I Called In Sick Today

I can't tell whether you're joking, so here is proof with a sample of the song you can listen to. The full version with music video is on youtube.
I was joking, but I did believe your true fact, therefore I didn't need proof. I just thought your relative might love some youtube hits.
PEDANT THIS, FAGGOTS.
Mr Language, how do you feel about the fact that if you even became even semi-famous (doubtful) the words "faggot" and "retarded" and various others would have to be removed from your repertoire? It really bothers me. I love using faggot and homo. It's unfair that I would have to stop using them for fear of insulting a few pansies feelings. What's worse, when Obama made his joke or when Dana White called a reporter a retard the other day, or said someone was retarded, that defenders of retards were offended. I mean, they are retarded, they aren't watching the news or the UFC. They aren't offended by words, people who own and represent retards are. I mean, I get it, I guess. I have a friend with a brother that is off, and I don't think he appreciates people using that term, but hey, when he stops saying all offensive slurs, I'll refrain from calling people retarded faggots. AmIrite? Who's with me?Off to watch the rest of The Biggest Loser.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

You should write a weekly nationally syndicated column called Peeves, Irks and Crotchets.
Why weekly?It seems he could jot down 2k words bi-hourly
It was funny if you've seen the film Labyrinth. Well, I think so anyway.
Never seen it. Will Netflix soon. By then, though, I'm afraid your joke will have lost some of its luster. It cannot be helped.
False fact: saying "true fact" is redundant because all proposed facts are necessarily true.
Thank you. I have had this conversation with like 10000000 people. There are a few definitions of fact. One is "something known to be true," but there's another which means "something PURPORTED to be true" or "something with a truth value." Somebody can make a statement of fact, which is incorrect, but it is still a fact.I think LG and I would get along in real life, even though she thinks I'm an egomaniacal punk. Actually, we might not get along, but I would certainly like her, and then be sad when it turned out she didn't like me. In a totally platonic way, obviously; I just don't go for small-mouthed women. I mean, she's probably got a big-mouth, metaphorically, but I'm speaking literally. I'm not speaking. I'm using "speaking" as kind of idiom or someth-I'm done.Derek
So the fact that some people claim fallacies to be factual makes the word fact non-exclusive to only facts true facts?That's dumb. You guys are redundant dummies.
I agree with all of this. That post was great, I didn't feel quoting it and LOLing at it was sufficient enough. So instead I will quote your reply and infer* my appreciation of the previously mentioned post.*Technically this is not inferring, it's fairly direct.
Example: "Facts in evidence" in court cases are not always true.
I can't tell whether you're joking, so here is proof with a sample of the song you can listen to. The full version with music video is on youtube.UGH that dog reminds me of my arch enemy dog. What?MW: fact: 5: a piece of information presented as having objective reality???
Ah yes. Cling to definition #5. Everything has an objective reality when you break it down.If you feel the need to qualify your facts as true, all you're really doing is admitting that you occasionally submit untruths as facts. This makes you an admitted liar and thus also calls into question the validity of your "true facts". So then, wouldn't the definition of "true fact" need to be modified to being a piece of information claimed as true yet having an objective reality?Besides, you sound redundant.
"Feeling the need" to use words correctly -- or (in my case since I don't want to speak for Mojito) to understand the full range of a word's meaning -- isn't an admission of anything except a proper respect for language. (How patronizing and haughty was that? Imagine me wearing a white linen shirt right now, because I totally am.)The word "fact" can be used to differentiate between subjective and objective claims. For example, "On April 3rd, Joe killed Karen" is a fact. You don't have enough information to make a judgment as to the veracity of the statement, but that's irrelevant; the statement is factual in nature. A true/false judgment is possible with respect to the above example, so it's a statement of fact. If we later discover it's untrue, are we to reverse our initial categorization? That would be silly. PEDANT THIS, FAGGOTS.I could talk about language all day. Should words that are commonly misunderstood -- sometimes resulting in great offense (see: niggardly) -- be removed from a rational person's vernacular? I dunno. But it's fun to discuss, and I have some thoughts. This is probably not the right forum for that, however. SPORTS!
Oh.

