I Called In Sick Today

Ate at the seafood buffet at the Rio. Absolutely crushed the crab table. Still feel like I might burst. Expensive though at $48. Which is $8 over my daily meal allowance. Oops.

I got carded buying a pack of cigs. In Las Vegas.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I went to the rio buffet when i was there last month. I thought it sucked, hard.

My computer is still updating. I fvcked it up somehow.

The regular buffet or the seafood buffet? They have two. The seafood buffet was really good though overpriced. But every buffet on the strip is imo.

Crazy thing this morning. I get out to my car to take off and the inside is SWARMING with these tiny ants. I had left an almost empty cup of iced tea in the cup holder and they were just all over it. They were everywhere. I get out and walk around to the passenger side and there is a steady stream of ants going down the front of the car, down the tire to the ground and into a storm drain I hadn't realized I parked in front of.

My guess is that with the drought they somehow detected and were attracted by the liquid in the car? Craziest thing I've ever seen.

Then I had to figure out what to do about them. After moving my car to another area of the parking lot I looked and All I had was a bottle of bug/tar remover in the trunk so I started spraying them with that and brushing them off and out of the car. I finally got most of them and took off but I had to stop twice to douse more ants that were coming up out of the passenger side window. Got to Vegas hours later and there were still a couple of the bastards crawling around. Made sure there was nothing in the car they'd want so hopefully they'll make their way out over night?

Because I'm kind of a general sugar fiend, I've had my share of ant swarms/trails. Really hate how invasive they are. For a car, I recommend buying some of those ant bait traps.

We actually had the tiny ant problem at my old house. If you left anything remotely sugary out for a brief period of time on one side of the house, they'd start making their way to it. I think they were in the walls. I sprayed their trails occasionally that usually shut them down for a while. The problem was when there wasn't a clear trail...so you couldn't really tell exactly where they were coming from.

When we put our outside table in the pod, it was flipped over and they were swarming that for some reason...I sprayed it all down...must've killed hundreds. Well, despite our efforts to not put in any food, I guess my mom packed the Keurig in there and threw in a few of the little pods for hot chocolate. When my wife was unpacking the box here, there was a swarm of them in there. Being without water at the time, this made battling them awkward. She dumped bottled water to try to drown some of them...then I took the parts that I could and dunked it in the pool...put the rest outside wrapped in plastic to protect from rain.

• Like 1

Nothing. I was just trying to post a video of the pups but it wasn't uploading right so settle for a pic for now.

Settle for this (grabs crotch).

There's some conference for mental defectives in town because downtown is overrun with people and they all seem dumb. People taking a half hour to order at chipotle. My day does not budget for this.

• Like 1

I love that Suited is complaining about the disability conference. Classic Suited.

• Like 2

So I stubbed the crap out of my...ring(?)...toe on my right foot. Caught it on a luggage wheel. Hurt a lot immediately...but could still move it and seemed okay after. Been moving around the house and up and down the stairs all day...started to hurt progressively more and at this point has mostly turned a very dark purple. I don't think it's broken...but maybe? I mean, there's not really anything that can be done, right? I've just been icing it somewhat regularly. Hoping it won't be too bad while driving 10 hours tomorrow.

So I stubbed the crap out of my...ring(?)...toe on my right foot. Caught it on a luggage wheel. Hurt a lot immediately...but could still move it and seemed okay after. Been moving around the house and up and down the stairs all day...started to hurt progressively more and at this point has mostly turned a very dark purple. I don't think it's broken...but maybe? I mean, there's not really anything that can be done, right? I've just been icing it somewhat regularly. Hoping it won't be too bad while driving 10 hours tomorrow.

https://youtu.be/FVo7ysKcMbI

• Like 2

This Reddit crap-show is very interesting. Thoughts Strat?

Well apparently the ants don't like to travel because there weren't any in the car when I went out to it this morning and didn't see any all day on the drive up to Reno.

Didn't get to my hotel until 8:00 so I just ordered room service and going to take it easy. I'd have a conference call in the morning. ON FRIDAY JULY 3rd!! Then about a two hour drive home after.

This Reddit crap-show is very interesting. Thoughts Strat?

I am guessing reddit just purges all the offending mods and life goes on. quality will go down--you would be surprised at the skill and specialization needed to administer the mega subreddits. ultimately though, it sounds like a company fired someone, and reversing that decision is no small task... so I don't see it going anywhere.

I didn't know anything about the person that got fired until yesterday. we all assume it was baseless, but what if she was stealing, etc. uninformed Internet drama is great.

How you doing down there, Essay?

Doing okay. Just got in, but fvck them. Cause the PM left i have a meeting this afternoon and i had to wear full suit and tie. No other company or firm in our building is working today. Im not doing shit but prepping for this meeting and surfing the net.