Are You Trying To Alienate Your Fans?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just think it's funny that he couldn't say **** Cheney without being censored!!!On topic though, I don't see the point of, in a "free country", crapping on people for their opinions...don't read it, or, read it and voice your opinion, but, no need to ever flame with malice!!IMNSHO

Ugh, and we were doing so well keeping a civil tone of disagreement on the other thread.Don't know where to begin other than to point out that nvrmnd has made great use of the adage "you can't disprove a negative." He has labeled anyone with an opinion divergent from his as a wannabe follower. Ironically enough the only way to prove you are NOT a follower in his eyes is to agree with him and...become....a follower.Post away Daniel.

Until now I have said nothing, done nothing, and been nothing on the FCP Forums. Now I am something because I have said something. However, this does leave me open to criticism. :D
:club:

Yeah...I don't read everything. I'll start to read the blog and if I don't like where its going or what its about, I simply stop reading and look at something else. You do have that option and it is his blog...any question?

It's my blog and I'll write whatever I please... I should quote Howard Stern here but I won't. It's amazing how many people who HATE the blog, are actually reading it on a regular basis!In the Howard Stern movie they had some stats that said people who loved Stern listened to him an hour a day (approx) and the ones that hated him listened to him 3 hours (again approx)a day.The only thing Daniel pissed me off about was talking about how fat we are in the south. I guess the truth hurts right?I would post a pic but I don't have a wide angle lens.

For a lot of wealthy people, who may have done questionable things in their past, religion can serve as a cleanser. If your life is all about self-interested greed, which is what poker is, despite all the flowery crap people try to drape on it, then religion can elevate a person in the eyes of others, but more importantly in their own minds.
You must be joking, right? This is satire. You can't be serious in your rambling effort to give meaning to something so meaningless. For one thing, all greed is self-interested. And second, if I had some flowery crap, I doubt I would drape it on something...more than likely I'd spread it...like in my garden.Poor people have also done questionable things in the past; why pick on the wealthy? It seems that poor people are more likely to use religion as a comforting "cleanser" than the rich. How many millionaires claim to have seen the face of Jesus (and I don't mean C. Ferguson) in a taco shell?From reading your post, I have concluded:1. You can't write a sentence that clearly expresses your ideas, 2. You're mad about something (have a bad day at school?),3. You're bored and have nothing better to do,and4. You're Mom has left you alone and instead of doing your homework you're spending time online. Shame on you!
CONSERVATIVES!? MY A**! :club:http://www.forbes.com/entrepreneurs/feeds/.../ap2600301.htmlI would call it Orwellian if any of you had a clue what that actually meant. :D And I completely understand why no one here thinks I have a point - I didn't expect any of you to the have the ability to detect it. Afterall, you do live in the most indoctrinated and propagandized society in the world today, with the exception of North Korea perhaps.You go ahead and gobble up Daniel's, perhaps unintentional, propaganda (for the Moonies or whatever he is in to). You go ahead and continue to stumble into tournaments and kow-tow to every poker player that has ever had their ugly mugs on the boob tube, then high-five them as they head off into the night with your $ .. to go spend it on god knows what - coke and whores perhaps, depending on who it is.HEY.. THAT'S POKER, RIGHT!?.....??....???....????REPENT! AND GIVE DANIEL YOUR MONEY!
so, you post on a site called fullcontactpoker complaining that Daniels blog was about politics and religion, and doesn't belong on a poker site.then in that same thread, on a poker site, you make three more posts about politics and religion.Ummmmmmm.....Ahhhhh.....Ummmmmmmm

What the OP seems to fail to understand is Dan's relationship with his fans is tertiary at best. The man made his name playing poker, and if TV poker died today, he'd keep making money playing poker. He's not a sports star - he doesn't need fans, he isn't beholden to team owners or leagues per se. The other thing he fails to understand is the value of a blog: It's a chance to actually see someone's inner mind coupled with their actions. If all you want is a dry report of his performance, there are any number of websites where you might simply read his results.

