Official Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

I think the goalie who just played 65 minutes is probably warm enough to withstand it better than the cold 41 year old.
One would hope so but if he is going to loose anyway why risk him getting a groin injury when you have a disposable back up like Cujo?
  • Replies 24k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

One would hope so but if he is going to loose anyway why risk him getting a groin injury when you have a disposable back up like Cujo?
It didn't even look like Cujo was trying. He was probably told to let Anaheim score so they could stay in the race for the #1 pick plus Wilson had a believable excuse ready.

The following post is very serious and may shock and awe a lot of you on here. I want to give my views on the possibility that the Leafs management has decided to tank and lose on purpose.I truly hope this isnt the case. I have supported this team through thick and thin..And believe me folks there has been a lot of thin since 1980 when i started watching the Leafs. I have gone through ridicule from my friends and family as well as my cyber friends/foes on here. I have given my unconditional love and support to this franchise for the last 28 years and have enjoyed the peaks and valleys(few peaks).Now if its admitted to or proven that the Leafs are on purpose TRYING to lose games, I have a serious issue with the organization and my continued unconditional support. I have invested a lot of time. I have invested a lot of emotion as well as money following this team. I understand that moves have to be made to help the team going forward, however if AT anytime Cliff Fletcher or Ron Wilson come out publicly and say we did this move for the purpose of losing , I will seriously consider my loyalty to this organization.I hope you guys understand for ME to say something like this, i have to feel very strongly about it. I watch the games for enjoyment and relaxation. I watch the games with my son and its the greatest joy in the world. I cant support anything that purposely loses in anything I do. I cant teach my son that losing is good.Thanks

The following post is very serious and may shock and awe a lot of you on here. I want to give my views on the possibility that the Leafs management has decided to tank and lose on purpose.I truly hope this isnt the case. I have supported this team through thick and thin..And believe me folks there has been a lot of thin since 1980 when i started watching the Leafs. I have gone through ridicule from my friends and family as well as my cyber friends/foes on here. I have given my unconditional love and support to this franchise for the last 28 years and have enjoyed the peaks and valleys(few peaks).Now if its admitted to or proven that the Leafs are on purpose TRYING to lose games, I have a serious issue with the organization and my continued unconditional support. I have invested a lot of time. I have invested a lot of emotion as well as money following this team. I understand that moves have to be made to help the team going forward, however if AT anytime Cliff Fletcher or Ron Wilson come out publicly and say we did this move for the purpose of losing , I will seriously consider my loyalty to this organization.I hope you guys understand for ME to say something like this, i have to feel very strongly about it. I watch the games for enjoyment and relaxation. I watch the games with my son and its the greatest joy in the world. I cant support anything that purposely loses in anything I do. I cant teach my son that losing is good.Thanks
They would never come out and say it. Never!NEVER!!!
I hope you guys understand for ME to say something like this, i have to feel very strongly about it. I watch the games for enjoyment and relaxation. I watch the games with my son and its the greatest joy in the world. I cant support anything that purposely loses in anything I do. I cant teach my son that losing is good.Thanks
I think the last thing you do is relax while you watch a Leafs game.On another note it looks like Blake is a healthy scratch for tonights gamehttp://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=253497
I think the last thing you do is relax while you watch a Leafs game.On another note it looks like Blake is a healthy scratch for tonights gamehttp://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=253497
wow that is another unconventional move by Wilson...I actually agree with this..Blake looked totally lost out there on Tuesday. He has a few terrible giveaways and just wasnt in the flow of the game..Also i need him the miss 13 games, so thats a good start.
wow that is another unconventional move by Wilson...I actually agree with this..Blake looked totally lost out there on Tuesday. He has a few terrible giveaways and just wasnt in the flow of the game..Also i need him the miss 13 games, so thats a good start.
Does sitting in the pressbox healthy count as a game missed?The problem is they gave Blake 1st line scorer $$ and he is a 3rd line hard working, fast player. It's not his fault they overpaid him.I find it funny to watch him because he will shoot from anywhere. He doesn't even have a big shot or traffic in front or even guys going for a rebound but he'll just fire it on net. It's like he gets a bonus for shots on goal from the Leafs or something.

The Penguins have never come out and admitted that they tanked the season before drafting Mario, so I kinda doubt the Leafs will ever do the same. I think the Pens ended up trading away their top scorer at the deadline and won the race with NJ to suck more that year. I'm happy with how that turned out, of course.

The Penguins have never come out and admitted that they tanked the season before drafting Mario, so I kinda doubt the Leafs will ever do the same. I think the Pens ended up trading away their top scorer at the deadline and won the race with NJ to suck more that year. I'm happy with how that turned out, of course.
back then it was a more serious matter as there was no lottery...Penguins fans dont realize how close they were to getting Gilbert Brule instead of Crosby
back then it was a more serious matter as there was no lottery...Penguins fans dont realize how close they were to getting Gilbert Brule instead of Crosby
And Florida almost had Eric Staal over Nathan Horton : (
And Florida almost had Eric Staal over Nathan Horton : (
thats not that bad..Horton is still a good player.
I think we're all pretty well aware of how lucky the Penguins were to win the lottery that day.

And serge.... for real..... I would hope that you would not count a player being a healthy scratch as a game missed due to injury for injury clauses for prop bets. I don't think you will find a single person on here who will back you on that one..

And serge.... for real..... I would hope that you would not count a player being a healthy scratch as a game missed due to injury for injury clauses for prop bets. I don't think you will find a single person on here who will back you on that one..
This about Jason Blake?
sorry dude...the bet is minimum 70 games played..doesnt matter how he misses them..thats how it goes..
sorry dude...the bet is minimum 70 games played..doesnt matter how he misses them..thats how it goes..
Arbitration: That clause has often been referred to as an 'injury' clause, which is the spirit of the bet. If the player sucks so bad he gets benched, that's on YOU, not on me...
Arbitration: That clause has often been referred to as an 'injury' clause, which is the spirit of the bet. If the player sucks so bad he gets benched, that's on YOU, not on me...
there is really no discussion here..the nhl doesnt keep track of how a player missed games..even if they do its not what this bet is about..
there is really no discussion here..the nhl doesnt keep track of how a player missed games..even if they do its not what this bet is about..
I CALL FOR FCP HOCKEY FORUM ARBITRATION
I CALL FOR FCP HOCKEY FORUM ARBITRATION
i dont care what they say...if he doesnt play 70 games you arent getting paid..end of story
i dont care what they say...if he doesnt play 70 games you arent getting paid..end of story
Fair enough. Then I'm holding you to the 'leafs wont match their five shutout total from last year' bet. Exactly five. No more. No less.
seriously dude go **** yourself..you deserve it
I actually felt bad for you. That was my way of showing it. Sorry you took it the wrong way.