nightmare at the end of the hall.i could only watch about 15-20 minutes of this. i had significant problems with the actors' facial expressions being at odds with what was spewing from their lips."you can't know how we felt, we lost OUR DAUGHTER!!" <smiling>wha?

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

Tell No OneThanks to all who recommended this in previous posts in this thread. Great movie. I'm still trying to put some of the pieces together, but it was really good. The part I had a hard time with was putting faces to the characters names since it was in subtitles and they kept talking about different characters, especially at the beginning... the ending explained enough though.

The Back-up Plan, but I didn't choose it, lol!I've been to Germany with my wife and we wanted to watch a movie and it was the only one with english subtitles that night so we had to watch it. that's wasn't so bad though :club:

The Bounty HunterStarring Gerard Butler and Jennifer AnistonOne of those mindless movies that will gain you points if you watch it with your wife or girlfriend. Don't watch it with your wife and girlfriend though...that would be bad.
I turned it off after 20 minutes. I thought it was terrible. I don't find Butler attractive, and I keep wondering when Jennifer Anniston is going to do something that reminds me why she's a star.I saw Last Airbender and really liked it. I didn't know the story before seeing it, so I'm sure they cut out things that will really bother a fan. I found the action scenes good and easy to follow. Again, I saw it n 3D and found it completely unnecessary. It didn't feel like a Shahmaylan movie, either. There weren't moments of noir, or color saturation, and best of all, I didn't leave the theater angry (like The Village).For any indie horror fans out there, I keep hearing really really good things about Rec2. I think it's available for instant download, and is also making the rounds on the big screen.

One Hour Photo | IMDBPlot: An employee of a one-hour photo lab becomes obsessed with a young suburban family.Outstanding acting by Robin Williams. He needs to keep up the serious, creepy roles as it surprisingly fits him well. The plot itself was good too, you have to assume there are some people who live like this in our society.Solid movie, recommended to anyone who wants to see something different.

The Girl Next DoorMy taste in movies would probably best be described as... I don't know. I had a phrase there for a minute. I like good movies, and hate crappy movies. I don't know enough about film-as-art to really dig on the cinematography, nor subtler stuff that makes great movies, like, great. I appreciate good writing, but even more than that, I just fucking hate bad writing. I'm way more critical of comedy -- because it's just ridiculously hard to be funny -- than drama -- because I don't know anything about anything and therefore just accept everything. I am also in the minority on many of my opinions regarding comedies (for example, I'm on record as thinking Knocked Up is an all-time great comedy, and significantly better than 40 Year Old Virgin, even though I like the latter as well).I like The Girl Next Door. I enjoy it. Some of the funny parts are actually kinda funny, and even though the entire movie is fucking ridiculous, I still give it a total pass and laugh. The "show that shit!" line in the gymnasium, for example, is awesome. I realize that it's probably that I'm objectively wrong about this, that the movie is just stupid and retarded and all that, but I don't particularly care. If I felt guilty about enjoying stuff, I might call it a guilty pleasure. But I hate that term and have decided to stop using it. I'm only posting this because I just watched the film, and I randomly opened this thread. I will, in all likelihood, never come back here.

I will, in all likelihood, never come back here.
and just like that.....he's gone.Funny People (C+)Kind of weird to watch a movie where Sandler and Rogen vacillate between comedic and serious 50 times. It had some funny moments and tons of stuff that just was there. It was also way too long.Observe and Report (B+)I had a full weekend of Seth Rogen. This was incredibly dumb and yet really entertaining. Lots of solid jokes. And Ray Liotta! A lot more violent than I was expecting.Paul Blart: Mall Cop (D+)I also watched a lot of mall cop movies lately somehow. This movie was really bad but not completely devoid of laughter.Harry Potter 6 (B+)Probably my 2nd favorite of the Potter movies. Very enjoyable....pretty true to the book as always.

HeatNot sure why it's taken me so long to finally see this movie. I've heard so many great things about it, and every expectation was met.The OrphanageI really enjoyed this one. Not as much as Pan's Labyrinth, but it was still really good.

TimersIt's an instant download via Netflix. It's a rom-com, and charming enough, but I think the actors were better than the material.Girl With a Dragon TattooI read the book, and then watched the movie. The movie's very good, Sweden looks great, and in general the characters I responded to in the book remained the same.

Most of the financial crime elements have been removed, and I really missed the relationships of Blomkvist and Berger, and Blomkvist and Henrick Vanger. I watched it with my husband, who has not read the book. As we were watching Lisbeth ram the dildo up her guardian's ass, I heard him saying, "Wow, she's got really good arms to do that." hahahaha

HeatNot sure why it's taken me so long to finally see this movie. I've heard so many great things about it, and every expectation was met.
Definitely one of my favourite movies of all time.

