I Called In Sick Today

I read the godfather in my formative years (my 20s). That is were I learned of the saying "He's a man with a belly." Meaning he is a man of hearty appetite for all things and, furthermore, has the means to indulge those appetites.

It was then that my dream of having the wealth to become Orson Welles fat and still be able to attract early 20s sluts through conspicuous consumption and sheer ostentation began.

It all went so, so wrong...

• Like 2
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

you have to hook up your own water? the title company takes care of that here. FLORIDA!

If by hook up, you mean switch our account address, yes. But we needed the HUD statement that we got at closing yesterday afternoon...so there was almost no leeway.

We finally got it working about 10pm after an after hours phone call...they apparently never put in this afternoon's service order. They're going to try to charge an extra $60 for the after hours part, but my wife has vowed to fight it.

Fixed for truth

Fvcker

Congrats. Happy for you.

Thank you! The donation is from one of the classier people in town. I admire how smart she is regarding philanthropy, and what an organization can do. Her involvement is a chirping canary--every nonprofit is crazy, but if so and so is involved, then things must be doing well.

• Like 2

Its bobby bonilla day, the greatest buy out in mlb history.

My eyes are very dry and itchy. Ive never had allergies before, but im starting go wonder whats going on.

• Like 1

It seemed a little hazy last night, but i only noticed because of what you said. So i cant be sure.

How you feelimg big dog? Everything back to normal, organ wise?

The Bobby Bonilla deal is....something. 1.2M payday years after retiring. No wonder the Mets always suck.

I'm feeling OK. Still coughing up a bit of flem but it's getting progressively better. I'm not as tired all the time. At my last blood test a few weeks ago all my "numbers" were back in normal range. I have a doctors appointment next week where he'll hopefully tell me I can start doing more than just light walks. Maybe get the OK for an occasional beer.

• Like 1

Hey, progress may be slow but its progress and we're making it.

Guy at work resigned. Typical around here. Gonna miss him. Theres now no one left of the 6 people who were in my department on my first day.

I was walking last night and this girl jogged past me from behind and it scared the fvck out of me. I jumped. I had my headphones in and normally there isnt anyone else out at that time of night. Felt really ashamed.

• Like 1

I feel like such a dweeb when I go on walks and that people are judging me for just walking. This is why I need a dog.

They probably just figure you can't afford a car.

I'm in Vegas for the night. Thinking I may go over to the RIO just to see what's happening at the WSOP and maybe fan boy some pros.

Crazy thing this morning. I get out to my car to take off and the inside is SWARMING with these tiny ants. I had left an almost empty cup of iced tea in the cup holder and they were just all over it. They were everywhere. I get out and walk around to the passenger side and there is a steady stream of ants going down the front of the car, down the tire to the ground and into a storm drain I hadn't realized I parked in front of.

My guess is that with the drought they somehow detected and were attracted by the liquid in the car? Craziest thing I've ever seen.

Then I had to figure out what to do about them. After moving my car to another area of the parking lot I looked and All I had was a bottle of bug/tar remover in the trunk so I started spraying them with that and brushing them off and out of the car. I finally got most of them and took off but I had to stop twice to douse more ants that were coming up out of the passenger side window. Got to Vegas hours later and there were still a couple of the bastards crawling around. Made sure there was nothing in the car they'd want so hopefully they'll make their way out over night?

you have to get a new car, this one is forever unclean. but it is crazy that they would smell that iced tea and make their way out of the gutter and into your car. nature is amazing sometimes.

you have to get a new car, this one is forever unclean. but it is crazy that they would smell that iced tea and make their way out of the gutter and into your car. nature is amazing sometimes.

Believe me, I gave a lot of thought about how to convince the boss I needed a new car.

I was walking last night and this girl jogged past me from behind and it scared the fvck out of me. I jumped. I had my headphones in and normally there isnt anyone else out at that time of night. Felt really ashamed.

nice dumper?

found a place for $80k, 10 minutes from work, $115 HOA fee, 2br2ba. works out to like $550/mo + utilities, with 20% down at the 3.99% 30yr rate I'm being offered. the only drawback is having to keep my car outside, but it's not like I have a nice car or anything. at that price I honestly don't even care if I lose like $5k selling it... that is literally a breakeven of like 2 years vs. renting a 1BR apartment at $750ish.

I can't believe anyone rents in this town.

• Like 3