Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Took me a mother fvckin hour to get to work today. Storm knocked three sets of traffic lights out, right at the intersection of two majot highways coming off a bridge to get into downtown (broadway bridge, strat). It was a disaster zone.

oh...oh god. Broadway bridge was awful, even when it was functioning as intended. just the worst intersection imaginable. had to use it to commute while 670 was under construction.

My commute was fine but there is a lot of standing water almost to the road where the river went over the flood dike last night before receding. River was highest I've ever seen it. Almost touching the bottom of the bridge.

last night, I was reminiscing about those days, the temping I did in 2012. I was job searching as a response to my roommate being a complete ass (I was asking why we were doing something in a portfolio, and he kept not answering, and then finally fell back on "I took the CFA level III exam"). I do miss KC a little, and my one brother and parents are going to be there for the foreseeable.

anyway, rather than just stewing on it, I went over to my boss' house and smoked some cigars. he said someone further up in the company said I would be happy with my upcoming raise. I don't know what that means. I feel like working with my roommate just isn't a long-term possibility given his ridiculous attitude, and am working to develop relationships with other departments.

• Like 1

Did you just rip on Barkley as an announcer?

I don't know what to do with this information on your opinions, but it's not good.

You realize Tilty is correct though, right?

Barkley was a great player and is very funny, but as a hardcore analyst, not good. He's an entertainer. And he is absolutely stuck in his mind with regards to how the game is evolving

Thanks Ron. Don't blame brvy though, his post was just an automatic default answer to me giving an opinion. He can't help himself.

Its going to be really tough to stay calm at work. Everything this old fvck does sets me off. He literally just asked our assitant what to do with unopened mail. Shes like, i dont know what it is, so I can't say. His conclusion was to open the mail and see what it was.

• Like 2

Gays can get married now, good for them. But Scalia wins the day, for his quote, "The substance of today's decree is not of immense personal importance to me. But what really astounds is the hubris reflected in today's judicial Putsch."

I had too look that up, and wow, is he a drama queen.

There must be a whole lot of people looking up "putsch" today because I typed "put" into google and putsch was the first suggestion.

Scalia is the literal best ever. We will never see his equal.

• Like 1

Ron, I don't understand the correction. Of course Barkley is an entertainer. And he's the very best on TV sports. Halftimes were must see TV all season because of him.

Because I criticized him for his analysis, not his entertainment value?

Today is comedy gold on the old interwebz. So many people who this ruling doesn't affect high fiving and celebrating how wonderful they are for being open minded, compassionate people, and others who this ruling doesn't affect screaming how it's the end of America.

Ron, I don't understand the correction. Of course Barkley is an entertainer. And he's the very best on TV sports. Halftimes were must see TV all season because of him.

Like during the final 4 halftime show when he suggested x player needed to step up and play better, and said player hadn't played in 10 games due to injury and was home at the time? That kind of greatness?

Like I said, he's funny, but slowly morphing into a clown.

• Like 1

I read Scalia's entire dissent and i actually agree with almost everything he said.

Just when I think there's hope for you.

Scalia is the nut low

Clarence "pube in my coke"' Thomas wrote what has to be the most ridiculous thing though, about legal slavery and internment camps not taking the dignity from those who suffered from it, just like not allowing gay marriage doesn't take the gay's dignity. That fckin guy

If you haven't read the dissent, ill assume you dont know his main point, so i will summarize as i understand it.

Scalia's main point is in response to this quote from th majority opinion.

"The nature of injustice is that we may not always see it in our own times. The generations that wrote and ratified the Bill of Rights and the Fourteenth Amendment did not presume to know the extent of freedom in all its dimensions, and so they entrusted to future generations a charter protecting the right of all persons to enjoy liberty as WE learn its meaning."

I capitalized we there because that we is what has Scalias panties in an uproar. He is dissenting by saying that the court is grabbing the power to decide for everyone what liberties should be protected under the constitution (if not dorectly addressed in the actual text).

He argues that power belongs with the people, and thereby the states, who can decide by vote or process agreed to by the people in that state.

Theres a lot of stuff, and its an interestin argument, but i think rogue criticism of Scalia might be unwarranted here. Though i admit i havent read enough of his decisions to know if he is changing his tune on this issue of liberty defining because he hates gay people.

I read most of the majority opinion too, as i refuse to do work today, and i agreed with a lot of that as well. In the end, i dont know if scali is right or not and if would take months of reading to fully understand it. But he is not the nut low, at least not in this case, i would argue.

• Like 2

I read Scalia's entire dissent and i actually agree with almost everything he said.

He is the most logical judge by miles and miles.

I am on record for being in favor of gay marriage, but he is absolutely correct that these changes should be made in the legislative branch with our elected officials.

• Like 1

Like during the final 4 halftime show when he suggested x player needed to step up and play better, and said player hadn't played in 10 games due to injury and was home at the time? That kind of greatness?

Like I said, he's funny, but slowly morphing into a clown.

I don't want him to slowly morph. I want him to be a full blown clown right now.

In my book, it's still greatness.