perhaps my biggest pet peeve

when someone comments "nice hand" after a major suckout and/or for being in a pot they definately should not have been... oh man - pet censor-ing peeve.. there is no nice hand here. the censored made a bad call and then got lucky... whats nice about it!!!!!! arrrgh
i could not agree more. nut flush, nut straight, four of a kind, ext...when the guy should've been in the hand is a nice hand. Not when some complete donkey isn't supposed to be a the censored hand and gets extremely lucky. i hate that.
You're not going to like agreeing with this after you realize the post following it is right.Unfortunate timing.
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My biggest pet peeve is a min raise from the big blind behind 5 limpers... i.e. the $2 raise out of position at 1/2 NL. It drives me insane. Sometimes ill make is $6 when someone does that just to be a jerk. That usually gets a good laugh out of some of the players. To me, its the poker equivalent of someone having their windshield wipers on high long after it stops raining. I wish death upon motorists who do this. :twisted:

when someone comments "nice hand" after a major suckout and/or for being in a pot they definately should not have been... oh man - pet censor-ing peeve.. there is no nice hand here. the censored made a bad call and then got lucky... whats nice about it!!!!!! arrrgh
i could not agree more. nut flush, nut straight, four of a kind, ext...when the guy should've been in the hand is a nice hand. Not when some complete donkey isn't supposed to be a the censored hand and gets extremely lucky. i hate that.
You're not going to like agreeing with this after you realize the post following it is right.Unfortunate timing.
no actually i still do. hope you were being sarcastic in that other post or you're just a donkey.
no actually i still do. hope you were being sarcastic in that other post or you're just a donkey.
Whoops.Special Ed, I guess.If you don't realize you want people to get in with the worst against you, you're in pretty big trouble.Someone telling them "nice hand" only helps them continue making poor plays.It's all pretty simple really.
Whoops.Special Ed, I guess.If you don't realize you want people to get in with the worst against you, you're in pretty big trouble.Someone telling them "nice hand" only helps them continue making poor plays.It's all pretty simple really.
if you're influenced to play more hands because somebody said "nh" they're you're in trouble.
I know..I hate money too. I was playing at the borgata in AC sunday night at the 1/2 NL table. I had a pair of pocket jacks and I raised it to 10 and only got one caller. The flop came 9 3 5 rainbow, he checked and i bet out 15 and he called, the turn came 10, he checked again i bet out 25 and he called, the river came an Ace, he checked and I checked behind and he flips over A3 for two pair. Know what I did? Got the waitress to bring over 2 more beers and I gave him one and said nice hand and laughed it off. The moral of this pointless story: I really really wanted him at that table more than anyone else. The more they shouldn't be in the hand, the more I want them in the hand.
I know..I hate money too. I was playing at the borgata in AC sunday night at the 1/2 NL table. I had a pair of pocket jacks and I raised it to 10 and only got one caller. The flop came 9 3 5 rainbow, he checked and i bet out 15 and he called, the turn came 10, he checked again i bet out 25 and he called, the river came an Ace, he checked and I checked behind and he flips over A3 for two pair. Know what I did? Got the waitress to bring over 2 more beers and I gave him one and said nice hand and laughed it off. The moral of this pointless story: I really really wanted him at that table more than anyone else. The more they shouldn't be in the hand, the more I want them in the hand.
this would prove a point but unfortunately you can't buy drinks for people online. :cry:

My pet peeve is when someone moves all in and someone else calls...there cards are turned over and find they have the same A-10, unless one of them catches 4 suits to a flush this hand is a tie...and one of the dumb.ass says "nice hand"

this would prove a point but unfortunately you can't buy drinks for people online. :cry:
Someday....oh someday, and i'll be there :dance:

my pet peeve is when someone says "I could care less" when they mean to say "I couldn't care less". They're using the phrase completely the opposite way they intended.Oh, you meant poker pet peeve? Ummmmm.......nevermind

