What kind of session lengths are you playing? I remember back at the beginning of Bodog (0 A.B.), I ran $10 to $100 on a .05/.10 table. =)
I usually 3 or 4-table for about 30-45 minutes, take a break and then do it again. I'm too beat after work to focus for any longer than that at a time. Next month when I'm not working I'll probably try to mix in some multiple hour sessions. +9 buyins in one session is sick at any level, nice work. I think my best is like $10 -> $35
  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had one of my best cash days in quite a while yesterday...combined with a decent tournament score...which got the month back on track.

So far this month I have been able to play a little over 4000 hands. Running at 7ptbb/100 so far. Up about $285.00 playing 50NL. Played a little drunk last night and lost a couple of buy ins so that doesn't help.

All of my poker playing goals have been unrealistic. My new goal is to reach 1K in forum posts. I need to average 11.5 posts/day. I plan to bump many threads, +1 the soon to be locked ones, and start many a flame war.Non poker related goals are to find a pea coat, punch someone in the face, and run someone off the road for driving to slow in the left hand lane.
Almost to the half way point of the month and I am slacking.Anyway... this guy stole my heart.Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem TournamentBlinds: t500/t1000(Ante: t125)5 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: t29296CO: t25649Hero: t61614SB: t15226BB: t45558Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with Q :D T :DUTG raises to t3000, CO folds, Hero calls t3000 (pot was t5125), SB calls t2500 (pot was t8125), BB calls t2000 (pot was t10625).Flop: 8 :D A :club: 9 :) (t12625, 4 players)SB checks, BB checks, UTG bets t6000, Hero raises all-in t58489, 2 folds, UTG calls all-in t20171.Uncalled bets: t32318 returned to Hero. Turn: A :) (t64967, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: t64967)River: 4 :D (t64967, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: t64967)Results:Final pot: t64967UTG showed K :) J :icon_dance: Hero showed Q :icon_dance: T :icon_dance:
Had one of my best cash days in quite a while yesterday...combined with my dad's decent tournament score...which got the month back on track.
FYP :club: update for me - still haven't got our own internet (using other people's wireless), and the connection isn't consistent enough to play anywhere except for stars. thankfully the promotions have made me multi-tabling 1/2 LHE not as much a waste of time as it would usually be.

The month is going great, Live play has going very well, up 2.3K last night alone but it took 14 hours of 2-5NL to book it. Ring games at the River Rock have been full of tournament players while the Johnny Chan tournaments have been on. :club:

well i bought cardrunners last week and watched a number of their videos...I think it tweaked with my game just enough to make me too aggro, so i took a 6 buy in dip. biggest downswing since i played .05/.1 NL awhile ago. so i was pretty discouraged and pissed at the game. Decided to take a week off and after 9pm tonight i will be back in action. watched a bunch of cardrunners videos but avoided the high stakes short handed because they just dont play the same. my typical game is full ring 50NL so i need to remember how ppl play in general at those stakes. I think mentally i am totally ready to kill the game using patience and solid value betting. we will see. I bought PT and will buy PAHUD in a minute too so when i come back i should be taking diligent notes on my play. So i am not really on track with my goals but we will see how big of a rush i can get going the second half of this month. peace

well i bought cardrunners last week and watched a number of their videos...I think it tweaked with my game just enough to make me too aggro, so i took a 6 buy in dip. biggest downswing since i played .05/.1 NL awhile ago. so i was pretty discouraged and pissed at the game. Decided to take a week off and after 9pm tonight i will be back in action. watched a bunch of cardrunners videos but avoided the high stakes short handed because they just dont play the same. my typical game is full ring 50NL so i need to remember how ppl play in general at those stakes. I think mentally i am totally ready to kill the game using patience and solid value betting. we will see. I bought PT and will buy PAHUD in a minute too so when i come back i should be taking diligent notes on my play. So i am not really on track with my goals but we will see how big of a rush i can get going the second half of this month. peace
You should watch Brystmars small stakes series. Very good stuff for 50 NL and below. Teaches you good TAG play.
FYP :club:
Actually, my dad's tournament score was the next day.And interestingly, despite this, I'm hating the world at the moment. 6 Big Sunday MTTs w/o cashing and a slew of breakeven at $100 STTs...I'm really not particularly happy. My Stars account is almost busto after today. I've cashed in 2 of my past 24 MTTs and while they were okay cashes, they certainly weren't enough to cover all those buy-ins. I just don't know why I can't force myself to give them up. I do so well at NLHE cash. Totally in my element in that game. Bleh.As I wrote over in GenPo, the day basically ended with me losing AK on a board of K23 against JT.

