I Called In Sick Today

Made the purchase.

Went to the store (a big box kind) and was happy to see their price was $20-$50 lower than I'd found elsewhere. Checked it out and asked the guy to write it up. He sends me to take the safety test and I'm told the system is down. So I go back to the sales guy, he checks the system to verify its down, which it was, then says he's going to call a local shop to see if their system is working. It is so he sends me there to do the test before coming back to finish the paperwork and pay.

Get to the other place and the guy checks his system and, sure enough, it working. So while he's getting the test going he asks what I'm buying.

Me "Beretta 92fs"

Him. "<nods> then says "I'll match their price"

Me " well, I already spent some time with the other guy but if you want to make it worth my while to buy it here that's cool"

Him "what's their price?"

Me " $599"

Him "..." Ok, well, start on the test and I'll be back"

Him " I called xxx and they verified that's their price"

Me " mhmm...."

Him " I'll do $550 if you buy it here"

Me <nearly pulls my shoulder out of its socket pulling out my debit card and handing it to him>

Lowest price I had seen online locally was $619 so I was happy at $599. #winning

• Like 2
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

none. it's a very illogical business I got going here. actually I made 1% on the cash back.

I gotta quit.

The first step is admitting you have a problem.

Circa 2003'ish, some large PD dumped a shitload of Beretta 92's and CDNN had them for $249 a piece. Bought one.

Worn on the outside but brand new on the inside. All cop guns are like that.

Napa I'm 99% sure you're wrong on gun purchases in Iowa. That's worse tha a ccp in most states. Maybe I read it wrong.

And tilt, good purchase. I've had a 92f centurion (look it up) for more than a decade. Super accurate and dependable. Like it way more than my glock, which is saying a lot.

Thought I had something derogatory to say about strat but I forgot.

Oh, yall know I was right down the road from that shooting? Crazy shit.

Starting to watch that netflix show Narcos. Riiiight in my wheelhouse.

Oh, that's right, napa you should start smoking. Good thing to do. Totes cool. I'm smoking right now. Couldn't be cooler.

Chicken Pot Pie

IMG_5115.jpg

Usually I boil the veggies and chicken to prep the filling but I tried the chicken sous-vide (90 minutes @ 150) this time. This meant I didn't have the boil the veggies nearly as long either. Shockingly, this far improved the pie! I may try to do the veggies sous-vide in the chicken bag next time, but I don't think it will be hot enough to soften the veggies. Maybe I could do the veggies in the bag at 180+ degrees for 30 minutes, open the bag and add the chicken, reseal and cook at 150 deg for the chicken?

IMG_5118.jpg

Someday I will figure out how to get a piece of pie out of the pie plate in one piece. I think it may require magic?

• Like 2

You live in Roanoke iZuma? That is an underrated town.

Now that VA and NC are getting 'discovered' by a certain kind of hipster, I'd expect that town to eventually land on their radar since it offers a lot. Does it have craft breweries yet?

Close to there. Smaller town about an hour away. But there have been a good amount of craft breweries poppin up in the Charlottesville area in the past few years. Devils backbone, blue mountain, etc. we have good water and cheap labor. So lots of good beer.

But yeah, roanokes an underrated town. Wouldn't say city, but it's bigger than this shithole lynchburg and a lot less fallwellesque.

Its always kinda been my 'bug out town' if I ever decide to bail on where I am now.

Discovered the place by accident one year driving from Miami to the High Point Furniture Market with some chair and table designs I'd done with a gay Cuban. Someone from Roanoke bought our display, so we drove it up there, I was kinda shocked at how cool the downtown was.

An unfortunate number of (insert word here), but that's to be expected in any southern city.

Hey scroom if you were going to do a stylish, yet cost effective solution to pool decking, what would you do? Say 1200 square feet worth. It's currently aggregate concrete, but I need to cut out a bunch of it to fix a drain that was done by inbreds and I want to update the entire space.

Shit, compared to the rest of Virginia, it's a lot smaller percentage than you'd think. I mean including va beach and Richmond. Pretty ivory.

