I Called In Sick Today

I like the idea that people walk on eggshells to avoid my ire. "If we remain very quiet, we might escape unscathed."
I don't really avoid you, and love your posts, it's just I don't know how to talk to you.
f that. I'm scared of friggin EBERT.
Ha, I love Squeaky!
Golf, stocks, and the KU election. Not a direction I thought the thread would head in. Also, the Adenhart story is beyond sad. Poor fucking kid, can't imagine how terrible his family must feel.
I agree here. Stocks suck.
What is so special about it, except that this guy was a professional sports player? People die in car crashes everyday in much more tragic circumstances. It's almost always sad when someone dies, what makes this guy's story "beyond" sad?
Celebrities are more important than people like you and I. Duh.
Because he was struck down hours after what was, in all likelihood, the greatest night of his life. And we know about it. Most of the time, when people die, we don't hear about it, so nobody comments on it. It's not that it's particularly sad because he's famous; it's that it's particularly sad, and everyone knows about it because he's famous. Biiiiiiiiiitch.
Now if he had had his cat in the car.......
Ba Da Bing!Yeah, ZZC is right in that it doesn't have the Net Gain going for it. Now if it was a Bengal? That's different!
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

So was it wrong of me to get annoyed by people, mostly from the US, who acted like their mom died when Princess Diana passed away?
Just another car crash victim in my opinion. Sad, but not a global tragedy. People liked her because she did a bunch of charity work, but in reality all the members of the royal family do extensive charity work as part of their royal duties. She just got more publicity for it.
Note to self: There IS someone out there with less of a heart than you.
Get over yourself, pal. I'm empathetic to a fault. You didn't know this baseball guy, he died in a completely ordinary way, it's not a tragedy. I've read stories about people dying on their way to or back from their wedding, or the hospital where their child was just born. The idea of that upsets me. The idea of a pitcher happening to die soon after he performed quite well in a game his team lost is not tragic in my opinion. Just accept that it's my opinion and quit trying to insult me.
I am sure I have asked this before, but -- guys -- what is your ordered set of preferences with respect to:1) Boobs2) Ass3) LegsI go boobs, legs, ass, with a pretty huge gap between
I'm with you, only I prefer the gap to be smaller.
That joke had to be made, and I'm glad you stepped up and made it.
That's the thing about open doors. I walk through them.
Get over yourself, pal. I'm empathetic to a fault. You didn't know this baseball guy, he died in a completely ordinary way, it's not a tragedy. I've read stories about people dying on their way to or back from their wedding, or the hospital where their child was just born. The idea of that upsets me. The idea of a pitcher happening to die soon after he performed quite well in a game his team lost is not tragic in my opinion. Just accept that it's my opinion and quit trying to insult me.
I don't understand your reasoning or your concept of the word ordinary, champ. Just because people die every day in odd ways doesn't make this circumstance ordinary. You don't know any of the people that died after their weddings or after their kids were born. Who gives a shit? I think anyone dying young is a tragedy. The global atrocities that take place every day in Darfur and whatever other global happenings I don't know about are incomprehensible to me, and mostly very tragic, but that's "ordinary" in their country, so does it not appeal to your senses? Why does the idea of someone dying after their child is born upset you? How's it going to affect your life in any way? I'm not upset that Adenhart got killed, but it's sad. I'm not joining MADD or going on an anti-drunk driving crusade. But I don't understand your need to level all types of sadness. You admitted you think its sad, although not exceptionally sad. I don't get the categorizing. Brian is saying (I think) that he doesn't care about the coverage that celebrities get, since we don't know them and most don't impact our lives in any meaningful way aside from entertainment. I have no issue with that. But like you said, this kid wasn't a celebrity, and outside of LA and avid baseball fans, not a lot of people knew who he was. But he was a good prospect, a supposedly good kid, and he didn't kill himself by driving into a tree or OD'ing on drugs or getting into any sort of trouble. Whatever, I don't like what I'm typing or how its coming out, but I dislike your opinion on this a lot more, so this jumbled thought process isn't getting deleted.
I don't understand your reasoning or your concept of the word ordinary, champ. Just because people die every day in odd ways doesn't make this circumstance ordinary. You don't know any of the people that died after their weddings or after their kids were born. Who gives a shit? I think anyone dying young is a tragedy. The global atrocities that take place every day in Darfur and whatever other global happenings I don't know about are incomprehensible to me, and mostly very tragic, but that's "ordinary" in their country, so does it not appeal to your senses? Why does the idea of someone dying after their child is born upset you? How's it going to affect your life in any way? I'm not upset that Adenhart got killed, but it's sad. I'm not joining MADD or going on an anti-drunk driving crusade. But I don't understand your need to level all types of sadness. You admitted you think its sad, although not exceptionally sad. I don't get the categorizing. Brian is saying (I think) that he doesn't care about the coverage that celebrities get, since we don't know them and most don't impact our lives in any meaningful way aside from entertainment. I have no issue with that. But like you said, this kid wasn't a celebrity, and outside of LA and avid baseball fans, not a lot of people knew who he was. But he was a good prospect, a supposedly good kid, and he didn't kill himself by driving into a tree or OD'ing on drugs or getting into any sort of trouble. Whatever, I don't like what I'm typing or how its coming out, but I dislike your opinion on this a lot more, so this jumbled thought process isn't getting deleted.
yes we definitely need more of this dannyg type arguing in here
Brian is saying (I think) that he doesn't care about the coverage that celebrities get, since we don't know them and most don't impact our lives in any meaningful way aside from entertainment. I have no issue with that.
Who is Brian?
Who is Brian?
Steve, but I like pretending his name his Brian.Also, RR, thanks for the South Park info, just watched the episode and found it rather amusing. The song at the end was terrific.
Note to self: There IS someone out there with less of a heart than you.
HAHAHA.. This was awesome.
Oh hell, let's drink. Let's drink to the Salt of the Earth.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGO-YrfLsPQ
cindy, I wasn't being sarcastic. I don't know where LG went but she better start shooting back soon or I'm gonna get bored.
Well in that case, I was merely pointing out your obsession with mrdannyg.Yes, obsession.By Calvin Klein.
Just another car crash victim in my opinion. Sad, but not a global tragedy. People liked her because she did a bunch of charity work, but in reality all the members of the royal family do extensive charity work as part of their royal duties. She just got more publicity for it.Get over yourself, pal. I'm empathetic to a fault. You didn't know this baseball guy, he died in a completely ordinary way, it's not a tragedy. I've read stories about people dying on their way to or back from their wedding, or the hospital where their child was just born. The idea of that upsets me. The idea of a pitcher happening to die soon after he performed quite well in a game his team lost is not tragic in my opinion. Just accept that it's my opinion and quit trying to insult me.
Can I get some Sympathy for the Devil?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuTiTfbfy7Q...feature=related
Well in that case, I was merely pointing out your obsession with mrdannyg.Yes, obsession.By Calvin Klein.
Speaking of Obsession, this is an obsession I can get behind. A terrible tv commercial obsession.
Ain't I they youtube happy fella today?!
he's in the FCHL with me, adam, and steve. they can attest to how ridiculous he has grown. his wife left town for a week and we actually saw him on the forums outside of working hours. it was shocking.but yes, the absurdity he offers is great. I feel bad for anyone that has to conduct real business with him, though.