What the OP seems to fail to understand is Dan's relationship with his fans is tertiary at best. The man made his name playing poker, and if TV poker died today, he'd keep making money playing poker. He's not a sports star - he doesn't need fans, he isn't beholden to team owners or leagues per se. The other thing he fails to understand is the value of a blog: It's a chance to actually see someone's inner mind coupled with their actions. If all you want is a dry report of his performance, there are any number of websites where you might simply read his results.
I'm sure I agree, but I don't know what tertiary means.
Because you're doing a great job!!With each of Daniel's blog entries we get a better idea of what kind of person he really is. His poker success has pumped up his ego so much that he now believes it's worth our time to read his half-baked political views and bizarre 'reviews' of the USA's current political leadership, on top of holier-than-thou religious rhetoric.Yes, I know, the solution is simply not to read the blog and shut the hell up, but there is a larger issue here, and that is this cult of personality surrounding the so-called "Poker Stars". This is like a revelation .. my eyes opened and I'm wondering why I have given so much respect to these guys.Ok, Daniel's a great poker player. Whatever! If you are in a tournament with him he has a good chance of taking your buy-in home. YAY FOR YOU! ....???For a lot of wealthy people, who may have done questionable things in their past, religion can serve as a cleanser. If your life is all about self-interested greed, which is what poker is, despite all the flowery crap people try to drape on it, then religion can elevate a person in the eyes of others, but more importantly in their own minds. Oh, I'm a Christian so I'm a good person, right? Uh, NOT NECESSARILY! And backing another poker player doesn't count as charity. ;)As far as the politics go ..Bill Maher is a libertarian. The reason his views "sound" liberal is because he is an educated, worldly person, who isn't a wannabe-follower, which is what most Bush cheerleaders are.It's amazing how right-wing zombies love to toss around the word "liberal" as if it were a four letter word. It's a joke. Educate yourselves about your own history, and stop drinking the koolaid. Look a little deeper into the "issues", put them in some historical context, and then you won't come away drawing ridiculous, and useless conclusions like "**** Cheney is brilliant".There's a reason why **** Cheney's approval rating is the lowest for any vice-president IN HISTORY!!! LOL! It's not just "liberals" not cutting him enough slack.I guess what I'm trying to say is --- stick to the poker please.But hey, I'm sure there are a lot of bible-thumping Bush-cheerleaders who love that you're trying to bring their agenda to us wretched, sinning, gamblers.Repent! And Give Me Your Money!
Thank you for your wisdom and the courage to say it! By the way Mr. Gore, when did you start playing poker??
Your post was so bizarre I'm not sure where to start. Did you read the blog? The one where I said I wasn't a fan of Bush? The one that said I lean towards liberal views? After reading your post, I'm not sure you really did read my views. I said Cheney was brilliant, but nowhere did I say that I trusted him or even liked his political views. Only that he is a smart guy and knows how to debate. That's just, well, true. When you write a blog, you have two choices: be "squeaky clean" and say nothing that rocks the boat, or share your true feelings about touchy subjects. One of my favorite quotes was by Elbert Hubbert, and I think it goes something like, "To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, and be nothing." It's my blog and I'll write whatever I please... I should quote Howard Stern here but I won't. It's amazing how many people who HATE the blog, are actually reading it on a regular basis!
hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahhahahahahahahahhah :club: You're just joking right? Please stop. I'm laughing so hard I fell out of my seat. :D Circular reasoning has no room in political discourse or religious polemic. "That's just well, true?" hahahahahahah "Thank you counselor, you may sit down now. What a lucid argument. I applaud your reasoning!" (sw)Go get a couple degrees so you sound more well-read and informed on the topics you posit opinions on, or just talk poker. By the way, some advice... video games, cable television and reality t.v. are not places where you are going to develop the relevant analytical skills. Apparently, you spend more of your free time playing video games and watching reality t.v., than you would ever do using your wealth to better yourself. Don't pretend to be anything, but a Christian tournament poker player. The day you get a degree in religion or political theory will be the day Robert Varkonyi wins another big buy-in tournament. The day that you will go to a third world country and feed the hungry is the day that Men the Massa will stop fixing the Los Angeles tournaments he plays in...OP is just disgusted with the pseudo-intellectual babbles that comes out of your blog sometimes. He has every right to talk smack on your "public" forum. It takes a small man to actually take criticism personally when he puts himself out there like you do. Like I've said before. People like OP read your blog, because it's so bad it's good. They respond and read your ridiculous blog because they are entertained by the idiocy of it all. Finally, I got nothing but love fo ya Negreanu as a poker professional; but as a scholar or an intellectual I have zero respect. Don't take it personally, I'm just defending your anti-fanboys because I have nothing better to do, and even your anti-fans deserve good treatment--isn't that what Jesus would have done? :D

A small note:This isn't a public forum. This forum is privately owned and operated by Full Contact Poker and its administrators. You nor anybody else has the right to free speech on the forums at any given time. It's the way forums work. If Daniel or anybody else in power doesn't like what you're saying, they can boot you for any reason or no reason at all.