On a positive note, the only final I was worrying about just became a take home test that we have about two weeks to complete. Looking at my finals schedule now, I will at least have two finals, one being during finals week and one the week before. At most I will have two finals the week before finals week, and then two during finals week with one of those being an open book exam. None of them cumulative. The variance comes from being able to drop one of my six exams in a class so it might not be worth my time to take the final and in another class if you have an A going into the final you don't have to take it, which is looking very probable. FWIW, my original post was not meant to start the proverbial shit, I was genuinely unsure. You guys clearly answered my question though. Thanks. I think it's fairly well documented that I am a dumb when it comes to language.

On a positive note, the only final I was worrying about just became a take home test that we have about two weeks to complete. Looking at my finals schedule now, I will at least have two finals, one being during finals week and one the week before. At most I will have two finals the week before finals week, and then two during finals week with one of those being an open book exam. None of them cumulative. The variance comes from being able to drop one of my six exams in a class so it might not be worth my time to take the final and in another class if you have an A going into the final you don't have to take it, which is looking very probable. FWIW, my original post was not meant to start the proverbial shit, I was genuinely unsure. You guys clearly answered my question though. Thanks. I think it's fairly well documented that I am a dumb when it comes to language.
Oh.
Example: "Facts in evidence" in court cases are not always true.
TRUE FACT: you are a gay homo.
"Feeling the need" to use words correctly -- or (in my case since I don't want to speak for Mojito) to understand the full range of a word's meaning -- isn't an admission of anything except a proper respect for language. (How patronizing and haughty was that? Imagine me wearing a white linen shirt right now, because I totally am.)The word "fact" can be used to differentiate between subjective and objective claims. For example, "On April 3rd, Joe killed Karen" is a fact. You don't have enough information to make a judgment as to the veracity of the statement, but that's irrelevant; the statement is factual in nature. A true/false judgment is possible with respect to the above example, so it's a statement of fact. If we later discover it's untrue, are we to reverse our initial categorization? That would be silly. PEDANT THIS, FAGGOTS.I could talk about language all day. Should words that are commonly misunderstood -- sometimes resulting in great offense (see: niggardly) -- be removed from a rational person's vernacular? I dunno. But it's fun to discuss, and I have some thoughts. This is probably not the right forum for that, however. SPORTS!
whole lot of redundancy in this post. yessiree.
I could never get into a guinea pig. I've had hamsters, gerbils, rat, aquariums, crabs, snakes, chamelons, Iguanas, turtles, spiders, real pig, donkey, horse, cats and dogs though.
Well, am I the only one who had these little guys?
No
well, you're the only one who had them, yes.
Sorry
Seriously? This scene almost made me pukejamie%20lee%20curtis%20in%20true%20lies.jpgOTT pouty face + high waisted panties + long gangly limbs = awkward and unappealing poledance.
Not to mention the slight outline of the remnants of a penis.
OTT pouty face + high waisted panties + long gangly limbs = awkward and unappealing poledance.
Isn't that what it was supposed to be?
I counter with this:03240-3.jpg
Nice. Plus this:TrueLiesArnold4.jpegThat movie was so awesomely cheesy.
I ate a guinea pig when I was in Peru last summer. It's considered a delicacy down there. I would much rather eat a steak than a guinea pig. It was way to much work to eat for the small amount of meat I got.DSC01328.jpg
Kellie Pickler was soooooooo smokin' hot on AI tonight.
Disagree. I think she looked weird and different, kinda like Amy Poehler. She just doesn't look like herself without the extra few pounds.Obviously Sal will cast the deciding vote.
Disagree. I think she looked weird and different, kinda like Amy Poehler. She just doesn't look like herself without the extra few pounds.Obviously Sal will cast the deciding vote.
Agree with the point that I like her with a few more pounds.
On the other hand it would be a false lie to say that True Lies is a good movie.
jesus christ, you hate bad beat posts AND true lies? next you'll be telling us you hate sex. and pizza.