I cant stand when old men sit at low limit tables and when it gets around to them , they take so long counting their chips infront of them without announcing call or raise as their hands tremble.....i just wanna take their chips and shove it down their throats. I usually act out of turn and just call or fold and if the dealer says something I just say "Im not gonna wait all day"

my pet peeve is when someone pushes a hand allin and loses then goes onto say that he had to because the blinds are about to go up. No shit. Everyone knows why you went allin

My biggest POKER pet peeve is when we are about 5-handed at my home game - most of us have had a few beers and a lot of chips and salsa - and just as I finally get both a hand and position the guy under the gun makes a 5xBB raise he's called and I re-raise only to be re-raised by the small blind and big blind calls and then the flop not only improves my hand but offers me a flush AND straight draw and the other four all go all in and I call and the turn gives me a set and the flush and I am still looking at an open ended straight and the other four guys all turn over absolute sh1t and say they were all bluffing and then their super-hot girl friends all come into the room in thongs and push-up bras and they tell me that if I actually DO have a hand I get to have the girls for the night and then I turn over my monster and just before I rake the pot and the girls . . . . the drool on my key board causes a small short and the smell of the smoke from the ensuing electrical fire wakes me up and I have to get back to work.I HATE it when THAT happens!!!!

when someone comments "nice hand" after a major suckout and/or for being in a pot they definately should not have been... oh man -  pet censor-ing peeve.. there is no nice hand here. the censored made a bad call and then got lucky... whats nice about it!!!!!! arrrgh
Ya, Spademan. You fucking donkey ass donkey! :club:
if you're influenced to play more hands because somebody said "nh" they're you're in trouble.
Hey, gimp. I know you're itching to defend your stupidity, but I want you to uncross your eyes for a moment, wipe the drool from the corner of your mouth, take off your nerf helmet and read closely for a moment.I never said I was "influenced" by anything. I at no point, was speaking about myself, or what "nh" does or does not do to me when someone says it.I'm talking about reinforcing someones dumb ass draw and such by telling them it was a nice hand.As you prove, a great many people are below average intellect, and are able to be "influenced" as a result.I stamp thee: Untardable.

My biggest pet peeve is when moronic drivers don't use their turn signal.Either when they're turning a corner, or changing lanes--it drive's me freakin crazy!!! :evil: Some days I wish that I had a 50mm machine mounted on the front of my car so I can teach those douchebags a lesson when they pull that crap.

I have a rule that I never call when Im debating what to do, and some clown is in the peanut gallery saying "call!....U should call!"...Automatic foldMy pet peeve is when someone says: "I put you all in"P.
Some douche said "I call you all in" in a home tourney tonight, I said "no you don't... only I can put myself all in" Fucking douchbag.Zach
I've got a guy at a regular home game who says that about 4 times every time we play....REALLY pisses me off.
Hey, gimp. I stamp thee: Untardable.
Heh, my word! :club:

I have to say the biggest pet peeve is the online poker professors. The people that rant for 10 minutes about how you made a bad play putting a short stack in while holding a 20-outer. The guy who will call you reckless if you bust him with anything but the stone nuts. This is usually the same guy who sticks around the room in a tournament and keeps whining for 20 minutes.. Either Phil Hellmuth has about 1000 online poker accounts, or maybe people just feel a lot tougher behind computer screens...

I have to say the biggest pet peeve is the online poker professors. The people that rant for 10 minutes about how you made a bad play putting a short stack in while holding a 20-outer. The guy who will call you reckless if you bust him with anything but the stone nuts. This is usually the same guy who sticks around the room in a tournament and keeps whining for 20 minutes.. Either Phil Hellmuth has about 1000 online poker accounts, or maybe people just feel a lot tougher behind computer screens...
Every online player is 1) a big winner 2) a major tough guy3) smartest man in the universe who is also dating my mom
Guest XXEddie

when some guy gets like 4 of a kind or betterand it start a bonfire discussion"well I almost had a royal three weeks ago, I had AK of diamonds and the flop had the J of diamonds, three people went allin and I called, I was so close to the royal I cant believe I missed it"I had one once, I had J4 of spades and three people went allin before the flop, i was gonna fold but they were sooted, the flop had the AKT and the river brought the Q, then a bunch of the "pros" gave me crap about the call"