• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

I give up serge. Your head is so far up your ass you can't hear anymore. Good luck.
translation:"You are right Serge, and I am hoping the Leafs start losing now so hopefully I can salvage some of my dignity".While others choose to argue their points, you always seem to be right,and noone else can be correct. After watching the first 8 games and saying essentially its an aberration and the Leafs have no talent shows who is the clueless one. You quote your insiders, and pro scouts but these are the same ones that said this team has no chance and will be lucky to finish anything but last.I know in 20 games from now when the Leafs are still playing the way they are , you will say something like" this team has no talent but they are working hard and it will end eventually." then the same after 50 games.Eventually you will apologize and say i was right...I cant wait for the day.The fact that this team after 8 games in a tough schedule was expected to have possibly 4 or 5 pts...they have 9 even with there abysmal SO record.
Very good points you make...I agree with a lot of them....I am pretty sure this isnt a mirage, and the Leafs will compete every night. They have played solid against some tough teams already and have competed with them. Actually if it wasnt for the ineffectiveness of the Shootout we would have a couple of more points .When Chris comes in and says this team has no talent, then I know he is the one who is a little misguided here.Luke Schenn is going to be very soon, considered one of the top young dman in the league. Unfortunately since he doesnt score he wont get the accolades as much. But this kid is the real deal.Tomas Kaberle is an all star puck moving dman. If he doesnt have any talent, 90 % of the league is not talented.Nik Antropov is a very talented player. He may not be Malkin but he is big, can shoot and understands the game.I can go down the line and make show that this is a talented team...Yes they arent allstars, but they are deep...Whats wrong with having a team full of second line players, as long as they are working hard and growing together...First line players can be bought, and they will
Your assessment of Schenn, Kaberle and Antropov I dont disagree with. But I dont believe that this team is "full of second liners". Guys like Stajan, Steen, Grabovski, Poni.....none of these guys have shown enough skill/potential to warrant top 2 line ice time. If anything, maybe they should be a guy who plays with much better players to fill out your lines. Add in players like Hagman, Blake, Mayers....guys who are great 3rd liners for contenders, and you have a roster full of holes, in my opinion.And the team that IS full of second liners? They don't win Stanley Cups.I think this is where you and I really disagree.The point of my topic was to discuss if the Leafs are merely succeeding because of a system and a style of play, along with their effort, which cannot be sustained throughout the whole year. Just was curious if other "hockey guys" are seeing the same thing.The thing with a system like this......it doesnt always succeed in the playoffs and it rarely helps the top players maximize their potential. I'm guessing one of those free agents your thinking of signing wont be Marleau as long as Wilson is coach.But it has been impressive to see so far.Either way, I think 8games is such a small sampling that the real test will be about 30games in. Lets see what happens I guess.

yes the beauty of hockey, we can all disagree..We can all watch and have fun at the same time...Then 30 games in I can say I told you so..or you all ridicule me... :club: However i never thought a coach made so much of a difference than I do watching the transformation of this Leafs team..I am now positive that Maurice wasnt a very good coach, overrated and by the look of it a lot of hockey people think the same way as he is unemployed.

Its been a tough couple days for me personally as I faced one of my huge fears today...I was at the dentist and had a root canal done....My mind was elsewhere as the pending day came closer. I actually missed a lineup in the AHL, where i dont think I have missed more than one lineup in the last 10 years..Now its over and i am so relieved....For those that are scared of this procedure, its really no big deal...The laughing gas is amazing..Back to the topic at hand...This game tonight will be a very telling sign..I cant recall how many times last year after a huge Saturday night win we would come out on a Tuesday and get shellacked..I recall a few 8-1 and 7-2 losses to bad teams in this exact spot..Ron Wilson i am sure has done his job to keep the boys on an even keel, and not get too high. The Lightning are reeling and had a huge workout apprently and they are in HUGE need of a win...We will see what happens..

my dentist was telling me they used to have laughing gas parties back in the day...I swear it was like i had 5 beers, but as soon as it stopped i was fine...great stuff

it was a meh period...We obviously didnt dominate, however Mike Smith made some good saves....Both teams missed 5-3 opportunities..Tampa has a jump tonight, and looked good...We are still in it, and I like our chances.

4 delaying the game puck over glass penalties already in the leafs game, 2 to Mike Van Ryn. Thats gotta be a record, 4 in a game and has anyone every got 2 in a game lol?

its really ridicolous...the first one was a phantom one...The replay showed KUBINA's clearing shot went off a stick...Van ryn didnt even touch the puck

I am trying to figure out whats worse...Losing 7-0 and never having a chance or playing a solid game and just coming up short?In the grand schemes of things I think losing like last night is better, but it hurts a lot more than a 7-0 shellacking.In the Standings Atlanta's effort against Philly and the Leafs game is identical..However obviously the Leafs played better.

I am trying to figure out whats worse...Losing 7-0 and never having a chance or playing a solid game and just coming up short?In the grand schemes of things I think losing like last night is better, but it hurts a lot more than a 7-0 shellacking.In the Standings Atlanta's effort against Philly and the Leafs game is identical..However obviously the Leafs played better.
The Leafs are not the 1st team to lose by a goal. Did you want a 1/2 point for trying?
The Leafs are not the 1st team to lose by a goal. Did you want a 1/2 point for trying?
Thats not what I said...

here's a crazy idea. Let's throw the point system out of the window. Implement one that's purely based on win loss margins. Each goal is basically worth a 1/2 point. A team will only get the points for margin of victory. So if a team wins 7-0 they'd get 3.5 points. If a team loses 5-2 they'd get -1.5 points.I wonder how a system like that would play out.

here's a crazy idea. Let's throw the point system out of the window. Implement one that's purely based on win loss margins. Each goal is basically worth a 1/2 point. A team will only get the points for margin of victory. So if a team wins 7-0 they'd get 3.5 points. If a team loses 5-2 they'd get -1.5 points.I wonder how a system like that would play out.
Pretty nicely if you were in the LA Kings division.
Pretty nicely if you were in the LA Kings division.
Yes the Sharks may win every game but finish last...I dont think its physically possible to score more than 4 goals in that arena.How many scoring titles would Thornton win if he played in the east..oh wait he did, but Boston doesnt count.

What an unbeliavable game....The leafs on the back of back to back, have played another superb game...Came back from 2-0 deficit and just fought all game...Amazing..48 shots on goal..The 4th goal the Leafs scored came at the end of an unbeliavable shift by Dominic Moore.....We get the point, and obviously wont get the second one..but I am happy

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWOW ...I jumped so high I hit my head on the ceiling...I am serious..WOW WOW WOW..SHOVE it haters...