Official Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

Not sure if some of you young guns know who Mark Laforest is but last night I had the pleasure of playing poker at a charity event with him. I was moved to his table and spent the better part of an hour chatting with the ex Leaf goalie....One of the things he is remembered for was the fight he had with Sean Burke, I reminded him I was at the game and he got a kick out me bringing it up. He said that Burke is a big boy but he didnt look so big from the other end of the ice. He also had great stories about his playing days, he was also a roommate of Bob Probert as well..Great guy and one hand everone folded and i was the button and look down at KK, he is the big blind. I make a standard raise and Mark calls. Flop comes K 10 2..He checks and i fire a half pot continuation bet....He tanks for like 2 minutes...He is struggling, I am trying to give off false tells to induce a call and he finally folds....I show him top set and he is very happy he folded...He was a pretty decent player.I found the clip of his fight with Burke. Its a brawl that s fairly long..the fight is shortly after the 3 minute mark...Ironically the main guy involved in that fight Lou Franchesgetti was also there last night.http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2008/10/...e-brawl-highlig

• Replies 24k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

Not sure if some of you young guns know who Mark Laforest is but last night I had the pleasure of playing poker at a charity event with him. I was moved to his table and spent the better part of an hour chatting with the ex Leaf goalie....One of the things he is remembered for was the fight he had with Sean Burke, I reminded him I was at the game and he got a kick out me bringing it up. He said that Burke is a big boy but he didnt look so big from the other end of the ice. He also had great stories about his playing days, he was also a roommate of Bob Probert as well..Great guy and one hand everone folded and i was the button and look down at KK, he is the big blind. I make a standard raise and Mark calls. Flop comes K 10 2..He checks and i fire a half pot continuation bet....He tanks for like 2 minutes...He is struggling, I am trying to give off false tells to induce a call and he finally folds....I show him top set and he is very happy he folded...He was a pretty decent player.I found the clip of his fight with Burke. Its a brawl that s fairly long..the fight is shortly after the 3 minute mark...Ironically the main guy involved in that fight Lou Franchesgetti was also there last night.http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2008/10/...e-brawl-highlig
LOve the site you got the clip from Serge..... :club:
thats what google brought up..not fond of the site.
Not many "real" fights in that brawl. More of a scrum with a couple of fights. I think the term brawl gets thrown around too easily.
Not many "real" fights in that brawl. More of a scrum with a couple of fights. I think the term brawl gets thrown around too easily.
it was one of the few times that I remember two goalies went at it..Happened with Hextall and Potvin too if I recall...
brawl^^^what happens when you don't eat meat^^^
Blog entry of the year!Serge is a sheep!Baaaa!!!!!Great job Howard! :club:
he is actually going to eat his words..I have the blog that he predicted the Leafs will finish last..I am going to get him fired..I ASSURE YOU OF THIS

I am very excited that I will be going to the Leafs game tomorrow night. I havent been to a Saturday night game in ages. I would think probably 10 years now. I usually go to at least 5-6 games a year, some years around 10. But they are always midweek. Reason being those are the games people are willing to give up, and Saturday is usually family night.I will be in the first row of the top level, right in front of the Leafs Alumni box.

I am very excited that I will be going to the Leafs game tomorrow night. I havent been to a Saturday night game in ages. I would think probably 10 years now. I usually go to at least 5-6 games a year, some years around 10. But they are always midweek. Reason being those are the games people are willing to give up, and Saturday is usually family night.I will be in the first row of the top level, right in front of the Leafs Alumni box.
Isnt that a violation of your restraining order?
Isnt that a violation of your restraining order?
lol..no I think I will be ok..Depending on who shows up ...The usher was telling me its usually family or friends there. But last time Franchesgetti was there..No restraining order needed. If Vaive shows up maybe.
lol..no I think I will be ok..Depending on who shows up ...The usher was telling me its usually family or friends there. But last time Franchesgetti was there..No restraining order needed. If Vaive shows up maybe.
The Alumni Box is for INVITED guests. Not Vaive....
The Alumni Box is for INVITED guests. Not Vaive....
so are you claiming if Rick Vaive called the Leafs and asked for 4 tickets they are going to say no???I think the way it works is the box is available for all games, the players request seats and its on a first come first serve basis..I maybe wrong
Lou Franschetti? Last I heard, he was applying for a construction job from a friend of mine.
Lou Franschetti? Last I heard, he was applying for a construction job from a friend of mine.
he actually looked like a construction worker last night when I saw him..Chris can verify this, but i think he was the longest lasting LEAF in the tourney.There were a lot of LOU chants coming from his table.

I would never cheer for any other team but when the product is shit Iam not going to wear rose coloured glasses. Far from a bandwagon jumper as I don't cheer for any other team Iam just not a fanatic. The only player left on the squad that I don't like is Antropov he reminds me of the old regime.On another note they're closing down church street for the Halloween party, girls dressed sluttier than usual my fav time of year. Hopefully the warm weather sticks around.

I would never cheer for any other team but when the product is shit Iam not going to wear rose coloured glasses. Far from a bandwagon jumper as I don't cheer for any other team Iam just not a fanatic. The only player left on the squad that I don't like is Antropov he reminds me of the old regime.On another note they're closing down church street for the Halloween party, girls dressed sluttier than usual my fav time of year. Hopefully the warm weather sticks around.
We need lots of pics of these girls you speak of.

I promise myself time after time that I am not going to believe Eklund rumours but now this:wow that would be greathttp://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Are-...-course/1/17625I have been saying that this team is a couple of skill players away from competing ...Looks like others agree..As has been pointed out the Leafs are lacking a first line. Well Kovalchuk and maybe Hossa/Gaborik would do the trick.I think the Leafs could trade Kaberle as part of a package to make this happen.ONE TIME

You guys get Valiquette tonight. Van Ryn hat trick please.
I rather get Lundqvist..That guy owns us...Especially in Toronto....He is a Toronto boy...

WOW..Thats all I can say..That was probably the greatest game I have ever been to in Toronto. If not the greatest it sure ranks up there. 5 goals in 5 21....And this is the best team in the Eastern Conference we did it against.The ACC was just going berzerk. I was right in front of Eddie Shack , Johnny Bower and Stewart Gavin and they were all going nuts.It feels really good that I am not the only one who finally sees what this team really is. Hard working, never give up, fast team that this is.i am so happy right now..Thats all ..I am happy

WOW..Thats all I can say..That was probably the greatest game I have ever been to in Toronto. If not the greatest it sure ranks up there. 5 goals in 5 21....And this is the best team in the Eastern Conference we did it against.The ACC was just going berzerk. I was right in front of Eddie Shack , Johnny Bower and Stewart Gavin and they were all going nuts.It feels really good that I am not the only one who finally sees what this team really is. Hard working, never give up, fast team that this is.i am so happy right now..Thats all ..I am happy
Glad you had a great time. I don't think the Rangers are the best team in the East though.
Glad you had a great time. I don't think the Rangers are the best team in the East though.
It was great...By the way I am not going to be stupid and moronic after a win..I will be positive and just happy..KARMA ..The Rangers are officially the best team so far...