dn playing above his bankroll?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you guys say staked? Noone thought of this?
I didn't, that's for sure. I would venture to say that he is not being staked. I don't think that Daniel would post that he was buying in for 1 million if he was being staked. Usually, when people play limits of that magnititude they get "pieced" out, not staked. I really don't think that's the case here though. But Daniel's a big boy, and he knows what he's doing. If he's playing challenge matches for 500k a pop, I don't think that buying in for a million is something that he would need to be staked for.

I think it would be reasonable to assume that Daniel has been playing at least 400-800 for the last five years, so I'm going to use this figure for the sake of argument. Say he plays 40 hours a week, 52 weeks a year, for a total of 2080 hours of play. It would be safe to assume that Daniel would make at least 3 BB/hr, which would be 2400 dollars. Thus, in one year, before taxes, Daniel would make 4,992,000. 4,992,000 multiplied by 5 equals 24,960,000. Now with taxes and other expenses I'm sure you could cut that total in half, but considering the fact that he's made in excess of 6,000,000 in tournaments, and an unknown amount of money in other ventures; coupled with the fact that he has been playing limits much higher than I used in my example for quite some time, it seems quite possible that Daniel has between 15 and 20,000,000 to his name. Just a thought. If I said something stupid, please criticize me.

This has been debated ad nauseam. Of course he gets staked. I thought that was fairly obvious to anyone in the poker world.As far as net worth goes, nobody on this board has anywhere near the information needed to quantify this. fyi, someone(awhile back)speculated his bankroll to be 10 million, to which DN basically laughed off and said "its way less than that"

I think it would be reasonable to assume that Daniel has been playing at least 400-800 for the last five years, so I'm going to use this figure for the sake of argument. Say he plays 40 hours a week, 52 weeks a year, for a total of 2080 hours of play.  It would be safe to assume that Daniel would make at least 3 BB/hr, which would be 2400 dollars. Thus, in one year, before taxes, Daniel would make 4,992,000. 4,992,000 multiplied by 5 equals 24,960,000. Now with taxes and other expenses I'm sure you could cut that total in half, but considering the fact that he's made in excess of 6,000,000 in tournaments, and an unknown amount of money in other ventures; coupled with the fact that he has been playing limits much higher than I used in my example for quite some time, it seems quite possible that Daniel has between 15 and 20,000,000 to his name. Just a thought. If I said something stupid, please criticize me.
I never imagined someone could be this stupid.
Can you guys say staked? Noone thought of this?
I didn't, that's for sure. I would venture to say that he is not being staked. I don't think that Daniel would post that he was buying in for 1 million if he was being staked. Usually, when people play limits of that magnititude they get "pieced" out, not staked. I really don't think that's the case here though. But Daniel's a big boy, and he knows what he's doing. If he's playing challenge matches for 500k a pop, I don't think that buying in for a million is something that he would need to be staked for.
What do you mean when you say "pieced" out?
i'd venture to say that how much money DN has really isn't any of our business :shock:
Thank you. i was wondering why no one was saying that! it isnt any of our business. he is probablylaughing about this...well never know after the investments' date=' endorsements (including The Wynn), and cash games. either way, i dont understand how you can get off saying,
Also, Daniel is fairly new to the big game and he would feel it if he lost a million bucks.
that just proves ignorance on your end.
I think it would be reasonable to assume that Daniel has been playing at least 400-800 for the last five years, so I'm going to use this figure for the sake of argument. Say he plays 40 hours a week, 52 weeks a year, for a total of 2080 hours of play. It would be safe to assume that Daniel would make at least 3 BB/hr, which would be 2400 dollars. Thus, in one year, before taxes, Daniel would make 4,992,000. 4,992,000 multiplied by 5 equals 24,960,000. Now with taxes and other expenses I'm sure you could cut that total in half, but considering the fact that he's made in excess of 6,000,000 in tournaments, and an unknown amount of money in other ventures; coupled with the fact that he has been playing limits much higher than I used in my example for quite some time, it seems quite possible that Daniel has between 15 and 20,000,000 to his name. Just a thought. If I said something stupid, please criticize me.
Noone at those limits even makes 2bb per hour much less 3.

It's just speculation, but i would guess his roll is close to 6 million. The amount that he bought in for a session says nothing about his roll. Very few players follow the br management rules. And yes 3 bb/hr. is absurd at 400-800.

nobody knows what percentage of his br the 1 million is so its not worth guessing...hes likely just bringin the million so that when he sits he has plenty of chips to cover the other players or at least so hes not covered badly...1 million is way more than necessary for the limits hes going to play

you know what would make my day... If DN read this thread and decided to settle the argument once and for all. Not by giving a figure but by saying "WTF? Aint all you nosey mother****ers got shIt better to do than talk about useless shit. It aint none of your g*ddamned business"Come on... That would be some funny bidness

I read an article in the New Yorker magazine that said that after DN won a tournament in Atlantic City He left a check for $900,000 in the hotel and had forgotten about it. He also has $1million in a locker at the wynne and probably $1million at the Bellagio. I think the point is that to a guy like DN he can always play 300/600 if he needs money. Essentially as long as Vegas has a 300/600 game Daniel has an unlimited bankroll.

ya i don't think 1mm is that much... i mean on this website doesn't he list like 20 heads up games w/ a 500,000 buy in?... now i dunno if thats correct.. but if it is.. thats 10mm he put down

very few of the top pros play within their bankroll and at one time or another have always played beyond it. They are pro gamblers daniel is one the smartest when it comes to BR management though.