OH... speaking of which, last weekend we went to nova, and for the first time I went to a Total Wine (awesome) and a wegmans. Hoooooly shit wegmans is awesome. I'd move INTO that grocery store if it were allowed

Hey scroom if you were going to do a stylish, yet cost effective solution to pool decking, what would you do? Say 1200 square feet worth. It's currently aggregate concrete, but I need to cut out a bunch of it to fix a drain that was done by inbreds and I want to update the entire space.

Stamped & dyed concrete is the nuts for pool decking.

http://www.concretenetwork.com/photo-gallery/concrete-pool-decks_9/

What? No. That's stupid. Go with dirt. Like the mexicans. That's where it's at.

Seriously though this guy cooks meat in a shitty cooler COME ON. at least I have a yeti. Jesus.

I don't know what I'm aspousing at this point but I'm sure it's correct. I mean scram responded to me.

• Like 2

Edit: (not an actual edit): that green egg shit is dumb. Don't do that. Sams club can get you five smokers for that price.

Unless you're napa, in which case he's got all the smoke he needs. Like a ****ing winner.

• Like 1

frankie Rowland's and the pool place across the street are all I remember of Roanoke.

Edit: I think I was close to shake one time for work at a bar as well, but he was busy... Maybe next time.

YEAH... we had a moment, back then, early 2000's, you came to Lynchburg. You saw the butch dyke at the ale house! Closest I've ever been to a sickie. My homie. What ever happened there? Whatevs, I still say if I ever win the lottery I'll get the whole gang together. Today's crew plus hobbes ddidm ghostface (remember that guy?) kers shit man the whole lot of ya. There's a whole bunch of others, but if look it up.

Not gonna happen though, cause I would have to win the lottery, and that's a shit chance.

Still no ron Mexico or suited though. Let those ****ers die in the gutter. Just kidding, they'd **** each other, that's why I'd leave them alone!

Its like anything else. It depends how much work you can do yourself. If you have to write checks, then the best stuff is unavailable unless you have a shit-ton of disposable income. It also depends on your own aesthetic tastes.

Post a picture of some piece of fine art that you find attractive. From that, I'll be able to tell you what pool deck you probably deserve.

• Like 3

Circa 2003'ish, some large PD dumped a shitload of Beretta 92's and CDNN had them for $249 a piece. Bought one.

Worn on the outside but brand new on the inside. All cop guns are like that.

San Francisco maybe? I know they were wanting to go up to .40 cal and had Beretta and Glock come in and give bids. Apparently the local Beretta rep didn't offer a good price, wouldn't take their 92's on trade etc... And Glock offered them the world and gave them a good trade in price on the 92's along with a bunch of spare parts for the new guns. Not sure that the timing matches exactly but may be where the flood of used guns came from. From what I've heard Berettas customer service to individuals is much better than to LE for whatever reason. Making enough money off the military I suppose.

Its like anything else. It depends how much work you can do yourself. If you have to write checks, then the best stuff is unavailable unless you have a shit-ton of disposable income. It also depends on your own aesthetic tastes.

Post a picture of some piece of fine art that you find attractive. From that, I'll be able to tell you what pool deck you probably deserve.

OK, I'll play.

I can do a lot myself (doesn't mean I will), but I cannot pour concrete. House is a ranch with Craftsman styling. Older kidney shaped pool with your typical rock waterfall with large granite boulders and moss rock.

The more I spend on pool decking, the less I can spend on the whole house remodel.

Here is a piece of art

vladimir-kush-metaphorical-journey-1370160141_org.jpg

This is mine*: http://www.artic.edu...s/artwork/34116

Have you seen this thing in person, Scram? I feel like aliens were involved in its production.

*I don't actually think the "look" of this piece is the greatest thing ever... but the craftsmanship is otherworldly.

Here is a piece of art

vladimir-kush-metaphorical-journey-1370160141_org.jpg

Are you just messing around, or do you really have a love for this painting? Are you into surrealists? Do you like Kush's other stuff?

• Like 2