DeliveranceReally good older movie with Burt Reynolds and Jon Voight. It is one of those movies that puts the viewer in a situation that makes you think what would you do in a certain situation. What is morally/legally right?

Despicable MeTook my son for his 11th birthday. Had some really funny parts and Steve Carell was hysterical. Saw the 2D version. Glad I saw it, had a few laughs, but probably wouldn't see it again, overall 7/10.

The Kids Are AlrightIt stars Annette Bening, Julianne Moore, and Mark Ruffalo. It was great, really great, and is in my top three of the year. It's in extremely limited release now, and will be rolled out a little more this weekend.(Filling out my top three of the year are Exit Through the Gift Shop and Toy Story 3.)

The Kids Are AlrightIt stars Annette Bening, Julianne Moore, and Mark Ruffalo. It was great, really great, and is in my top three of the year. It's in extremely limited release now, and will be rolled out a little more this weekend.(Filling out my top three of the year are Exit Through the Gift Shop and Toy Story 3.)
I remember seeing a bunch of previews for this, I'm suprised it is in such limited release.

Yes Man was a pleasant surprise. I didn't expect much and I may have been in the perfect state of mind but this movie was quite enjoyable. Also, Zooey makes any movie better.

RocknrRolla - typical Richie style, love it so much, it's not his best movie, but it's not crap either, 8/10The Book of Eli- very good movie, to be fair with stereo story, but actors were great, camera corners in fights were not typical 7.5/10The Road- one more movie about apocalypse, I've watched it just after Eli, but this one was totally different, it's all based on emotions and keeps you in the movie, everything else is just secondary. 7.5/10Revolver- great actors, great Richie, great movie. 9/10Green mile- best movie I've seen i last few months. Extra story, great acting, incredible story, forces you to make empathy with characters 10/10Today I am going to see Kickass and Friday.

UpHoly crap and I thought the Lion King was tough to hold back tears. I really was not expecting that much emotional connection with the characters, amazing development during the first half hour. Unfortunately that bleeds in to the entire film. You constantly feel drenched in the old man's feelings as you're reminded of why he's doing his adventure over and over. There were definitely times where I wish I could just sit and enjoy a more animated movie but the amount of sadness sort of takes over throughout. I'm glad I didn't see this in theater, everyone would be blowing noses.

The Road- one more movie about apocalypse, I've watched it just after Eli, but this one was totally different, it's all based on emotions and keeps you in the movie, everything else is just secondary. 7.5/10Green mile- best movie I've seen i last few months. Extra story, great acting, incredible story, forces you to make empathy with characters 10/10
I remember when I first saw both of these movies and realizing that they weren't what they were marketed as and were better off for it. I agree with what you're saying about The Road. It's the end of the world and there are these crazed cannibal mutant humans, but the movie is all about this father-son relationship. I thought it was a really good movie. I'd like to know what someone who read the book thought about it.The Green Mile is one of my favorite Tom Hanks movies (along with Saving Private Ryan, Apollo 13, and Road to Perdition (man, he's been in a lot of really good movies)).
Holy crap and I thought the Lion King was tough to hold back tears.
Wait until you see Toy Story 3.
I really was not expecting that much emotional connection with the characters, amazing development during the first half hour. Unfortunately that bleeds in to the entire film. You constantly feel drenched in the old man's feelings as you're reminded of why he's doing his adventure over and over. There were definitely times where I wish I could just sit and enjoy a more animated movie but the amount of sadness sort of takes over throughout. I'm glad I didn't see this in theater, everyone would be blowing noses.
Weird use of "unfortunately." The best action-adventure movies are the ones that aren't really about the action and adventure. It's about putting characters in these situations and seeing how their emotions and motivations drive their actions. I don't think you want to just go into "let's just have some fun" mode and forget why they are where they are. Up handles this beautifully; it's adult-themed while still being a fun for kids movie. Probably my favorite Pixar movie.By the way, Toy Story 3, the best in the series. I thought it was almost perfect. I'm saying almost here, but I couldn't really point to anything in particular and say I wish it was something else. I just have a hard time saying any movie is perfect.
That's a howler...Don't forget Tony Curtis, Janet Leigh and Ernest Borgnine!
Ernest Borgnine played Kurt Douglas's father, when Kurt is older than Earnest by 4 months.

Saw Knight and Day.Fun, I liked the way they kind of just blah blah blahed through some of the action scenes. almost like they were saying, yea..too much action is getting old so let's cut some out and enjoy the jokes.