I Called In Sick Today

like 10 minutes after my post, the dog walked up to my door and started barking as loud as he could. I realized, there were jackasses still setting off fireworks at that hour, and he was just scared. I opened the door and he just darts in, lays down next to my bed, and doesn't make a peep the rest of the night. good dog, bad dogsitter.

ocho's 50s era solar AC units sound ****ing phenomenal.

• Like 1
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

True on both counts Ron.

I wish we had solar. Got a $467 electric bill for last month and the two hottest months of the year (typically) are still to come. Unfortunately I doubt the owner of the house is going to spend the $25,000 or so a solar system costs.

I strongly dislike the words "Cali", "Chi-Town", and "Frisco."

I'll use "Cali" just to be a dick, but "Frisco" is crossing a line even in that context. I don't think I've ever heard someone use it irl, though.

• Like 1

True on both counts Ron.

I wish we had solar. Got a $467 electric bill for last month and the two hottest months of the year (typically) are still to come. Unfortunately I doubt the owner of the house is going to spend the $25,000 or so a solar system costs.

Wowzers. I have never gotten a bill that high. How huge is your place? We even have a pool and run the ac at 74-75 when we're home.

Wowzers. I have never gotten a bill that high. How huge is your place? We even have a pool and run the ac at 74-75 when we're home.

Cali.

Edit: never mind, that information is out of date.

• Like 2

Footwear Updates:

1) I pulled the trigger on a pair of OTR Viberg Derbies, and am not regretting it.

2) I switched all my boot laces over to kangaroo leather. I don't know what the benefit is, but as soon as I saw kangaroo leather laces were something people did, I knew I had to be one of those people.

• Like 2

Re: whale shorts

After watching Blackfish on TV the other day, my partner and I roleplayed that I was the president of SeaWorld, and that he or she was sleeping with me in exchange for releasing a whale.

Then yesterday, I used the expression "releasing a whale" as a euphemism for pooping.

There is a lot going on this weekend.

• Like 2

in honor of FREEDOM i started watching TURN on netflix. i do enjoy a good period piece, and with america being born and all, this is a good damn show.

show is so fcking bad. the douche redcoat, entertaining though he was, couldn't carry the show by himself.

• Like 1

Your pirouette form is fvcking terrible. Get your shit together.

My roommate was supposed to be gone all weekend but just texted me he'd be home in an hour. So, I, being a crazy person, ran to the grocery store to buy a box of frosted mini wheats to replace the 1/2 box of his that I've eaten the past few days that I had been planning to replace tomorrow morning, just in case he wanted a bowl tonight or tomorrow before I ran to the store. Anyways, while I was there a little person was checking out in front of me and I thought of Frau.

• Like 1

I gotta tell ya, I wonder how the **** this country is the fattest in the world. But then I come here, and see passionate arguments about donuts. And I shed a tear. Because I never really doubted the statements, but seeing how even you poor bastards encapsulate our miserable fat culture, it makes me realize how fat everyone is. You midwesterners got issues. And they're food related. And you can't solve them. But jesus christ. I've had maybe a dozen donuts in my last two years. There's probably an argument for three. You gotta pick your spots. How are useless morning carbs better than a nice soothing bedtime bourbon? I think you're god damn nuts.

Napa, you ever listen to Vince Staples? The only reason I'm listening is pure Grantland, which makes it seem dirty. But it seems like inexperienced Kendrick, which has potential.

On a very unrelated note, my fantasy baseball opponent this week, who is currently in 1st, needs 1/3 of an inning to qualify (we have 40 innings minimum). He pulled all his relievers for today's afternoon games, and doesn't currently have either of his two starters in place for tomorrow. If none of his relievers go, I win all 9 categories. I picked up one of the 4 late starters tomorrow, and he doesn't have any. I'm currently losing ERA (1.83) and WHIP (1.04), so Salazar and Matz are risks for him. I'm pretty interested in what he chooses. I picked up Colby Lewis yesterday as a last ditch option if I need to scramble.