a pre-heated oven) as I had too much all going on when the onion rings were ready.

IMG_5136.jpg

Patties go into a hot oiled cast iron. Don't move them until you see the juices pooling on top, then flip and cook for about two more minutes.

IMG_5135.jpg

Cover with sliced cheese and cover the pan to help the cheese melt. They're done in about 4-5 minutes so try and time it to finish with the rings.

IMG_5137.jpg

I toasted the buns in the oven for a couple minutes just as the burgers were finishing. Next time it would be close to right to swap the bacon for the buns in the oven. Garnish with lettuce, tomato, bacon, ketchup, mustard, and relish.

IMG_5140.jpg

Or just boil the whole plate in a water bath for 48hrs.

• Like 5

basically, it's $90 more for the tires for the bigger rims, what is the functional difference?

Is the odometer and speedometer not being accurate or a decrease in MPG not a functional difference? If you're just changing the rim size but keeping the overall tire diameter the same it shouldn't matter. If you do change the overall tire diameter and if the technology hasn't changed your odometer and speedometer will not be accurate because it will change the revolutions so you will be going faster than the speedometer says (if you go bigger, vice versa if you go smaller).

Will changing rim size but not the overall diameter affect how it drives? Not enough for her to notice.

Is the odometer and speedometer not being accurate or a decrease in MPG not a functional difference? If you're just changing the rim size but keeping the overall tire diameter the same it shouldn't matter. If you do change the overall tire diameter and if the technology hasn't changed your odometer and speedometer will not be accurate because it will change the revolutions so you will be going faster than the speedometer says (if you go bigger, vice versa if you go smaller).

Will changing rim size but not the overall diameter affect how it drives? Not enough for her to notice.

so, let me ask you this. if she went with the 16" tires, and she currently has 15", would that require some kind of added expense to swap out the rims, along with the above problems you describe? I'm trying to figure out, what would have happened if she had just listened to the person at the tire counter.

so, let me ask you this. if she went with the 16" tires, and she currently has 15", would that require some kind of added expense to swap out the rims, along with the above problems you describe? I'm trying to figure out, what would have happened if she had just listened to the person at the tire counter.

This seems obvious but we're all having trouble understanding each other. To change from 15" to 16" tires, she'd need new wheels. That's going to be expensive. The odo and speedo will not be 100% accurate afterwards, but the difference is very minor - see here: http://www.csgnetwor...calibcalc.html.

• Like 1