paul phillips and the toc

I partcipated in that Paul Phillips thread at 2+2. In my opinion, all he was offering was some constructive criticism, albeit in a "no holds barred" manner.2+2 do seem pretty thin-skinned, if they would delete a thread merely for those comments.

Paul always comes across as an arrogant condescending tool.Mikeh77 always comes across as an arrogant, brain-dead tool.You should not have any objection to that statement, correct? What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

That was funny!Mason is chubby geek and actually wrote a letter asking PP to apologize to him and the forum. (Who does he think he is?) Why write such a letter when he knows the answer, he'd be better off not sending PP a message. This proves his intelligence, Sklansky might be better off with another partner. While reading the PP blog, I actually burst out laughing. It just seemed so childish. PP's original thread wasn't even that offensive IMO. Very sensitive people. I'd like to see PP post here but that's a longshot I think. Are him and DN buds? Or just poker friends?

Paul always comes across as an arrogant condescending tool.
When he's usually right and surrounded by Phil Hellmuth loving idiots that's how would come across.I think he's not so diplomatic - but admittedly so online. In person, he's as nice as any guy. I haven't really seen him say anything wrong or stupid yet - and for someone posting on the internet that's pretty good. In order to really be arrogant, you need to show unwarranted importance (and usually be wrong). As for condescending... sometimes that is the only tone that can come out when you're talking to or correcting arrogant individuals.
2+2 banned him.
I hope we never experience this. Sure warn a guy. Suspend posting for a bit while people cool down. But, ban a popular pro (who writes) for life like that?Bad moderation!No surprise of the egos involved though (all around). It's a loss for 2+2 and makes them look bad to a new generation of online readers.Again, I hope FCP never experiences this type of moderator vs user conflict. We can be a better community than that!

I have to say -- following this discussion on 2 + 2 all day, having it lead back to PP's journal, and to old RGP threads, back to 2 + 2, etc. really gave me a new appreciation for FCP.Things around here have perhaps been a little shaky of late, but a big dose of the 2 + 2 fluff and the RGP sludge made me realize that the FCP porridge is just right.Just sayin' is all.

Wow.....and I thought I was the language police ! That whole thread/mess at 2=2 is bizzare. What he said, while obviously meant to criticize harshly, wasn't that bad on language. I've certainly seen a lot worse over there. A little consistancy in their banning would be nice. Daniel has had to put up with a lot worse from some posters here (direct insults to him) than just insults to the interface and over the zealousness of a moderator. Hopefully, their loss will be our gain.

I don't think the poll matters.Knowing a little bit about the type of person Paul is through his web journal, I think there is less than a 0.1% chance of him ever posting at 2+2 again, even if Malmuth and Sklansky apologize and ask him back (which is less that 0.01% likely).I've seen burned bridges before, but the one between 2+2 and PP has been torched beyond recognition.

For those that remember Paul's first posts here...I was an FCP noob when Paul Phillips and Smash went head to head. It was like me being a child watching a battle of titans in flame wars.

For those that remember Paul's first posts here...I was an FCP noob when Paul Phillips and Smash went head to head. It was like me being a child watching a battle of titans in flame wars.
Ummm... battle of the titans? Smash is a punk, and was shown to be just that.