Hey guys.. figured I'd start posting in these again.. My personal goal for April was to make sure I got in 30 hrs a week and made between 4k and 5k. I got sick in the very beginning of the month and played a few very short horrible sessions because I felt so awful.. I had just gotten back from vacation and had a lot of other crappy things going on in my life so I felt I was better off not playing. To be honest, I'm not sure what the hell I did over that two week period, lol. I started back up again on 4/16 and somehow managed to bluff off all my chips to the only other decent player at the table and I was off to a horrible start.. I regrouped though and managed to have a pretty good final two weeks. By the way, all my play is from 1/2 NL at the Borgata. In all from 4/16 to 4/30 I played 77 hours and won $4004. I played 12 sessions and had just two losing sessions with the biggest losing session being the $300 I bluffed off on the first day. The biggest winning session was +$960. My goals for May are to continue to get in between 30 and 40 hours a week and profit between 5k and 6k. I have never had trouble beating this game, it is just a matter of putting in the time and effort. Thus far this month has been pretty crappy and I haven't been putting forth enough effort. So far in the first two weeks I've played 39 hours and won $1021 which is about half my normal win rate. I had my biggest losing session in 1/2 NL ever the other night along with another pretty big losing session a week before which is pretty abnormal for me. I also started updating my blog again and will soon have a new blog at a new site so if you guys are interested, check it out.. it's in my sig and its updated for every session that I play.

tre is a donk by the way.we used to have a love affair but he decided to move on./life- Jordan
It was your fault.. Our late night talks made me have to buy a new keyboard every day. I just couldn't afford to deal with that anymore.
It was your fault.. Our late night talks made me have to buy a new keyboard every day. I just couldn't afford to deal with that anymore.
so you admit it!:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxbtw...are you still planning on playing the 1k event at the borgata or whatever? since we don't speak on aim anymore i mine as find out here. Donk.- Jordan
so you admit it!:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxbtw...are you still planning on playing the 1k event at the borgata or whatever? since we don't speak on aim anymore i mine as find out here. Donk.- Jordan
I was totally planning on it and then realized I can't because I have some lunch thing for my stepgrandparents 50th anniversary.. familyobligationaments

I want to buy Pokerace hud but i am not sure if it is good for omaha high.Also if everyone thinks it is helpful for Omaha , I need someone to buy it for me and send me the code. I will pay over Fulltilt. I am willing to pay in advance to a familiar face.

Figured I may as well put my goal in here.Profit $2K from MTT's for the month. In the challenge thread you may've seen that my goal is $10K profit for the year, which it is, but the way I'm going, $2K per month seems reasonable.FWIW - my current profit is $2800 for May. So unless I have some kind of horrid downswing, I'll eclipse $2K profit.

Overall May:
That's garbage that you're beating me, btw. Maybe if I hadn't bricked off a grand in MTTs Sunday, I'd be ahead.Fortunately, I had a nice little evening at my personal ATM (2/3 NL 6-max) to recover a decent chunk. I swear...it's entirely possible to make a very good living in that game.Also got my Stars BR off of life-support (was down to ~$60 on there yesterday...back up to $240 now).

yea...that was a sick end...was like AK < KT for 110bb pot, AT < 42 on a 35T3A board he c/r me on the riv and i paid it off cuz he was so bad...something else I can't remember...oh i chopped a big pot with AK to KJ vs this donk....K87 flop, K turn riv 7 bleh....and then against the same guy I stacked off with AQ < TT on QTx flop...lol, VERY NEXT hand, as you can see in the graph tho, I doubled back thru him....77 > TT on 7xx flop...and then he quit or i'd of run him down again....he was really bad...bleh- Jordan

yea...that was a sick end...was like AK < KT for 110bb pot, AT < 42 on a 35T3A board he c/r me on the riv and i paid it off cuz he was so bad...something else I can't remember...oh i chopped a big pot with AK to KJ vs this donk....K87 flop, K turn riv 7 bleh....and then against the same guy I stacked off with AQ < TT on QTx flop...lol, VERY NEXT hand, as you can see in the graph tho, I doubled back thru him....77 > TT on 7xx flop...and then he quit or i'd of run him down again....he was really bad...bleh- Jordan
bbfidtsno but seriously, pick brag post, you can't steal the goals thread, challenge thread, and your blog (am I missing something?).oh, and remember to post when you go broke!-cwik :club:
bbfidtsno but seriously, pick brag post, you can't steal the goals thread, challenge thread, and your blog (am I missing something?).oh, and remember to post when you go broke!-cwik :club:
loli've almost met my "challenge" of 20 buy ins....i think I need to reset that goal to like 50.hey i can steal the goals thread...i originated them here back last June I believe :D --- we do need more bbving tho in this thread. good times.- Jordan
loli've almost met my "challenge" of 20 buy ins....i think I need to reset that goal to like 50.hey i can steal the goals thread...i originated them here back last June I believe :club: --- we do need more bbving tho in this thread. good times.- Jordan
I just came in 18th in the 19k. I got kind of card dead and had two crazy big stacks acting after me. Anywho in true FCP style I push KJh and get called by AK and TT. So close and yet so far two nights in a row... maybe I need BK to stake me....