update on ppfreeze, filing lawsuit

just thought some would find this interesting...if you remember my story, pp froze my account for stupid reasons, i have followed all of their requests and they still did not reopen my account. i am only 20 years old so the several thousand dollars in the account is important to me. my uncle is an attorney in southern CA, and i informed him of my conundrum, he has looked into my options and said there is nothing much i can do to the actual company partypoker, because any ruling would not be enforceable...buthe did inform me that because mike sexton is employed by partypoker and is a resident in the US, i can file a lawsuit against him and it's ruling will be enforceable, my uncle also believes strongly that we can win a lawsuit of this nature under some false advertising pretense lawyer bullshit. so, my uncle decided to help me out and has contacted sextons people, notifying that he will file the suit in 10 business days if my account is not reopened. he talked with them today, so we will see what happens.anyone that knows me all i want is my account reopened, i dont want any money and i greatly respect sexton and what he's done for poker, but i cannot just give away 3+thousand dollarsi'll update you as soon as i find out anything for those interested...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck!I'd have to imagine that Sexton would be willing to settleWould you accept for example, they just give you the money with the account still closed?That would probably be their settlement offer...

Yes I know getting 3 grand frozen sucks. However, there are some complications here (btw I have a law degree so I'm not talkning totally out my censored).First, most sites require you to be 21. So technically you're playing fraudulently to begin with.Second, since I imagine that Mike Sexton lives in Nevada (although I could be wrong), and you live in another state, you are in effect planning on filing a suit in federal court. While you might not have sufficient money to even get into federal court, you are getting the feds involved. In effect, you are creating the potential to getting monstrous federal regulation/shutdowns of online poker.Third, you are basically shaking down Mike Sexton.But this is America, land of the lawsuit...

all i want is my damn money back!!! thats all i've ever been asking from these bit.ches
just a quick run-down... why was your account closed again?
Guest XXEddie
"Looks like he's doing it Vince! He's suing me for his money!"
"BINGO BANGO BONGOS VINCE!!! He just won my entire paycheck!"

rwood, best of luck--great idea and i'm glad you have the resources (attorney uncle) to be able to carry out with an effective plan. again, good luck!

"Looks like he's doing it Vince! He's suing me for his money!"
LMAO.LMAO @ your sig, too--nice!aseem

THIS is why I constantly cash out...and only re-deposit my stake for a session or two.....Paranoid? I THINK NOT....this re-affirms my philosophy.

I've been an attorney for 9 years, having graduated in 1996. Although I practice almost exclusively criminal defense, I know enough about civil law and procedure and common sense to know that Mike Sexton is going to laugh at your uncle.Assuming arguendo that Sexton is liable, in a cost benefit analysis no sane attorney--even your uncle is going to sue him. In a cost benefit analysis, it is not worth the time and money to sue out such a small amount of money. Your uncle would spend $1000s of his own money to sue in NV. That is why every state has created small claim courts for matters below $10,000--in which attorneys are not even allowed. Second, at the other poster pointed out, what is your basis or theory to hold Sexton liable for your loss?

i live in fargo and i have seen ads for ur firm!! itssss a small world afffffffter allll but seriously dude....i wish ya all the best in gettin ur $$$ back

i live in fargo and i have seen ads for ur firm!!  itssss a small world afffffffter allll  but seriously dude....i wish ya all the best in gettin ur $$$ back
i have also seen the adds
I've been an attorney for 9 years, having graduated in 1996.  Although I practice almost exclusively criminal defense, I know enough about civil law and procedure and common sense to know that Mike Sexton is going to laugh at your uncle.Assuming arguendo that Sexton is liable, in a cost benefit analysis no sane attorney--even your uncle is going to sue him. In a cost benefit analysis, it is not worth the time and money to sue out such a  small amount of money.  Your uncle would spend $1000s of his own money to sue in NV.  That is why every state has created small claim courts for matters below $10,000--in which attorneys are not even allowed.    Second, at the other poster pointed out, what is your basis or theory to hold Sexton liable for your loss?
The first problem is easy to solve - sue him for more money. As allinbluff said, this is America. Emotional trauma, loss of mental sanity, pain & suffering - you could easily get much more. ;)In regards to the second problem - I'm not smart enough to answer that one.And those 2 sexton "quotes" were amazing. :clap:
Could someone explain why party is holding up this kid's money in the first place!
If I remember correctly, a friend transferred money to him so that he could cash it out for the friend. When he cashed it out, they locked his account.My memories all tend to blur together though, so I could be totally wrong.

Van Patten: Have a look at this Mike, a legitimate wired lawsuit, in the hole.Sexton: I cant wait to see how he plays this oneVan Patten: Wow Mike, he's suing you for all your worthSexton: Yes Vince. Most people would slowpaly here, but you have to admire the young kid for his courage. What tremendous play!Ok that is the best of from the coverage i get in Australia. In the Southern hemesphere all pocket pairs are legitimate...maybe things are different up north if you listen to Vince too much.