I have to choose two of the following movies. They will be watched back-to-back. I will have several types of candy at my disposal. I will be by myself. I will likely not have the opportunity to see any of the other movies before they come out on video. None are available in 3D or Imax.Cop Out - Looks alright. I don't mind Bruce Willis. Crazy Heart - Looks decent, but a movie would have to be awesome for me to watch one about a country singer.Shutter Island - probably. I loves me some DiCaprio.She's Out of my League - no.Remember Me - Robert Pattinson? No.The Crazies - Maybe. I don't mind stupid. Watching horror by yourself in a theatre is meh though.Green Zone - I loves me some Damon. I hates me some Irag propaganda crap. Looks like the reviews aren't great.Alice in Wonderland - I guess. Apparently it isn't particularly clever, but maybe I'll zone out and try to have some weird dreams.So...Alice in Wonderland and Shutter Island? Or should I make a break for it with one of the other choices.
Shutter Island is excellent, obvious choice.I saw Alice in Wonderland in 2D (It was actually at a parent/baby day... that's another story). It was ok nothing special, if I was paying full price I'd be seeing it in 3D. I haven't seen them but I'd choose either Green Zone or Cop Out. I think being by yourself those movies would have the most entertainment value. I'd prefer a good action movie anyway.
  • Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

I liked Alice quite a bit. I've seen it twice. I'd say it's better than OK. Maybe not quite special but I've seen it twice so obviously it's got something going for it. Actually, reverse that, I would say it's special. Though, might be better to wait for 3D for that extra oomph. Cop Out was decent. Sean William Scott was dern good.

The RunawaysI did not like it, felt like it was a movie of archetypes and not characters. I think part if it is my fault, though. I've read some of the back story, with some of the present member strife forcing the script in certain directions. Like the story was okay, but the movie barely mentions that Lita Ford is in the band.Also, I don't find Kristen Stewart charismatic or sexy, which in a movie about gender stereotypes and the commercialization of sexuality is a deal breaker.

Temple GrandinSemi-autobiogrphical account of Temple Grandin, an autistic woman who pioneered ethical corralling of cattle being led to the slaughter. An interesting look into the mind of someone who sees the world in pictures (she seems to have eidetic memory). She has brought much insight into understanding autism and has spoken at many related functions.Clare Danes plays Temple Grandin and she's quite good.

Here's the list that Amazon's selling.RayBuddy Holly StoryDoors (An Oliver Stone Film)What's Love Got To Do With It?Great Balls of Fire!La BambaElvis (says only on VHS, but has Kurt Russell)Bob Dylan--No Direction Home (great, but dq'd. It's not a biopic.)Walk the LineBeyond the SeaI liked Walk the Line more than Ray, but don't think either really gets into rock. No way can you stretch Bobby Darin into being a rock star. The Doors isn't exactly good, but I can't stop laughing at one of my favorite lines of all time. Fat Jim is in the recording studio and slurs out "Let's go get some tacos." Love it strong, after all of these years.I think their list is weak, maybe because it is, but probably because it doesn't include my favorite--Control.
The RunawaysI did not like it, felt like it was a movie of archetypes and not characters. I think part if it is my fault, though. I've read some of the back story, with some of the present member strife forcing the script in certain directions. Like the story was okay, but the movie barely mentions that Lita Ford is in the band.Also, I don't find Kristen Stewart charismatic or sexy, which in a movie about gender stereotypes and the commercialization of sexuality is a deal breaker.
Dit-toShe was at her cutest in Panic Room.....

Thoughts on RockNRolla?I loved it and have watched it more than 5 times but it didn't get such a good reaction from most. Ebert gave it 3 stars with a comical but nice review.

Thoughts on RockNRolla?I loved it and have watched it more than 5 times but it didn't get such a good reaction from most. Ebert gave it 3 stars with a comical but nice review.
it was entertaining. i liked snatch and lock stock more though.
Thoughts on RockNRolla?
Unfortunately, all I have is some remarks
[british accent probably Jason Statham or someone else that seems like a typical british Guy Ritchie kind of guy]Now you're probably asking yourself why am I speaking in a british accent probably Jason Statham or someone else that seems like a typical british Guy Ritchie kind of guy. Well I'll tell you why. In fact, I'll tell you why by telling you all the reasons why not which will then leave only the reason why. You see it's not because I like nonsense. It doesn't serve any purpose here except to confuse and it wouldn't make sense trying to confuse you whilst simultaneously explaining something to you. I guess that's why it's called nonsense. It's not because my words sound better this way. They do, of course, sound better this way because your "unknown to me since you're reading these words and I don't know you personally" accent is stupid. Very stupid. It's not because I'm distracting you with a big story so that my mate can knock you over the head. See I'm a direct kind of guy. If I'm gonna knock you over the 'ead, I'm gonna do it my own self. So that leaves only one reason dunnnnit? Yes. It's because I watched Rocknrolla and was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't just another rehash of his past two big films though, of course, given the subject matter they are quite similar.[/british accent probably Jason Statham or someone else that seems like a typical british Guy Ritchie kind of guy]

in the sequel, do you think we'll find out how they got to the russian and got into the situation where they were able to cut off his arm n leg

Archie. Andy Garcia. freaky.

when you read my line "quite similar" I hope you realised it was the time to use Gerard Butler's aka One Two's accent.

my milk. past due

Unfortunately, all I have is some remarks
Awesome."If I could be half the human being Bob is at the cost of being a poof, I'd have to think about it. Not for very long, but I'd have to pause. "One of my favourite lines ever in one of the best scenes I've seen in a movie.

I'd imagine Jonny will be in full swing as a gangster when we start the movie. They'll probably do a 10 second flashback. I wonder will they ever show the painting?Will Jonny work with Archie? Interesting to see what they do with it, pretty unpredictable. And I hope the Scottish junkie merchant has a few cameos.

i watched coraline and delgo. after watching coraline, watching delgo was pretty much a letdown. both animated, but no contest here.coraline: 8.5.delgo: 4.5.the 8.5 may be slightly inflated just because the movie shone relative to what followed.interestingly, shortly after coraline started i was 95% sure it was originally a 3D movie based on some camera use. i was right. go me!!

The Great Escape (from the 50s)I've always seen pieces of this movie on TV but never sat through the whole thing. Great movie, rather sad ending but a great movie that holds up well over the years.The Green ZoneThoroughly enjoyed this. For some reason I had the impression it was like a Bourne movie, probably from the trailers but it was nothing like that at all. It was a solid movie, I don't know how much truth is behind it but there's no question a lot of useless missions took place in Iraq.

ALthough Rocknrolla may not have been quite as "entertaining" as Snatch or Lock/Stock, it's got a better screenplay and is more cohesive, imo. I liked the characters just as well
The Great Escape (from the 50s)I've always seen pieces of this movie on TV but never sat through the whole thing. Great movie, rather sad ending but a great movie that holds up well over the years.The Green ZoneThoroughly enjoyed this. For some reason I had the impression it was like a Bourne movie, probably from the trailers but it was nothing like that at all. It was a solid movie, I don't know how much truth is behind it but there's no question a lot of useless missions took place in Iraq.
Great Escape is 1963. Steve McQueen!!! A motorcycle!!! "Good luck!"