worst calls/plays you've ever seen

I was playing a 5 person SNG and saw this play that motivated me to create this topic. SNG had just started, was the 2nd hand actually. UTG calls, button raises to 60 (BB was 10) I'm the BB and have AK and reraise to 200. UTG flat calls and button reraises all in. So early in the tourny and with 800 chips left I'm too worried about KK or AA and I'm a little worried about UTG so I finally fold. UTG calls and turns up K5o!!!! Button has QQ and they hold up.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't that about what fishes say? I'm asking about bad CALLS or PLAYS you've seen.
Thats pretty much exactly what that threads about. I'm not trying to be an ass or anything, just doing my part to keep the forum tidy.
Isn't that about what fishes say? I'm asking about bad CALLS or PLAYS you've seen.
Thats pretty much exactly what that threads about. I'm not trying to be an ass or anything, just doing my part to keep the forum tidy.
we all thank you shake...on a side not ATHF very underatted

it's not THAT horrible..Worst call i've ever seen?After the river board read 99553$20 in the pot, guy bets out pot, guy thinks forever and finally CALLS.First person flips over A5The caller flips over pocket 2's...grats.

it's not THAT horrible..Worst call i've ever seen?After the river board read 99553$20 in the pot, guy bets out pot, guy thinks forever and finally CALLS.First person flips over A5The caller flips over pocket 2's...grats.
ah the dreaded three pair....clever! I see to many dumb plays daily but yesterday I got a good laugh when a guy slow played aces, he just limped in, checked down the flop and then went broke on the turn when the bb's 4h 3h turned a flush. This guy then reloads and the very next hand goes bust again when he plays kings the exact same.

I don't know that this qualifies, but it tee'd me off to no end.Playing a NLHE tournie, $20 in with a $20 rebuy, 12 players and 7 rebuys in to pay out 3 places.Blinds are going up and I'm hurting for hands. Took a few lost a few, and the chip leader (typically a tight player) showed a few loose hands earlier but nothing but gold for the last hour. I'm in the BB with blinds at 75/150 and it is called all the way around to me. 5 players calling all around. I didn't even think about it, I just pounced and went all in for 2,450.Folds all the way around to the chip leader sitting in the SB who takes several minutes thinking about it. He calls with A5o. True I only had A4o, but how do you make that call. He pairs the 5 first the ace second. I don't think that it was terribly bad on his part. He'd just been making all the right calls that night (he never raised much). Further more, I was tired and steaming a little, it isn't too far of a stretch to imagine I had given something up in my movements/ gestures that made him decide to call. I was more mad about that fact than at him or the hand as I walked home that night.

I've seen worse. Once I was heads up with this guy and pushed him all in with 10/10. He called with 2/3 off.
not nearly as bad as a guy who calls with absolutely no hand. the pair of deuces didn't matter. dude was playin the board with two pairs and a 3 kicker. thats just backroad dumb right there.

in heads up 50 nl session a few days ago i had been raising 90% of the time on the button so i did the same this time and bumped it to $1.50 with JJ. anyways i could tell the guy was starting to get frustrated with the raises and he bumped it up to $4, and i raised him right back and make it $9. he calls and the flop is 279 and he bets $15 at the pot. i think for about 2 seconds and decide to raise him all in for the $20 he has left and he calls instantly and turns over 46, no pair no draw. needless to say the turn was a 4 and the river was a 4 giving him trips to beat my jacks. not the worst play i've ever seen but the worst play in the past couple days that i could contribute to the thread.

Again, why do people seem to get so upset when ppl make calls with 23 when you're raising with AA or if someon makes a call with K5o - I want those ppl at my table each and every time I sit down.Would you prefer they make calls with better hands?

well, even tho this topic has been covered at least 7 times already.i played in a $30 MTT on Pacific Poker, it was a limit tourny, and it literally got capped before the flop on every single hand dealt. Most of the time 6-7 handed. It was insane. i was in for an hour before i got beat by some BS hand, i cant really remember whaqt it was. ps. im drunk and not particularly motivated to elaborate.

Again, why do people seem to get so upset when ppl make calls with 23 when you're raising...
Usually because the story ends "the lucky f'er hit his flush and/or straight" and cracked my big pockets". The people telling these stories generally don't realize they are making huge donkey moves themselves by pushing into a maniac calling station or going allin when there are 4 or 5 unknown quantities yet to act.

Waaaaaaaay too many to mention but I'll give you two of the worstGuy called me all the way and after the river with 3 high because "I knew you were bluffing." :club: In a home game, guy folds the nuts because "I didn't know that A-5 is a straight." :D

The worst ive seen is a 50/100 nl game. player a raised on the turn..was re-raised all in by player b.after a short think, player a called and hit an inside str8 on river. the pot was about 60k. There was also a possible flush out there so he could of been drawing dead.

The worst ive seen is a 50/100 nl game. player a raised on the turn..was re-raised all in by player b.after a short think, player a called and hit an inside str8 on river. the pot was about 60k. There was also a possible flush out there so he could of been drawing dead.
60K pot? Any max buy-in to the game?

i was playing a $10+1 sit n go and in the first hand I was dealt KK while in the SB.UTG open raises all in. I call, wondering if he's using Smasheroo's strat, and he turned over 4 8 soooted. K's held up of course.this was before chat was disabled for people who busted, so everyone else is making comments, whatever ...his explanation was that he meant to join a $1 SnG, not a $10. Said he didn't really know how to play so he was going to go all in on every hand and hope to win by luck.Er...I've also seen some donktacular play in high stakes, but I don't remember the specifics as well. Mostly pushing with gutshots or pushing a flush when the board is paired and action is crazy.

This is a specific situation but i have to say the worst play IMO is the river bluff in limit holdem when there has been a lot of betting the whole way especially when its a raise. Im sorry but when the third card of a suit comes on the river and there is already 10BB in the pot and i bet my top pair and you suddenly raise yes i probably think there is a good chance that im beat but im never folding. Seriously i don't know what people are thinking when they try to make this play.

This is a specific situation but i have to say the worst play IMO is the river bluff in limit holdem when there has been a lot of betting the whole way especially when its a raise. Im sorry but when the third card of a suit comes on the river and there is already 10BB in the pot and i bet my top pair and you suddenly raise yes i probably think there is a good chance that im beat but im never folding. Seriously i don't know what people are thinking when they try to make this play.
Ha! Another favorite along this line is when someone gay bets the river when the third card of a suit comes, only to be raised by the person who was actually drawing to the flush lol