Cheney got OWNED in the 2004 vice-presidential debate. Cheney:" And Senator, frankly, you have a record in the Senate that's not very distinguished. You've missed 33 out of 36 meetings in the Judiciary Committee, almost 70 percent of the meetings of the Intelligence Committee......"Edwards:" The vice president, I'm surprised to hear him talk about records. When he was one of 435 members of the United States House, he was one of 10 to vote against Head Start, one of four to vote against banning plastic weapons that can pass through metal detectors.He voted against the Department of Education. He voted against funding for Meals on Wheels for seniors. He voted against a holiday for Martin Luther King. He voted against a resolution calling for the release of Nelson Mandela in South Africa.It's amazing to hear him criticize either my record or John Kerry's."Moderator: "30 seconds [Mr. Cheney}"Cheney: "Oh, I think his record speaks for itself. And frankly, it's not very distinguished."Moderator: "In that case, we'll move on to domestic matters...."Destroyed.

So, just because Daniel is on TV a couple times a month means he's not allowed to express his views or opinions on political matters? The last time I checked, being a professional poker player doesn't require sacrificing constitutional rights...

\As far as Daniel losing with class - I guess you haven't watched the last episode of High Stakes Poker yet. :club: Ask Deeb how classy it was to have his integrity called into question by Steamy and the Gang.
Wasn't that Johnny Chan who made that comment. What did that have to do with Daniel? Mind you, i havent seen the show, but read about this specific incident and from what i read Daniel wasnt really involved.
DN: I said Cheney was brilliant, but nowhere did I say that I trusted him or even liked his political views.
I also hear that in his spare time, thanks to his new metal heart, that he is also dobuels as a bot on weekends at Party Poker.

"Bush is the brilliant one you say? Wow! Now I have heard it all. Welp, 35% of Americans agree with you - and 20% of them agree with Daniel's assessment of Cheney."So they take Gallup polls based on intelligence now? Because that's all Daniel's original assessment of Cheney was. Call me crazy, but I severely doubt 15% of America thinks Bush is smarter than Cheney, despite how retarded the overwhelming majority of America can be at times.Also, I stopped reading your post once I saw **** Cheney's name. It inadvertantly ruined whatever shred of credibility your post had left, even though it wasn't connected to anything you'd done at all. And frankly, that's just sad."Circular reasoning has no room in political discourse or religious polemic. "That's just well, true?" hahahahahahah "Thank you counselor, you may sit down now. What a lucid argument. I applaud your reasoning!" (sw)"That's no so much a circular argument (as "that's just, well, true" isn't an argument but rather a reinforced conclusion) as an argumentum ad ignorantium or even a Sophist argument, but whatever floats your boat.Oh, and congratulations on knowing the word "polemic." Your high school English teachers must be proud.

"Bush is the brilliant one you say? Wow! Now I have heard it all. Welp, 35% of Americans agree with you - and 20% of them agree with Daniel's assessment of Cheney."
And if you want to use polls....only 20% of americans approve of the job congress is doing. The same members of congress going on tv screaming about how Bush "lied" to the american people and "got us into this war" while conveniently forgetting that the huge majority of them also supported the war and ousting Sadam Insane before we went in. It's a shame that so many of you have such short memories and/or choose to parrot the revisionist history spewed by the liberal members of congress and their puppets, the american media. Go back and read what these people were saying on tv, in the newspapers and on radio 3 years ago. Think for yourself. Regurgitation is ugly.

Funny thing about polls mate. Up here in the north where the maple leaf flys our news is telling us that 55% of americans are behind Bush. For the record most Canadians are not. I feel bad for the poker chips (troops) that Bush be playing with. Yes there should have been some retaliation for 911. But it all seems strange when before that occured Bin Laddens family was moved to the USA. And that other cuban fellow is sitting in a USA jail. Well they are all safe.It be way beyond the 911 thing now. Bush is playing poker, the treasure is oil.The purpose: for his own personal wealth mainly. The USA will reap a small percentage of profit. Meanwhile the threat of bombs draws down the investments due to fear. The average mate looses some ground on the investments. Oil doubles in price once again. ( and who profits??the oil guys like Bush.)A typical Canadian ideology.We still have plenty of RUM.