I Called In Sick Today

Yeah, I'm going. It's a Friday/Saturday music festival downtown. Obviously a lot of other bands are playing but I don't care about any of them. RTJ is at 7 and Weezer at 10, both Saturday.

I actually think there will be more of a Black presence when compared to the overall city demographics (so like, 10% compared to 5%) but it is mostly an indie/alt rock festival, afterall.

Other artists of note...Wilco, Talib Kweli, Jenny Lewis. They all play Friday.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I've seen Weezer officially once and then again unofficially. The first time was a concert in Atlanta, and they put on a great show. The other time, I saw them from a restaurant balcony from afar at Mandalay Bay.

So that meeting i went to st louis for, let me summarize. Financial Advisor looks right at me and says, "You look like a nice guy, but youre in kansas city and i would hesitate to work woth you. Kansas City is not local."

Said it front of all 15 people there. It was solid work.

*insert Simpsons HaHa gif

Napa is that 80/35?

Man, I would love to go see RTJ.

• Like 1

Was this the guy you were supposed to be working with in St. Louis? Sounds like a douche.

You ain't kidding man. Being off last week and not really having a busy vacation made me realize how much I enjoy not going to work. I could stay active. Just need that full bank account.

Yeah, I've said before but I was really amazed at how much I enjoyed my year off a couple years ago. Really thought I would go stir crazy. My wife was both amazed and a little worried that I never did.

Yes, this peoject was to team me and another guy with FAs in st louis. They basically said no on me right there.

Can they do that? I thought it was the big bosses that set this up?

I got the place, just have to vet it. this is gonna cut my average monthly savings to $700/mo, assuming I get a 15% raise in the upcoming cycle.

I hear go fund me can be helpful for those in need.

Can they do that? I thought it was the big bosses that set this up?

yes, they can do whatever they want. in this industry, the FA runs his/her own show. they don't want to be a part of our parent company, and don't give a damn what anyone says. it's the nature of being a successful broker.

Start can probably rent a room out and live rent free if he wants.

I think the most likely scenario is me using a management company to rent it out after I'm gone (if my loan has become ridiculously advantageous). I want to try living alone for a bit--I just hated the last year of living in a situation where cleaning fell 100% on me.

look at thera, making a funny.

but it's obviously different sharing living space with someone who doesn't pick up after himself. it can seriously harm a friendship. my roommate during and after law school and i lived together for five years, and we were pretty good friends for a while, it faded over time, and since the day i moved out i have not spoken to him once. living with someone is tough. i doubt i ever do it again.

Whoa whoa whoa.

You'll be buying your own place, and ladyfriend has roommates. You should leverage that--if not for cleaning then maybe she brings you burritos?

• Like 1

Whoa whoa whoa.

You'll be buying your own place, and ladyfriend has roommates. You should leverage that--if not for cleaning then maybe she brings you burritos?

Or fountain sodas.

• Like 1